• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kuzcochik
    The Yodelin' Cowgirl
    • Jul 2005

So Not the Drama.. A Kuzcochik Comic Con Trip Report

Hey all, okkay so I know I'm a little late w/ this report but collecting pictures from like 15 different people was difficult and then trying to compile and resize and all that on top of being physically drained was no easy task!

I'll stop complaing! So here is a compliation of my trip to the World Famous San Diego Comic Con this year.
    God, it was such a great time. I hung out with good friends, met new friends, got to see crazy things, to geek out with little fear of repercussion, and just ah! It was great. Anyway, on to the pics.

We start with Thursday because even though I was present for preview night I took no pictures. I bought a Con Exclusive Indiana Jones box for Darkwing Chuck and myself and got a pair of blue fairy wings from Disney.

Thursday morning our first order of the day was to get ourselves some huge WB bags and a pic of the inside of the Watchmen ship

Then we had to hit up the Freaks, Geeks & Tiny Toons panel!! A panel w/ the writers and producers of Freakazoid & Tiny Toons!! Awesome!

Paul Rugg (a writer and the voice of Freakazoid)

The rest of the panel (Left to Right: Bruce Timm, Sherri Stoner, Rich Arons, Andrea Romano, John McCann, Paul Dini & Jean MacCurdy)

Bruce Timm (Animator on Freakazoid who's also worked on like every incarnation of animated Batman)

Sherri Stoner (A Writer for Tiny Toons & Animaniacs who was also the voice of Slappy Squirrel and for you Disney fans [not sure I'll find any of those on micechat :P] she was the live action model for Ariel in the Little Mermaid)

Andrea Romano (The Casting director for like every animated series known to man)

More Paul Rugg.. he's absolutely hilarious

More Sherri Stoner

After a fantastic panel we hurried downstairs to jump in line for the panel signing at the WB booth. Many things happened in this line... I ran into Little Cricket, I talked to the guy in front of me who apparently worked on the Animaniacs comic book (and was super nice) and my friend Amanda and I got pulled out of line by Sexy Jesus men who were promoting Hamlet 2 :P (The pics also good cause you can see the Freakazoid shirt I made)

Amanda meeting Paul Dini and having him sign her Batman the Animated Series DVDs

This was us in the right hand corner on the big WB screen

Everyone at the signing was really awesome. John McCann kept gushing over my shirt and thought it was awesome that I had made it myself. Then we talked to Sherri Stoner a bit and I told her she's my idol and I want to be her when I grow up. She was super sweet about it (me rambling like a fool) and told me that she gave me permission to be her

We also talked to Andrea Romano a bit and told her when we had seen her quickly before the panel we realized we were probably the only crazy people that got excited over seeing casting directors.

After the signing, we had a ton of time to kill so I changed into the rest of my costume and we hit the convention floor

Amanda and I showing off the restroom sign... for unknown reasons

Darkwing Chuck w/ the Ghost Busters... these guys faces were priceless

The Jones's

Ghost Buster Girls at DC

Some really cool Wall*E prints I wish I had money to decorate my house with

And the poster for the next installment of the Family Guy Star Wars Saga (I can't wait... plus the title's fantastic)

Chewbacca (he did not look like a happy man... like anytime I saw him... even when he was on a lunch break)

The Darkwing Duck statue at Sideshow Collectibles that will be mine!! (One of the guys at the booth said that Tad Stones had been by and seen it and thought it was great... I wanted it even more after that)

A bunch of cool Buffy statues

Me with Iron Man...

Vader knows how to party Chibi style

R2-D2

Hell boy arsenal

Awesome Rouge statue

Angel puppet! (I want!)

A Cylon

The Flux-Capacitor that would later belong to Darkwing Chuck

We randomly found this artist named Laurie B who did these wonderful drawings, a lot of them Disney and other fan art-y type things and my friend Rachel had to get one of her books. She drew a really cute Harely Quinn inside the cover

Jabba the Hut and not so slave Kim Possible

For those Heroes fans, here's some Hero's props inside the NBC booth

HRG

Halloweentown! The thing I most want in the world (actually I'd rather have the curly hill. I just need 6,700 more dollars)

Me bring random and weird

And Attacking Amanda

Later we decided to go to the Spotlight on Floyd Norman Panel.

Floyd was facinating to listen to. he talked about his time in comics and working for Disney and working for PIXAR

He also received an award (I believe it was the Ink Pot award or something of the sort) during the panel

The Disney Geek in me had much fun!

