Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

Quick question about extinct-attractions-club.com

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question about extinct-attractions-club.com

Well I first heard about the site here. And I started to poke around on the website and saw some things that looked really interesting. I was just curious how good of a quality the movies are? The clip from the upcoming Tiki room DVD was really good and I was kinda wondering if all the movies are that high of quality? If so I think I will start buying some of the DVD's. Also has anyone purchased any of the CD's that they also sell?

Re: Quick question about extinct-attractions-club.com

It's tricky business dealing with the site...

The DVDs are excellent.

However, service isn't so excellent. Good luck.
    -Tim

Comment

Do you have to pay with a check or can you use a credit card like normal human beings?

Comment

It's Credit Cards, through PayPal. But it took a longer time than most other sites for it to appear on my statement, so I forgot and it came up later than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post

However, service isn't so excellent.
          Yes indeed, it took weeks for them to send my order!

Comment

I love their videos! I own four myself. You learn a lot from them! But, they took a long time to get to me. At least the first two did, I'm unsure on the last two. I urge you to buy one =D

Comment

I have several of their DVD's. My favorites are:

Carousel of Progress
              Pirates
              Haunted Mansion
              The Monorail story

and I have several others...many of their other DVD's aren't done as well as the ones that I've mentioning above. If they were all done as well as the ones above then I would buy them all. Some are being updated because they didn't have the best video to use or didn't have the "in" with several of the people who helped to create our favorite attractions.

They have now interviewed people like Blaine Gibson, Alice Davis, Rolly Crump, Bob Gurr, Roy Disney, and several other key people who either had something to do with these attractions.

Be careful not to prepay for any of their future DVD's. I paid for a series on Rod Miller back in September and they still aren't finished. I'm not thrilled at all about that issue.

I would say, as a general rule, that if the DVD's are just now coming out then they are done with very high quality. They have made remarkable improvements over the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                Hey, at least you got all of them! I ordered several a couple years ago -- never received all of them, every time I would complain, after a week or two, I would receive a reply. They would send me more DVDs. Duplicates of ones from the order. I slowly got *most* of them, but I never did receive a few of them.

Oh, and from what I hear from an insider, don't buy into the crap about it being for a charity. No charity actually sees the money.

Hopefully he's changed his ways in the last couple of years. Doubtful -- troubles with him have lasted through at least a couple of name changes.
                -Tim

Comment

Originally posted by Nautilus View Post

It took them months for mine. The videos are okay.

Comment

The main one that I was wanting was the Tiki Room 4 pack. I was going to pre-order it to get the good price, but its starting to sound like I shouldn't. Me and my aunt absolutly love the Tiki Room. Almost $40 off the set is really tempting but if I never get the DVD's then maybe I shouldn't. I just don't know what to do?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X