X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney Romances!

Alright, I'm in THAT kind of mood. :love:

I want to hear stories of how MCers found fellow Disney fanatics and got their happily ever after! I want to hear everything (well not EVERYTHING...) including, but not limited to how you met, first Disney park trips, ultimate Disney proposals, and ultimate Disney weddings.

Get ready for the sappiest thread ever!!!
    :squeeze: Someday my prince will come...

Re: Disney Romances!

I wanted to start a thread like this awhile back but never did. Thanks for getting the ball rolling! Now lets hear those stories!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

*cracks knuckles*
      I guess I'll go first, since everyone else is too scared.
      After dating my fella for a couple months, I convinced him effectively that Disneyland was my favorite place on the planet. So we took a vacation to DLR/DCA. It was nothing short of AMAZING.

We tried to eat at the Blue Bayou, but they were booked to the hilt, so we ended up at DTD: Jazz Kitchen. The CMs @ BB gave my honey a lil slip of paper with the "DisneyDining" reservation phone number on it, so I am sure he will get it right this time. It is STILL in his wallet!!! He SAVED it! I saw it!!!!

And after our first day in the park.....I uttered 'the words'!!!! I SAID IT!!!!
      And he acted like he'd been waiting his whole life to hear it!!! We were pouring 'the phrase' like rain. It was like a dam breaking....the reservoir of loving words was finally let loose!

We are still together and *wink wink* he might propose when we are there in November, for my birthday.

He has explicitely uttered he wants to be with me forever, but I am still without a ring. I am almost positive I'll get one in November!!!!!

P.S. I share the same birthday as Mickey Mouse. If I don't get a proposal, I'm sure I'll see something awesome.
      For those of you that are curious about my wedding:
      http://www.rocknrollbride.com/2011/0...heather-tyler/

Comment

Here's my story... my husband and I met on MiceChat (his user name is yoyoflamingo). We were just friends, until he came to visit Disneyland (I was living in So Cal at the time, and he was living in NY). We were instantly attracted to each other, and spent the entire day together (w/MCers) and then into the night, just talking. We spent the rest of his trip together, and I even called in sick to work one day to haang out with him :blush:

We both happemed to have Walt Disney World trips planned for the following month - our trips overlapped by one day, so I got to spend my first day with him and it was his last day with me. I met up with him in the lobby of the Wilderness Lodge, and I was sooooo nervousabout seeing him again. But as soon as I spotted him, my heart skipped a beat, and I knew I had nothing to worry about!!

So we started a long distance, cross country relationship, luckily we were able to see each other about once a month. At the end of Dec. 2007, we met up again at Disneyland for an end of the year trip. It was there on the grounds of the Disneyland hotel that he proposed to me :love:

We had a civil service ceremony, then a big party with our MiceChat friends. We had a "real" wedding last October. We wanted a Disney wedding, but to invite the amonut of people we wanted, it would have been waaaaay too costly. Instead, we had Disney touches, like our cake topper and music.

That's my story!
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

awww, great stories so far!!

Orlando doing good
          http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
          Princess of Randomness

Comment

Awwww lb!!!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
            Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
            Originally Posted by MWalton
            :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I love NNL's story!

I don't have one, so keep going! Next?
              I want my cake back!
              sigpic

Comment

My BF isn't really a Disney fan but I love him anyway.

Comment

wow those are all very nice stories =). well I have a story to tell but so far the story between us isn't quite clear however =(

Well I met her at work. we were both co-workers. and I asked her if she would like to hang out after work. We were able to get on this Ferris Wheel. there I found out she never been to Disneyland in all her life living in california =(. So I offered to take her there. what she said next kinda got me red in the face.

She said she can't wait for her dream to come true and she said that Disneyland was the place of dreams.

I asked her what her dream was.
                  she said back to me "to be with my prince charming of course"

I still haven't taken her there, because of my stupid broken leg. =(

Comment

Originally posted by H@tB0xGh0st View Post
                    wow those are all very nice stories =). well I have a story to tell but so far the story between us isn't quite clear however =(

Well I met her at work. we were both co-workers. and I asked her if she would like to hang out after work. We were able to get on this Ferris Wheel. there I found out she never been to Disneyland in all her life living in california =(. So I offered to take her there. what she said next kinda got me red in the face.

She said she can't wait for her dream to come true and she said that Disneyland was the place of dreams.

I asked her what her dream was.
                    she said back to me "to be with my prince charming of course"

I still haven't taken her there, because of my stupid broken leg. =(
                    Sounds like a good start! Hopefully once you heal you can take her there!
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I actually proposed to my wife in Disneyland about 4 years ago. Originally I thought I propose by showing her the ring while we were at on Splash Mountain, right at the top so the camera would get a picture of the look on her face seeing the drop and the ring. Problem though… It was a cold day in December and she refused to get on the ride because she didn’t want to get wet. On to plan B.

Plan B was to do it in front of the wishing well. I know it’s overplayed, but to me it was still a romantic spot, so we made our way there. Problem… the area was down for refurbishment. On to plan C.

Plan C was to propose in front of the castle. Another site which has been overplayed, but romantic none the less. Problem... My 5 year old nephew and 4 year old niece attached themselves to us like barnacles and wouldn’t leave us alone (we were in the park with my brother and his family). On to plan D. Problem… there was no plan D.

By this time it was getting late and we were going to be meeting a few of the micechatters over at the Grand Californian for drinks after the park closed, and they knew I was proposing today. For the last ride of the night, we all decided to ride the carousel. While waiting to get on it, Liz remarks ‘ Hey wow, Dumbo. I haven’t been on that since I was a kid’, to which I said ‘ Good!! Let’s Go!!!’.

We jumped out of line and got on Dumbo. At first the cast member wasn’t going to let us ride in the same car (both Liz and I aren’t exactly smaller sized people), but after flashing the ring to her, she let us squeeze in together. We then took the Dumbo with the purple hat up to the top, and I proposed.

Liz didn’t say yes right off the bat though. She was silent for a few moments then she turned to me and said ‘Dumbo?!?!?!?! ‘ She said yes right after that though. J
                      Growing older is manditory
                      Growing up is however, optional

Comment

Not really a Romance story...but....

I spent a couple years of my young childhood in Orlando. We went almost every weekend to the MK. My husband had a rough childhood, and never went on vacation..much less to Disney.

We were stationed on the Mississippi Gulf Coast when Katrina hit. And our city was badly damaged. My parents house in Southern Louisiana was also badly damaged. So, when SeaWorld announced it's Salute to Heroes...we decided a weekend break was in order.

We drove 8 hours down to Orlando and spent one day in SeaWorld...and decided to visit the MK for one day.

It was absolutely magical. My husband had never been anywhere like this. Our daughter was just about to turn 3. We walked in, and they both just walked around in awe. Then, we turned that corner....and they saw Cinderella Castle for the first time. I am blessed enough to have a picture of their faces the min they saw it. They are both just beaming from ear to ear.

My husband now tells everyone about how wonderful Disney World is. How, the second you walk in...you turn into a kid again. It's quite comical to hear a 6 foot 1 military guy go on and on like that. But, that trip turned him into a Disney fan.

Comment

these are all such great stories!! it's good to know prince charmings exist out there!
                          :squeeze: Someday my prince will come...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X