X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess what I did today!

I walked to lunch!

Yeah, as in left the office on foot, and walked a few blocks to the sandwich place, then back a few blocks (slightly uphill but not steep) to the office.

I was having a conversation with someone last week about gas prices and my commute, etc, and in the course of conversation, the suggestion came up about walking to lunch so I didn't waste gas on it. Well, combine that argument with the fact that I need exercise anyway, and there ya have it!

My line of thinking is if I do this even just a couple times a week it'll add up, both in gas savings and exercise.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: Guess what I did today!

Good for you!!! Since you did it, I think I will starting tomorrow! Instead of driving my kids to school 5 blocks away I will walk them, thank you morrigoon!!!

Comment

you didn't even give me a chance to guess...you gave the answer away...jerk.
      What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla
        Good for you!!! Since you did it, I think I will starting tomorrow! Instead of driving my kids to school 5 blocks away I will walk them, thank you morrigoon!!!
        I have been walking mine too, it's about 15 minutes give or take a few. The morning is cake, surprisingly, but afternoon's aren't fun! My little one tells me "I don't like walking home it's HOT" Welcome to Bakersfield )

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

That's really great! Every little bit deffinitely helps. I only wish I lived in an area where it was possible to get around more easily on foot. That's my favorite thing about places like NYC is being able to walk just about anywhere I'm trying to get to. Unfortunately just about the only thing in walking distance for me is the park where I occasionally take the dog, everything else is a bit out of range.

Comment

The only options available that are within walking distance are the cafeteria and the bookstore. Not always the best food. If I want something different, I bring my lunch or drive to get take out.
            Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
            I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I walk to work everyday. Of course, I work at home.... Does that still count?
              Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

I walked to my car.
                What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

I started walking to work today - 2 miles each way - figure its good for my pocketbook and my figure!

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon
                    I walked to lunch!

Well smack my a$$ and call me Judy!!

Comment

We're definitely walking to and from school this year. I figure if we start on the first day of school tomorrow, it will become somewhat of a routine. It's about five (long) blocks downhill. The sucky part will be the extremely steep walk back uphill.

But I pass a Starbucks and two other espresso places......so that works for me.

Unfortunately, I have to drive my daughter to preschool four afternoons a week. We tried the walk once or twice last year (it's five blocks in the other direction), but it's just not safe (steep, narrow curvy streets with no sidewalk, barely a bike lane).

We walk a lot--we have this awesome compact little shopping district in our neighborhood with everything we need--good restaurants, bakery, Wild Oats, Starbucks, Noah's, laundry, boutiques, ice cream, neighborhood pool. The only place we found we can't walk to is our library, since we're in the habit of checking out 50+ things at a time. :lol: We learned the hard way. It only took once though.

Comment

Good for you!

Comment

Originally posted by Olympicnut
                          Well smack my a$$ and call me Judy!!
                          Ok Judy, but this is gonna hurt..... SMACK!!! There ya go.

Good for you Morrigoon! When it starts getting below 95-100 here in the mornings I will go back to walking or riding my bike where I can. I think it's great to have the fresh air and time to think!

Comment

Yeah, it was only just barely cool enough for me to do it today. I think as the weather cools off though I'll be able to do it more. It started out as a way to save (a tiny amount of) gas, but there are so many other benefits. My hip hasn't hurt all day, for example (this has been a problem of late, and I think it's related to sitting all day).

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Around here it gets below zero by November and december. I think me will ride in the car, but until them I am doing my part

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X