Jobs you don't want, but need to be done...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rex Dopey24
    Goofy
    • Jul 2006

Re: Jobs you don't want, but need to be done...

[quote=knittingknerd;30719
    Job I couldn't do at the hospital: being the nurse in face surgery. Can't do that...[/quote]

Thats a job that im willing to do especially during the surgerys because it is very interesting and educational at the same time.

Comment

• knittingknerd
      It's knittingknurse now.
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
      Thats a job that im willing to do especially during the surgerys because it is very interesting and educational at the same time.
      Dude! Go into nursing! I've told you that before! If you can handle the face stuff... go! I can handle all the tummy stuff and kidneys are awesome (they are my favorite organ/system), which is apparently "icky" for some people, but face surgeries are the ones that creep out even the hardcore nurses. So if you like it... go into it! I got my surg-short stay rotation as a CNA Thursday, so much fun!

Comment

• Rapunzel
        Sock Puppet
        • Apr 2006

Whatever they call the art of analyzing stools.

No thank you.

Comment

• krystledm
          MiceChatter
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
          You know what's weird: I have no problem with that. Like there are certain jobs I'm okay with doing and I'd be fine with that. Because think about it so what you're handling... spermatoza (fancy word), you're essentially making 2 parents (or when I go to one of those places 1 parent) really happy. I think that'd be a cool job.

Another job that seems weird but as a CNA I have no issue with: when you get bowel surgery everything has to be clear and it's someone's job to give the patient Golytely and a bedside commode or clear them out another way. I have no issue with that. It's fun.

Job I couldn't do at the hospital: being the nurse in face surgery. Can't do that...

I wouldn't be able to be a nurse. I thought about it, but some bodily functions aren't my favorite.

STORY

some of you know my mom was in the hospital last week. Well she had a roommate, an awful roommate, a complaining, demanding, demeaning roommate. And this roommate was made worse by her condition. She was getting a colonoscopy done. naturally they have to clear the way before hand. as a result this woman was given what sounded like half a gallon of laxatives. She REFUSED to get up and walk to the bathroom, she wanted a commode brought to her. So mom and i are sitting and talking not thinking anything of it, them, BOOM...i won't go into detail, but it was everything i could do to abandon ship without throwing up or laughing my butt off. Mom followed me a minute later in the same state. We commenced to walk as far away as the nurses let her and didn't come back for 2 hours. the room STILL reeked. Even the nurses were holding their breath, one brought air freshener an was walking down the hall, pressing the button in short spurts, he walked into our room doing this still in little presses, made a disgusted face and started holding the button down, came out looked and mom and me and said, "wow..."

She did this 4 times.....

This has solidified in my mind i would never survive as a nurse.

Comment

• knittingknerd
            It's knittingknurse now.
            MiceChat Round-Up Crew
            • Jul 2006

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
            I wouldn't be able to be a nurse. I thought about it, but some bodily functions aren't my favorite.

STORY

some of you know my mom was in the hospital last week. Well she had a roommate, an awful roommate, a complaining, demanding, demeaning roommate. And this roommate was made worse by her condition. She was getting a colonoscopy done. naturally they have to clear the way before hand. as a result this woman was given what sounded like half a gallon of laxatives. She REFUSED to get up and walk to the bathroom, she wanted a commode brought to her. So mom and i are sitting and talking not thinking anything of it, them, BOOM...i won't go into detail, but it was everything i could do to abandon ship without throwing up or laughing my butt off. Mom followed me a minute later in the same state. We commenced to walk as far away as the nurses let her and didn't come back for 2 hours. the room STILL reeked. Even the nurses were holding their breath, one brought air freshener an was walking down the hall, pressing the button in short spurts, he walked into our room doing this still in little presses, made a disgusted face and started holding the button down, came out looked and mom and me and said, "wow..."

She did this 4 times.....

This has solidified in my mind i would never survive as a nurse.
            LOL! :lol: She wouldn't have had laxatives though. It was probably "golytely" which is this electrolyte mixture in a 2 gallon jug mixed with water that she had to drink in 2 hours. Plus side she could have been in the bed next to your mom with the "enemas til clear" order... that's a fun one. But seriously once you see something enough, it becomes routine. Doesn't faze you... Trust me. How is your mom? Is she good?

Comment

• krystledm
              MiceChatter
              • Mar 2006

LOL! :lol: She wouldn't have had laxatives though. It was probably "golytely" which is this electrolyte mixture in a 2 gallon jug mixed with water that she had to drink in 2 hours. Plus side she could have been in the bed next to your mom with the "enemas til clear" order... that's a fun one. But seriously once you see something enough, it becomes routine. Doesn't faze you... Trust me. How is your mom? Is she good?

she had he gallbladder removed yesterday ad as for the other the doc said he couldn't see anything so he wants to cut her open...

right now she is laying in bed hopped up on Vicoden(sp?) so she's gooooooood

Comment

• knittingknerd
                It's knittingknurse now.
                MiceChat Round-Up Crew
                • Jul 2006

Originally posted by krystledm View Post
                she had he gallbladder removed yesterday ad as for the other the doc said he couldn't see anything so he wants to cut her open...

right now she is laying in bed hopped up on Vicoden(sp?) so she's gooooooood
                I just re-learned about the gall bladder. She may have to change her diet. The bile is just dripping now, compared to being secreted and regulated. Is she liking the meds? Glad she's feeling good.

On topic: I couldn't be a vet.

Comment

• krystledm
                  MiceChatter
                  • Mar 2006

I just re-learned about the gall bladder. She may have to change her diet. The bile is just dripping now, compared to being secreted and regulated. Is she liking the meds?

On topic: I couldn't be a vet.

the worst pain she's had was due to my idoit dog who wanted to see hr. Joise jumpped on her lap today and she has 4 incisions...poor mom.

Comment

• Hakuna Makarla
                    Banned User
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                    What are some jobs that you don't want to have a career in, but need to be done?

The number one job I don't want to have as a career is that of a Coroner. They deserve respect in my opinion because of everything they have to deal with in regards to the deceased and breaking the news to their loved ones.

I don't know how they can do their job everyday. I honestly don't. But I guess after having years of experience, they probably mentally develop a way of distracting them emotionally from the issue.

Another job I don't want to have a career in is that of a plumber. 'Nuff said.
                    I know a guy who is a corner, He was my boss for 3 years 18 years ago. then he went to corners school he says he would and could do no other job. now thats a job I would not want. But I see him from time to time and he says it was his calling. yikes.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X