• Show
Clear All
  • Morrigoon
    insufferable know-it-all
    • Jan 2005

Whoa, just whoa.

Eleven kids found in cages in home-
    Couple denies abusing or neglecting children

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Hakuna Makarla
    Banned User
    • Aug 2005

Re: Whoa, just whoa.

Can you believe it!! I am so livid I want to scream!! putting handicapped children in cages to sleep and to go when not behaving. wow I am so mad I want to scream!! I pray they get exactly what they gave. a big time jail sentence!!! Behind a cage!!!

Comment

• LuvsLilo
      So fetch
      • Sep 2005

That is absolutely horrible! I hope that couple is punished to the full extent of the law.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
        MiceChatter
        • Aug 2005

Ew!! Just the title of that makes me not want to read about it!!

I honestly do not understand some of the things people in this world do!

Comment

• dsnylndmom
          loves a silver lining
          • Jan 2005

I"m disgusted and speechless

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• MTNGIRL
            It's SisterP Time!
            • Aug 2005

At least on the news report I saw, the "keepers" were said to have done this on the advice of a psychiatrist. Heaven help the if they name somebody. One of two things could happen: 1)It could be true (god forbid) or 2) these folks could get slapped with a libel suit.
            This is just unbelievable - what happened to home visits for foster kids?

Comment

• lafantasma
              MiceChatter
              • Aug 2005

Here in Vegas we have some people awaiting trial because the woman's two year old girl starved to death. She had several children, one of them younger, and he had to be hospitalized for 8 days due to being severely delayed and failure to thrive. The conditions described in the arrest warrant were despicable. How can people do this to their children?!?!? I don't get it. It's disgusting, and I hope they get exactly what they gave, maybe worse, to these poor children who were dependent on them to protect them.

Comment

• Hakuna Makarla
                Banned User
                • Aug 2005

I have a autistic boy, I am so sad that a human would treat another human this way it makes me cry. I was crying after reading this and I will be praying all thru this that the children will find a home where truly they are loved and cherished as only a loving kind family can give. The sick part is that the y should never have been left to do this. Being foster parents these people should have had people in and out of there homes checking on the home, the children and all aspects of there lives. they had 11 children, to me this is a red flag.
                Ok I am not going to rant on!
                My prayer is
                God I pray you bless these children and give them homes where they will grow and be nourished and thrive!!!. I also pray you uncover any home like this where children are in dire need of saving. Lord we entrust these people to care for the children, please Lord let nothing be hidden that shall not be revealed in other homes where children may be suffering. I pray for those babys and children that you would give them homes where there is so much love and that they can recover from the pain these foster parents inflict apon them.in your name ..Amen

Comment

• mistyisjafo
                  Gloomy Day, probably rain
                  • Jan 2005

It is so frustrating to see things like this in the news. It sounds like Social Services completely overlooked this foster family and did not do any sort of follow up. The foster care system is extremely wrought with problems such as this mainly because Social Services doesn't have the resourses or man power to check into each and every family. It just makes a person sick to know that this could have been resolved ages ago with just one person checking in on the family!!
                  sigpic

Comment

• twinmom
                    My cuties!
                    • Apr 2005

WTF?!?!?!? That is just sick! How the heck could they be allowed to keep adopting or getting foster kids?!?!?!?!

Comment

• Bacon
                      No bacon; sausage.
                      • Jan 2005

Ah, I see my parenting book is selling.

Comment

• DMof2
                        most magical vaca ever
                        • Sep 2005

Just saw this on the news. What is wrong with these people???? The children were happy in their new home???? WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray that these children will overcome this horror.

:ot: HI KARLA!!!!
                        ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

• Churro
                          MiceChatter
                          • Jun 2005

This is sad and wrong. In my area they found a family that was literally starving their children. They had taped their daughters mouth shut and locked her in the closet! The other kids had disfuigured heads from being locked in car seats all day long! Thankfully they got to this family in time. Many cases like this end in tragedy. I hope one day there will be no headlines like these.

Comment

• Disneyphile
                            • Jan 2005

What the hell were these people thinking?!?!?!
                            [email protected]

Comment

• Modern Folly
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jan 2005

I wonder how many parents are breathing a sigh of relief that they never carried out their demented fantasy into reality. Because i'm sure many parents have thought about locking up their kids at least once. I mean I think about it many times when dealing with my little sisters!

Comment

• TinkPink
                                I used to live here.
                                • Feb 2005

After reading this I gave my little one an extra hug.
                                �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• Cuzco-topia
                                  /sigh
                                  • Jan 2005

Maybe the punishment should be for the parents to sleep in a 3x3 foot cage....for life.
                                  Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                                  Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                                  Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                                  Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                                  Marge: Pink.
                                  Homer: D'oh!
                                  Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

• TinkPink
                                    I used to live here.
                                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Modern Folly
                                    I wonder how many parents are breathing a sigh of relief that they never carried out their demented fantasy into reality. Because i'm sure many parents have thought about locking up their kids at least once. I mean I think about it many times when dealing with my little sisters!
                                    Sorry- never have. Sisters are one thing- I have two younger ones myself- but your kids are another.
                                    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

• Modern Folly
                                      MiceChatter
                                      • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Cuzco-topia
                                      Maybe the punishment should be for the parents to sleep in a 3x3 foot cage....for life.
                                      Then that would be considered "Cruel and Unusual Punishment". :blink:

Comment

• Modern Folly
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TinkPink
                                        Sorry- never have. Sisters are one thing- I have two younger ones myself- but your kids are another.
                                        Twas a joke.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X