• Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Teppan Edo

anyone been? do you like it? Please tell me about your experience
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Re: Thoughts on Teppan Edo

Service is excellent and the dinner show with chef cooking is better than other places. Food is okay. They do not offer rice only noodles. Love the green tea.

Comment

We loved it! except, since we are a party of 4- we shared a table with another family - usually not a problem - but these people were so negative. We laughed it off and the Chef made an extra effort to keep the mood fun, but these people should have saved their $ and had corn dogs.

We did not have a reservation and only waited about 30 minutes (for lunch).

The shrimp was my favorite, but the steak and chicken were good also.

4 thumbs up from SD clan!
      Last edited by sdmom; 04-23-2009, 08:48 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I really enjoyed the food and ambiance here. Can't go wrong with it if you enjoy japanese food. It did help I had dinner there accompanied by Micechat royalty visiting from CA.. so I had a great time.

Comment

Personally Tepan Edo is one of our favorites at Epcot, the food is good but then again most tepanaki is usually good, the show is well performed and probaly better than your local japanses Steak house (it's better than ours is anyway) and if you decide to go for lunch book the first available time and go early they perform a welcome ceremony when the restaurant opens with the entire staff.
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Glad to hear good reviews for this one, we're looking forward to eating there in June

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

How similar is this restaurant to Benihanas?

Comment

Originally posted by JAG107 View Post
                How similar is this restaurant to Benihanas?
                Much Better food, more upscale ambiance, much better service since the staff is all japanese and treat you like you would in Japan. Anyone who has been to TDR can relate to that.

Comment

i've never been there!.....lol
                  my heart is yours

Comment

Love it!!! I'd give it 5 stars.

You will love the show. You definitely should go and try it for yourself.
                    losey...

Comment

If you have never dined at a hibachi grill then the experience is worth it. If you have a place at home that does the same type of "dinner show", in my experience it's no different than what I have here at home. None the less the food was decent and we had a good time. As stated in a previous post, we also did not have a reservation but the wait was short, less than 30 minutes.

Comment

Teppan Edo is not only my favorite restaurant in Disney World, but my favorite restaurant period. The service is unbeatable, the food is exquisite, the atmosphere is soothing, and the chefs are always highly entertaining. I feel bad that my favorite restaurant in Disney World isn't even owned or operated by Disney, but Mitsukoshi really knows how to make fine restaurants.

Mitsukoshi's other restaurant, Tokyo Dining, is also good, but a very different experience. I prefer Teppan Edo, but when reservations are full and I'm in the mood for Japanes food, Tokyo Dining is a good substitute and is usually easy to get into.
                        I'm attempting to watch and review every Disney movie ever made in my blog called The Disney Films. You can also follow me on Twitter for news on upcoming Disney films.

Comment

I have had wonderful experiences dining there (as well as Tokyo Dining next door) as the CMs and Chefs are wonderful. We were even able to have small modifications and requests easily granted at the table upon ordering, which I always feel is key to success for Guests. This is one location that you cannot be late to or you just may loose your seat, since you do sit with other Guests.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X