Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

    It seems that whenever Disney does anything Micechatters just sit at their computers and complain (and yes- I know that I am a micechatter, and am not so much complaining, as I know many are going to think this is, but am asking a question: why?) Why is it that we are just never satisfied if they want to change something in the park. When they even just announce that they are going to- people rant and vent about how "it's a classic" "an icon of the park" and so on.

    "Disneyland is a thing I can keep molding and shaping. It's a three-dimensional thing to play with."

    "I just want to leave you with this thought, that it's just been sort of a dress rehearsal and we're just getting started. So if any of you start resting on your laurels, I mean just forget it, because we are just getting started."

    "Disneyland is something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing, keep plussing and adding to. It's alive. It will be a live breathing thing that will need change. A picture is a thing, once you wrap it up and turn it to technicolor you're through. Snow White is a dead issue with me. A live picture I just finished, the one I wrapped up a few weeks ago, it's gone, I can't touch it. There's things in it I don't like; I can't do anything about it. I wanted something alive, something that can grow, something I can keep plussing with ideas; the park is that. Not only can I add things, but even the trees will keep growing. The things will get more beautiful each year."

    "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world."

    All of these quotes are from Walt Disney himself. He understood things needed to change over time. Plus if they (Disney) take something out- it's usually because of low (very low) attendance. I.E.- The Country Bears. Fantastic show! Am I sad it's gone- yes. But when I went to watch it when I was little I remember the house being pretty empty. In fact my family was one of the only people in there every time we saw it. So why not put something new in it's place to try to bring people into that area of the park?

    Then there are the people who complain about trivial things like "who drinks out of the drinking fountains?" and how gross they are. And that Taste Pilot's Grill no longer serves Criss-cut fries. Were they good? Yes they were, but is it truly that important that it is going to ruin your entire day, then make you so mad that you have to go home and make a new thread about how you should call the park, and bombard City Hall with complaints about it. Think about it, it's not that important. I mean- if you really have nothing better to do with your life than to do what people say on a website about a park, then I truly feel sorry for you, and it's MCers who do these sort of things that give us all a bad name.

    A lot of Mcers wont even give things a chance. When George was annouced as being named the new President of Disneyland people were bashing him and talking about how he looks like a stiff, no personality, Pressler-like nerd. He's already done more than Ed by just walking around the parks and letting cast members see him.

    And what ever happened to the whole "Don't mention Cast Member's names on Micechat.com"? I see new threads daily that have the names of Disney Employees- both complaints and compliments. If you really liked that cast member- don't mention their name and you wont get them in trouble. That REALLY nice thing they did for you that made your day more magical- maybe they weren't supposed to do that.

    To be completely honest- I don't care if you agree with me or not. And I am aware that not all MCers are this way, but there are enough to give us all a bum rap. I just hope that at least one of these people reads this, wakes up, and tries looking at things differently, and maybe give things a try before forming an opinion about them.

  • #2
    Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

    The Internet allows everyone to bring out their Inner Hen.

    It's really just that.
    Coming on a whirlwind trip 12/4 and 12/5 just to see the holiday decorations. Hope the park isn't too full of spoiled mall-goers to enjoy!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

      I don't really go here that much so I don't know if I count, but honestly the only thing that disappoints me about DLR is that they haven't done anything to the Peoplemover tracks yet. That's not even a big deal to me as I just walk right past those tracks and go to Space Mountain or Buzz and have fun there. Honestly, I love DLR and I have no complaints.

      And did Taste Pilot's Grill ever serve criss-cut fries? I just remember the happy face ones. lol

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

        Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

          Because we are human beings and it in our nature to have various opinions... on both sides.

          Sure there are a lot of posts that are critical of various aspects of the parks. But then I think some of that can be chalked up to the nature of message boards. Its just such a good place/opportunity to have to voice those opinions. I mean, where else can you expound your ideas and have them accessed by so many other people around the world?

          And to be fair, I see a lot of positive comments and opinions about the parks too. Maybe it just seems like there is more bad because like they say... the squeaky wheel gets the grease... or in this case the attention.

