This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Disney's Polynesian Resort - Pictures

My picture threads consist of images I have taken that focus on the architecture, landscape architecture, planning, design, and theming of the facilities highlighted. They may also contain short descriptions and commentary, but will not focus on construction progress or special events or memorabilia or food selections or my traveling companions. Hopefully these threads are a good introduction for those who have not seen these places yet. All killer, no filler!

Disney's Polynesian Resort photographed in January 2010:
    This resort is one of the original 1971 properties from the opening of Walt Disney World and despite some refurfishments retains its contemporary take on the South Pacific style. Hotel rooms are arranged in multiple two-story 'longhouses' with subtropical gardens between, two swimming pools, and a marina on the Seven Seas Lagoon. It is connected to the Grand Floridian and Contemporary Resorts by monorail, as well as the Magic Kingdom theme park. Several other buildings house a recreation center and restaurant, while the largest one called Great Ceremonial House serves as the lobby and reception building with a tropical atrium and restaurants.

Nanea Volcano Pool:

Great Ceremonial House (lobby):

Boutiki (shop in the Great Ceremonial House):

Kona Cafe (coffee bar in Great Ceremonial House):

Enjoy!

Re: Disney's Polynesian Resort - Pictures

I loved our stay at that resort, although it started off on the wrong foot with them sending us to a dirty room that hadn't been cleaned since the prior guest checked out. They apologized, offered us a generous perq and sent us to a nice clean room. We then spent three days mostly just enjoying the resort before moving over to a timeshare for a week and spending our days in the parks.
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

What was the generous perk?

Comment

Sweet, I would love to enjoy a stay there!

Comment

I would love to be able to afford to stay there. I love that fountain/waterfall thing in the lobby.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X