This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] WiFi at WDW

I have heard on-line that there is free Wi-Fi in various places throughout the resort. But I can't find specifics other than IN the parks

What I really want to know (and am hoping is the case) is if they have WiFi at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Anyone know if this is or isn't the case? What ARE the hotels that have WiFi in the common areas?

(not gonna pack the laptop if I can't get the free WiFi)

Re: WiFi at WDW

From my experiences, the ONLY place at WDW with free wifi is at the cafe at Wide World of Sports. The resorts themselves have wired Internet at an additional charge.

Comment

There are two things that annoy me about my favorite resort...

1. Terrible coffee
      2. No internet access without paying fees.

I'm sorry, you're going to be stuck when you get there, I really am. However, I will mention that McDonald's does have free wifi in many of their restaurants now, or are supposed to. There is one across the street from the All Star resorts, should you need to check in. However, I've not been able to check to see if this has been upgraded or not.

And don't even get me started on coffee, my lifeblood.

If you do find wifi, please, please, post information.

Peace,
      Roo
      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

I'm sure there's WiFi around the resort, but it's Disney's private line that's used for cash registers.
        "The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Comment

There's been a thread on this before (try searching), and I believe it concluded that free WiFi is generally not available except in a few unusual, specific locations (such as WWS complex listed above).

For the record, Las Vegas also have very little free WiFi, and I would believe for what is probably the same reason: if you're surfing the net for free, you're not out there spending money.
          Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Thanks for the insight folks, but this is what I've read...

Originally posted by www.wdwinfo.com
            Wi-Fi is offered at select Disney Resorts and throughout areas of Wide World of Sports. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or PDA, you can access the internet from common areas at the resort.
            Has no one been recently to tell me where these "common areas at the resort" are?

Comment

Never mind...Found the answer and (just like y'all said) it wasn't the one I was hoping for...

MouseSavers.com - More Disney World Discount Info - Souvenir, Parking, Stroller, Internet

Comment

Thanks for doing the legwork, I'll make a note of this and I appreciate it.

Peace,
                Roo
                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Oh there's plenty of wifi (my iPhone has picked several different networks at DTD), but no FREE wifi.

Want free wifi? Stay at the Holiday Inn on Hotel Plaza Dr.

Comment

Theres free wifi at Innoventions in Epcot I downloaded some apps to my ipod when I was there.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X