Outside we ran into Rouge and Superman

And I tried to steal He-Man's sword even though it said not to touch

A very realistic Jack Sparrow figure

And Indiana Jones

We cut the night short because there wasn't anything else we wanted to do and we were tired and hungry so it was off to the trolley
    Darkwing Chuck and Rachel on the Trolley

My brother w/ the Fedora Darkwing Chuck won and the back of his friend Zach's head

The closest we ever got to the Mummy statues... they were really cool though

Bored and waiting for our transfer Trolley

Dawwh

Really... i don't know what they're doing... as I said several times over the course of this trip "I need to stop hanging out with boys"

Dancing on the trolley and annoying everyone around us

I look drunk

And I shall leave you with Rachel sitting on the floor mad at the world because she had fallen like 8 times when the trolley took off :P

All right! So that's it for Thursday. I'll have Friday coming at you soon!

• Coheteboy
    Starcruiser.. crash crash
    MiceChat Moderator
    • Sep 2005

Re: So Not the Drama.. A Kuzcochik Comic Con Trip Report

Cool start so far! I wanted to go to that Floyd Norman panel but I ended up missing just about everything I set out to see!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• Darkwing Chuck
      Time Travel Volunteer
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post
      Really... i don't know what they're doing... as I said several times over the course of this trip "I need to stop hanging out with boys"

Ok, so I know it looks like like I'm reluctantly humping his leg, but in reality I'm pretty sure that I'm slow-mo kicking him in the groin.
      "Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest."

-Mark Twain

Comment

• Aladdin
        Prince Ali
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Darkwing Chuck View Post
        Ok, so I know it looks like like I'm reluctantly humping his leg, but in reality I'm pretty sure that I'm slow-mo kicking him in the groin.
        really, it looks like you're getting in to

Nevermind

Wow! It looks like the comic con might have some things that actually interest me. Sure, Coheteboy had great coverage, but you hit a couple other Disney things, oh and the WB area too!

(you're a Freakazoid Fan, too?!) Did they have any early releases of the dvd so they could sign it for you? And yeah, I really like Animaniacs, too.
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

• Melonballer
          Shablagoo!
          • May 2005

Great report. I look forward ot the rest. And Trust me, I would get excited about meeting Andrea Romano too.

Comment

• Dan - Tasmic!
            Banned User
            • Jun 2006

Awesome. Wish I was there, seems fun!

Comment

• knittingknerd
              It's knittingknurse now.
              MiceChat Round-Up Crew
              • Jul 2006

Did Sexy Jesuses (Jesi? What's the plural of Jesus?) rock you?

You got a picture with the same Rogue and Superman Cohot got! Small nerdy world! Nice TR!

Comment

• WheresMickey
                Looking for Hidden Mickey
                • May 2008

Great report so far! Can't wait to see more.
                Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey

Comment

• jane2073
                  She was sweet as a peach
                  • Mar 2006

Now that's comedy!
                  I love Slappy Squirrel!!

Great costume!!

Comment

• pratt55
                    Arizona's own
                    MiceChat Moderator
                    • Mar 2006

Sometimes I really worry about you kid... your true dorkiness seems to shine at Comic-con. I am glad you were with good friends having tons of good fun. I hope you told Jesuses that you have a very protective evil queen in Arizona watching out for you. Can't wait to see what else you were up to last weekend (I think).
                    sigpic

Comment

• Stitchy
                      Disappearing/Reappearing
                      • Jun 2006

VERY cool!!!! Love the pictures!

Comment

• aashee
                        Skeevy Ray Vaughan
                        • Aug 2006

Great report as always KC. Just as fun as your Disneyland Trip Reports!

Comment

• PEZZ Lightyear
                          PEZZ in the Fez
                          • Aug 2006

Excellent job!
                          How much do we have to pay to get MiceChat Old?
                          :monkey: :monkey:

Comment

• scrappydawg
                            MiceChatter
                            • Jul 2007

Great trip report! Can't wait to see more...

I also like your costume. You should definitely be a face character at Disneyland. You'd make a perfect Ariel.

Comment

• Coheteboy
                              Starcruiser.. crash crash
                              MiceChat Moderator
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                              Wow! It looks like the comic con might have some things that actually interest me. Sure, Coheteboy had great coverage, but you hit a couple other Disney things, oh and the WB area too!
                              And that's what's great about several comic-con reports because there really IS too much to do! And the people you see, the autographs you get... all a completely different experience from another's.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

• IzzyInWonderland
                                Mrs. J. Depp
                                • Mar 2008

I love your pics! My favorites are R2-D2 and of course Jack Sparrow! Great report. Your costume is too cute!!

