Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

our school drama club bought the rights to beauty and the beast!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• our school drama club bought the rights to beauty and the beast!

yay... im looking forward to this years spring musical... if i can get in, we are doing beauty and the beast...

i might be able to do chip but there is a girl who has a more youthful voice then me so maybe not, might be able to do lafoe but i cant do somersaults or things that might injure my head...

what other parts are there for the small actor?

Re: our school drama club bought the rights to beauty and the beast!

Originally posted by migitmouse88
    yay... im looking forward to this years spring musical... if i can get in, we are doing beauty and the beast...

i might be able to do chip but there is a girl who has a more youthful voice then me so maybe not, might be able to do lafoe but i cant do somersaults or things that might injure my head...

We'll if you're doing Disneys version of the story you can always be chip, lumiere the candle, or Cogsworth the clock. I like Cogsworth and Lumiere.

Comment

i didnt know lumiere was supposed to be a short character?

Comment

Well any one can play him really. I mean if you have the talent your school will give you any part for any character and we would just have to use our imaginations to pretend you are taller. But given that Lumiere and Cogsworth are small in the animated film but played by adults in the broadway version...I guess anyone of any size can play them.

Comment

There are no small actors... only small roles...

(Sorry, couldn't resist twisting that old adage around..!)

Nah, seriously, enjoy looking forward to auditioning for the show this Spring. If you're curious about the show and what it's like, do a Google search on the Broadway version.

Also, pick up a copy of the cast album to familiarize yourself with the score. The show has a bit more story and several more songs than the film.

Best of luck to you... well... that is.. in a few months... when auditions are..!

Comment

Fun! I loved doing that show. I liked it so much I bought the soundtrack. The live version, not the movie version.

I love Gaston's song. I love Belle's song, Home. I love the Beast's songs.

There are many roles- you'll be great whatever part you get. Just have fun doing it. I work tech because I could never get into the acting thing but I do have fun there.

Now I need to listen to that track.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

i didnt know lumiere was supposed to be a short character?
              Believe me, it does not matter what size you are. It all depends on your talent. If you have the best talent for a character, but you are small, the people will hire you for that and see what they can do to make you taller (ie put you on stilts, of just leave you the way you are).

Basically you should not worry about your height. You should just show them all the acting talent that you have and be natural when you do the role (Do not make it seem that what you are doing and saying is scripted).

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X