Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Rod Miller Dvd

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Miller Dvd

For all of you Rod Miller fans out there:

I just recently received a dvd of Rod's piano playing at Disneyland, which I bought from Laughing PLace.com . I highly recommend this to any of his fans, it sure brought back memories of seeing him wailing on his piano keys and also viewing his fan base who enjoyed sitting and singing a long with his music. This is a thumbs up dvd.

I sure miss seeing him at the park. No one can ever come close to his abilities.

Re: Rod Miller Dvd

Isn't this guy Walt's son-in-law?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
      Isn't this guy Walt's son-in-law?

Ron Miller was Walt's son In Law.

Comment

Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post

I sure miss seeing him at the park. No one can ever come close to his abilities.
        Double, triple, quadruple AMEN to that. Definitely will look into the DVD.

(For the younger MCers that might not know, Rod was a fixture playing ragtime piano at Coke Corner for decades, til just a few years back.)

Favorite typical Rod/guest exchange (at least from my time working at the Park):

Guest - Can you play The Sting?
        Rod - Oh you mean that song from the movie "The Entertainer"?

What a man. One of the greats in the history of Disneyland.
        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
          Double, triple, quadruple AMEN to that. Definitely will look into the DVD.

(For the younger MCers that might not know, Rod was a fixture playing ragtime piano at Coke Corner for decades, til just a few years back.)

Favorite typical Rod/guest exchange (at least from my time working at the Park):

Guest - Can you play The Sting?
          Rod - Oh you mean that song from the movie "The Entertainer"?

What a man. One of the greats in the history of Disneyland.

Hey RadioBarry,

You know, I still have a couple of audio cassette tapes that I recorded of his playing in the late 70's and another one Imade when he invited me and a buddy over to his house during that same time frame. My favorite song of his was his rendition of It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow. You know I should get these converted to cd. You never know when the tapes will bust. It is the best way to preserve these memories.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X