          Here at MiceChat, unlike some other places, we try to welcome all sides of the issues. We encourage people to be able to voice their opinions and concerns, as well as praises of all aspects off all things Disney. Everyone has the right to have whatever opinion they want, as long as the rules are followed and personal attacks are NOT involved, the language filters are respected, and everyone plays nice and allows others to participate in discussions, respecting each other and each persons right to feel what they feel.

          And yes, frequently it seems like there is nothing but negative stuff out there, and it can get a little tiring and frustrating when all you seem to see is complaints about one thing or the other. As a moderator I cringe when I see certain threads come up because after so many years on here and seeing the same thing over and over I know where certain topics will end up (Litterbox anyone?) But for myself, maybe I'm just thick skinned, or have the ability to become more Zen or something, but I try not to let negative opinions bother me. Heck, I have negative opinions of things myself and have voiced them in the past (Disney characters in Small World? Eh... not that bad after I saw them...)




          Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


          Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

            TPG did serve the waffle fries, and they were like a delicacy compared to the "fries" they serve today.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?



              HILARIOUS!!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                Because we are human beings and it in our nature to have various opinions... on both sides.

                Sure there are a lot of posts that are critical of various aspects of the parks. But then I think some of that can be chalked up to the nature of message boards. Its just such a good place/opportunity to have to voice those opinions. I mean, where else can you expound your ideas and have them accessed by so many other people around the world?

                And to be fair, I see a lot of positive comments and opinions about the parks too. Maybe it just seems like there is more bad because like they say... the squeaky wheel gets the grease... or in this case the attention.

                Here at MiceChat, unlike some other places, we try to welcome all sides of the issues. We encourage people to be able to voice their opinions and concerns, as well as praises of all aspects off all things Disney. Everyone has the right to have whatever opinion they want, as long as the rules are followed and personal attacks are NOT involved, the language filters are respected, and everyone plays nice and allows others to participate in discussions, respecting each other and each persons right to feel what they feel.

                And yes, frequently it seems like there is nothing but negative stuff out there, and it can get a little tiring and frustrating when all you seem to see is complaints about one thing or the other. As a moderator I cringe when I see certain threads come up because after so many years on here and seeing the same thing over and over I know where certain topics will end up (Litterbox anyone?) But for myself, maybe I'm just thick skinned, or have the ability to become more Zen or something, but I try not to let negative opinions bother me. Heck, I have negative opinions of things myself and have voiced them in the past (Disney characters in Small World? Eh... not that bad after I saw them...)
                And I completely agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, but what I'm REALLY referring to is the pointless complaints that truly don't matter (i.e. waffle fries and drinking fountains) and that people wont give things a chance. And like I said- not everyone on here is that way, but a LOT are, and that's what's irritating.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                  Originally posted by dolewhipman View Post
                  And I completely agree that everyone has a right to their opinion, but what I'm REALLY referring to is the pointless complaints that truly don't matter (i.e. waffle fries and drinking fountains) and that people wont give things a chance. And like I said- not everyone on here is that way, but a LOT are, and that's what's irritating.
                  Maybe its just that some people are of the persuasion that, if you can't find anything big to gripe about... pick on the mundane and trivial... just because you can. It brings to mind the saying, some people would complain if you hung them with a new rope.

                  Or something like that.




                  Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                  Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                    hmmm, a blanket statement...great

                    I'm pleased quite often.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                      Like Walt Disney, MCer's have a an attention to detail. Walt Disney and MCer's both know that even the little things can make a difference and add up to make a unique experience. However, unlike Walt Disney, MCer's take it to the extreme in terms of quality control and theme police where it becomes over-the-top and unnecessary. The scrutinizing has gone so far that reviews and critics have more than often been done prematurely, when things are still being worked on and aren't ready for a valid evaluation. (It's also rather unfortunate to have people base their review off of crummy YouTube videos and pictures, rather than experience it in person which is what the [insert attraction/show/shop] was designed for; not for the internet crowd). I do have to admit, some stuff Disney does hasn't been up to par to what could have been done, but there's no reason that everything being done lately can be just brushed off as not good enough. It's also too bad that there seems to be a bias towards praising the old, bashing the new.