Facebook me!
                                Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

• aimster
                                  Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

OMG I want that puppet Angel!

"I'm made out of felt... and my nose comes off."

:lmao:

Comment

• royaldisneyfan
                                    KC to DL= 1,640 miles
                                    • Jun 2007

Freakin Awesome KC! Can't wait for some more!
                                    sigpic
                                    Home away from Home.

Comment

• Kuzcochik
                                      The Yodelin' Cowgirl
                                      • Jul 2005

Aladdin: Of course I love Freakazoid! I have good taste in cartoons I wish I'd had the DVD's early!! As it is I bought them the second they came out Tuesday and have been watching them ever since. I love my old school Kids WB

knittingknerd: Sexy jesi (I like that one) didn't rock us so much, but when they took us back to the line they said "We deliver you"

Coheteboy: You put it best... there's so much to see that I don't think one person could possibly cover it all. That's why I keep looking for TRs & pics from the Con, to catch everything I missed.

Friday doesn't have nearly as many pics (there's like a million for Saturday to make up for it ) cause we were in panels most of the day

First we ran into Dr. Henry Killinger and one of the Monarch's henchmen from Venture Brothers

Then we arrived at our destination, the panel.
                                      Before that we sat through the Marvel: Your Universe panel w/ the heads of Marvel comic including the President of Marvel Joe Quesada (that one was pretty cool too... no pics though)

Here's the panel (from left to right: Tom Kane, Keith Ferguson, Tom Kenny, Cathy Cavadini, Tara Strong, E.G. Daly, Craig McCracken and Lauren Faust)

Craig McCracken: The Creator of both Powerpuff Girls & Fosters

Tom Kenny: The voice of the Mayor of Townsville & The Narrator (also the voice of Spongebob and like countless other Toons)

Tom Kane: The Voice of Professor Utonium, HIM & Mr. Herriman (also a ton of other voices including the VO of the Wall*E trailer)

Cathy Cavalini, Tara Strong & E.G. Daly: The Powerpuff Girls themselves (they were adorable and kept acting like their characters)

We cut the panel short and took off to meet up w/ Darkwing Chuck who was holding our place in line for the Joss Whedon panel.
                                      While waiting we took in the Stargate Atlantis panel.

Considering I knew very little of the series besides that there's a Stargate.... it was really entertaining

Jewel Staite (You might know her from Firefly/Serenity.. or for you old school hardcore Disney channel nerds you might remember a show called Flash Forward)

Then it was time for the Joss panel.... here is the man himself making the introductions

The writers of Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog (Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tanchareon & Zach Whedon)

The stars of Dr. Horrible: Simon Helberg, Felicia Day, Neil Patrick Harris & Nathan Fillion

My fave pic of them all: NPH & Nathan Fillion being themselves.

Probably one of my fave panels, absolutely hilarious! (I have videos I have to upload to Youtube soon)

After the panel we re-grouped and chilled out for a while. We finally ate lunch and got caffine. While sitting around Darwyn Cooke (A writer for DC) walked by us. We all told my brother he should ask him for a hug since he's one of his heroes but he left just as we convinced Dan to do it. Two seconds later he walked back into the building I called out "Excuse me, can my brother give you a hug" He looked at me funny for a second then shrugged and hugged Dan. Sadly there is no photographic evidence but it was hilarious.

In the mean time we saw Marty McFly & Indiana Jones getting cookies at Mrs. Fields... Darkwing chuck was confused

Here they are enjoying their cookies

And DC posing w/ them

A really cool Poison Ivy as she made her way up the escalator (she was Arkham Ivy )

Back inside the exhibit hall, DC bought his Flux Capacitor

He and Rachel showed it off

And there were sand people about

I want this Hellboy B.P.R.D. ring!

At one of the booths they were spinning a wheel and not giving away prizes. Instead they were doing strange things like the "Awkward Moment" I caught here

Tons of Kingdom Hearts Stuff at Square Enix
                                      Some Keyblades

Sora, Kairi & Roxas statues

Smaller figures w/ Alice, Peter Pan & others

Amanda & I with a fairly good Captain Jack. He asked me if anyone had called me Scarlett... I told him no, but I heard everyone wants the red head

And we will end w/ one of the coolest costumes I saw. Princess Kida from Atlantis!

All right, Saturday coming at you soon

Comment

• Disney1978
                                        Do You know?
                                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Kuzcochik View Post

Back inside the exhibit hall, DC bought his Flux Capacitor
                                        DC, you just earned my respect! :bow: Awesomeness!

Great TR! It looks like you had a great time. Way to go on getting the pic of NPH. He is so cute.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X