Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to the Outpost!

Have an event that you'd like to promote? Selling an item on Ebay? Looking for sponsors for a charity event? Want to sell your prized Disney collectibles? The Outpost is the only area on MiceChat where you may post about or promote these items.
See more
See less

PC Haunted Mansion Coming Soon?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC Haunted Mansion Coming Soon?

Forget about "Grim Grinning Ghosts." Get ready for "Prim, we-don't-mean-to-offend-anyone Ghosts."

That's the word coming out of Glendale these days. Reportedly in response to guest complaints about goofy but ghoulish lines like "Drag your wretched bodies to the dead center of the room," the Imagineers will soon be revamping the script for the Haunted Mansion. Deliberately changing lines that Disney cast members on both coasts have said for almost 40 years now in favor of less objectional material.

"Why make this change now?," you ask. Truth be told, those macabre remarks that all of those "butlers" and "maids" have made to Disneyland & Walt Disney World guests over the years were never actually scripted. They were just ad-lib lines that got laughs that -- over time -- then became the pro forma dialogue used in the Foyer and the Portrait Gallery.

Well, that's all about to change. According to my sources at WDI, in order to prevent squeamish guests from being offended by semi-improv-ed remarks like "Please follow the blood red carpet into the Foyer," the Imagineers have now written an official script for the Mansion's entrance area. What's more, the cast members who work at both the Anaheim & Orlando versions of this attraction will soon supposedly be asked to attend acting classes. Where they will then be taught the official staging & blocking for this new script.

Rest of article HERE
    If this is true... god help us.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

Re: PC Haunted Mansion Coming Soon?

NOOOOO!!!! Lets just suck all of the life (or lack of life) out of the Mansion!!! Let them ad-lib!! Let them keep the magic that they create for the visitors!! If Haunted Mansion offends you, then go ride something else!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Hitchhiking is very dangerous. We should Beware of Taxi Cab Hailing Ghosts!

Comment

The bride is going to offer to cut you a piece of cake, which will magically appear in front of her.

Comment

Oh man, they better leave the HM alone. Like you said penguinsoda, go ride something else. It's a Haunted Mansion for cryin' out loud. If you're that squeamish don't ride it!!!

Comment

Wow.... nothing positive to say about that, just Wow.
            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I have never been offended by the unscript, and I can't really see why anyone would be, but I have noticed that some of the CM's when in character don't pull off the act so well. If a little acting training can enhance the abilities of the CM's I see no harm in that. The official script if it is a PC script meant to insure that no one is offended then it will be a loss. Perhaps some middle management type with nothing better to do has invented some sort of crisis like, "The HM CMs are starting to act like WFJC skippers, we must stop them!"
              Originally posted by SummerInFL
              Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
              Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

I dunno..the same old Gallery loading script lines were getting tiresome--there was little or no variation from this 'adopted' script, so why not a change? I also like the fact that Disney cares enough about presentation to want to school the HM CMs properly in the delivery of the 'new' script.

I would prefer Disney allow some latitude for ad-lib on the CMs speil, but I can't see that happening, realistically.

Comment

No one is going to shoot arrows at the source, JHM?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                    No one is going to shoot arrows at the source, JHM?
                    I thought the skepticism, by now, would be automatically implied.

Comment

It's just not MiceChat without it.

Comment

Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                        Perhaps some middle management type with nothing better to do has invented some sort of crisis like, "The HM CMs are starting to act like WFJC skippers, we must stop them!"
                        Hey I used to resemble that remark... meant a Skip was actually doing their job!

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                        I also like the fact that Disney cares enough about presentation to want to school the HM CMs properly in the delivery of the 'new' script.
                        Because not everyone can be a J.C. Skip!
                        Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                        I would prefer Disney allow some latitude for ad-lib on the CMs speil, but I can't see that happening, realistically.
                        Disney has a lot of latitude provided one of the blue cards, your lead, or some pissed off Guest doesn't hear it and write it down. I say pissed off, but at times a compliment can be just as problematic... won't go into details but a LOT of Skips were busted for compliments about "new and refreshing material".
                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

:verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad::very mad::verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad:: verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad::verym ad::verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad::verymad::v erymad::verymad::verymad:
                          This is absolutely ridiculous. Whoever came up with this idea of "not offending anyone" should be fired immediately. The Haunted Mansion isn't suppose to be politically correct, it is a Haunted Mansion, it's got dead people in it. They are sucking all the soul out of the parks, by making everything so squeaky clean, that the Mickey Mouse Club would puke. I am completely against this change, I can't believe anyone would be stupid enough to complain about the Haunted Mansion being offensive.

Comment

That is horrible! It's a freaking haunted mansion, you expect flowers and kittens?

Comment

Next thing you knwo, Great Caesar's Ghost will have to be replaced because some Romans will find his presence repulsive to their heritage or some other poo.

BOO!
                              Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X