                      That's just how it is, unfortunately, you can't really please everyone. Everyone has their own opinion. Especially here.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                        Originally posted by dfan07 View Post
                        TPG did serve the waffle fries, and they were like a delicacy compared to the "fries" they serve today.
                        Don't they have these fries at Chic Fil A (Or whatever its called?)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                          Originally posted by Mr. Potato Head View Post
                          Don't they have these fries at Chic Fil A (Or whatever its called?)
                          They have them at carls jr.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                            Originally posted by Nautilus View Post
                            Like Walt Disney, MCer's have a an attention to detail. Walt Disney and MCer's both know that even the little things can make a difference and add up to make a unique experience.
                            That's all you needed to say
                            Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Why are MCers NEVER pleased?

                              Originally posted by dolewhipman View Post
                              It seems that whenever Disney does anything Micechatters just sit at their computers and complain (and yes- I know that I am a micechatter, and am not so much complaining, as I know many are going to think this is, but am asking a question: why?) Why is it that we are just never satisfied if they want to change something in the park. When they even just announce that they are going to- people rant and vent about how "it's a classic" "an icon of the park" and so on.

                              "Disneyland is a thing I can keep molding and shaping. It's a three-dimensional thing to play with."

                              "I just want to leave you with this thought, that it's just been sort of a dress rehearsal and we're just getting started. So if any of you start resting on your laurels, I mean just forget it, because we are just getting started."

                              "Disneyland is something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing, keep plussing and adding to. It's alive. It will be a live breathing thing that will need change. A picture is a thing, once you wrap it up and turn it to technicolor you're through. Snow White is a dead issue with me. A live picture I just finished, the one I wrapped up a few weeks ago, it's gone, I can't touch it. There's things in it I don't like; I can't do anything about it. I wanted something alive, something that can grow, something I can keep plussing with ideas; the park is that. Not only can I add things, but even the trees will keep growing. The things will get more beautiful each year."

                              "Disneyland will never be completed as long as there is imagination left in the world."

                              All of these quotes are from Walt Disney himself. He understood things needed to change over time. Plus if they (Disney) take something out- it's usually because of low (very low) attendance. I.E.- The Country Bears. Fantastic show! Am I sad it's gone- yes. But when I went to watch it when I was little I remember the house being pretty empty. In fact my family was one of the only people in there every time we saw it. So why not put something new in it's place to try to bring people into that area of the park?

                              Then there are the people who complain about trivial things like "who drinks out of the drinking fountains?" and how gross they are. And that Taste Pilot's Grill no longer serves Criss-cut fries. Were they good? Yes they were, but is it truly that important that it is going to ruin your entire day, then make you so mad that you have to go home and make a new thread about how you should call the park, and bombard City Hall with complaints about it. Think about it, it's not that important. I mean- if you really have nothing better to do with your life than to do what people say on a website about a park, then I truly feel sorry for you, and it's MCers who do these sort of things that give us all a bad name.

                              A lot of Mcers wont even give things a chance. When George was annouced as being named the new President of Disneyland people were bashing him and talking about how he looks like a stiff, no personality, Pressler-like nerd. He's already done more than Ed by just walking around the parks and letting cast members see him.

                              And what ever happened to the whole "Don't mention Cast Member's names on Micechat.com"? I see new threads daily that have the names of Disney Employees- both complaints and compliments. If you really liked that cast member- don't mention their name and you wont get them in trouble. That REALLY nice thing they did for you that made your day more magical- maybe they weren't supposed to do that.

                              To be completely honest- I don't care if you agree with me or not. And I am aware that not all MCers are this way, but there are enough to give us all a bum rap. I just hope that at least one of these people reads this, wakes up, and tries looking at things differently, and maybe give things a try before forming an opinion about them.
                              I totally see your point, now that I think of it. I DO hate the new fries!! I AM pissed off about Bear Country being taken out! I DO think George is a stiff! And so does cast member Bob Jones, who told me so last time I was at the park.

                              (Subtext: By focusing it, you're giving the negativity far more energy than 99% of board members; and you're actually perpetuating it, whether you intend to or not. Read the posts you like. Don't read the others. You'll be much happier.)

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X