Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old were you when you had your first cup of coffee?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How old were you when you had your first cup of coffee?

Hi,

This thread is more for coffee lovers. Just a curious question. How old were you when you had your first cup of coffee ever?

Most people think you have to be older to drink coffee. Some kindly let others give it a try when it is asked by someone younger.
    Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Re: How old were you when you had your first cup of coffee?

I think I was in junior high school. It was Taster's Choice instant decaffeinated coffee with a lot of cream and sugar in it and I actually thought it tasted good.

Comment

I remember having sips of my dad's coffee when I was little. I don't think I developed my caffeine habit until I was about 14. And then I fell in love with espresso. Lots of it.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

My grandma used to let me sip her coffee when I was about3 or 4. But I have my own for the first time when I was 13. My mom said I fell to peer pressure and forbade me from drinking it....Oh! I also got grounded...

Comment

I was 10 years old. Lots of cream, lots of sugar, exactly as my sister took hers. I still enjoy my coffee everyday. As a friend of mine put it recently, coffee is "the elixir of the gods."

Comment

My grandma would give it to me once in while when I was little. Of course it was more cream and sugar than coffee.
            Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

I was a 6th grader in Orange County and the 6th grade class was on a very special field trip to Sacramento to visit the state capitol. We had borded a charted Air California flight leaving LAX and the plane was full with 6th graders and their chaperones. I remember sitting next to the window, with Mr. Turner who was my teacher next to me and a chaperone next to him. I remember being happy about this because I wanted to enjoy the flight rather than having to put up with my. friends who all they wanted to do as 6th graders was jump around and be all obnoxious.

The stewardesses started to serve snacks and my fellow students all got juice and milk, and when she asked me I told her, "I'll have a coffee.". I don't know why but for some weire reason coffee really sounded good. My teacher and the caperone gave me the strangest look but for some reason didn't say anything. I took the coffee black, took a sip, and thought this is the most digusting thing I could ever drink! But I drunk it all for some reason -- probably my upbringing -- but very slowly. It easily lasted the entire hour-long flight.

I didn't really drink coffee after that until college, when I really needed it. And coffee houses started becoming popular then too so they offered good coffee rather than the garbage given out on airplanes!

Comment

I was about 14 and would drink my dad's extremely weak coffee.
                sigpic

Comment

I was in my young teens (13) I think. I went to Washington to visit some family and a girl from my school told me I had to try Starbucks Coffee. She had just moved to my town from Seattle and told me about a great coffee place that her and her parents used to go to back home. I never made it to Seattle but I did get my first cup from a little hole in the wall place called Crystals Coffee shop. I don't remember if it was any good or not.
                  Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
                  Golly, what a day

Comment

I was 6 or 7, mixed coffee with powdered chocolate.
                    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I believe I was 18 and my first coffee was a starbucks drink. I never really cared to try it before then.
                      Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I don't remember exactly. Somewhere between 11 and 15.

That being said, I got my first taste of beer when I was a baby. Blame my grandfather for that one! :lol:

Comment

I think I was 7.....I actually remember this very clearly too.....I was sitting at my Grandma Teresa's kitchen table...and they made me a little cup of coffee with cream and lots and lots of sugar....and once done, i wanted more but my DAd said 'No more until you're 18." Course, I started drinking it as a staple in my day when I was 16.....

Comment

Originally posted by wickedwitch76 View Post
                            I was 10 years old. Lots of cream, lots of sugar, exactly as my sister took hers. I still enjoy my coffee everyday. As a friend of mine put it recently, coffee is "the elixir of the gods."
                            Could not agree more!

My first experience was similar. Started drinking it regularly at probably 17. I used to drink "just anything" but now Kathleen has turned me into a coffee snob of sorts.

I have a wooden pencil and misc. holder on a ledge above my computer. A woman is holding a steaming "cuppa Joe" and saying "Coffee! You can sleep when you're dead!":bow:

-- Barry
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I had friends who drank coffee in high school, but I didn't need it until my freshman year in college when I had a 7am class. Then it came in handy.

I recently switched to decaf and find that I have more energy and don't get tired around 3pm like I use to. I also sleep better now since I don't have the caffeine in my system.

I still love the taste of coffee. I use a hazelnut creamer, very sweet. I guess I am one of those people who cannot tell the taste difference between caff and decaf.

I own a print of this and it is hanging in our kitchen.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X