Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Wanted to Tell You About Who I Met at Christmas Dinner!!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Wanted to Tell You About Who I Met at Christmas Dinner!!

My wife's family has a Christmas tradition of meeting at a nice hotel for Christmas Day brunch/dinner/whatever.

This year, we went to a place in Westlake that was really nice.

I'm not starstruck that much, but I met a celebrity in line yesterday that reaallly made my day.

I'm a big fan of the sitcom Everybody Loves Raymond, and when I was looking through the dessert line, I looked up, and up a bit more, and it was Brad Garrett! He happens to be my favorite on the show, and I've heard his standup, too.

I think I blurted out that I thought he was the best actor in one of the great comic ensembles in TV history.

He smiled very nicely, and said something about having wonderful writers, and introduced me to his son! He was very nice, and had a great attitude about the whole thing (afterward people came up to him for pictures, which he posed for - I didn't have my camera, and would like to think that I wouldn't have wanted to impose on the man's family Christmas Dinner any more than others had).

Still, a nice moment I wanted to share with you!

(by the way, he plays Robert, Ray's older brother, on the show).

All in all, a great moment and I just wanted to share it!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Just Wanted to Tell You About Who I Met at Christmas Dinner!!

Nice, Barry! I'm glad that you made it to the dinner, and that (it seems) you had a great time.

I've heard a few tales about Brad Garrett and they didn't make him seem so nice, but perhaps they were wrong.

BTW...which hotel?

Comment

Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
      Nice, Barry! I'm glad that you made it to the dinner, and that (it seems) you had a great time.

I've heard a few tales about Brad Garrett and they didn't make him seem so nice, but perhaps they were wrong.

BTW...which hotel?

The Four Seasons, I believe....just off the 101 at Lindero Canyon.
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Awesome Barry! I love him, he's so funny.

Comment

Fun! Glad you had fun Barry! Glad you're out of the hospital too!

Brad Garrett is a big (literally and figuratively) Disney fan. I've seen him a couple times at Disneyland and am always struck by his size. I feel midgeted around him (and I'm 5'10").

Comment

How awesome! My mom and step-dad would be so jealous.

Comment

Cool, Barry!! Sounds like you had a fun Christmas!!

Comment

Originally posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
                Awesome Barry! I love him, he's so funny.
                Here's a clip from one of his best episodes on ELR...when he interviews for a job at the FBI, and Marie Barone (Ma) ruins his "lucky" suit, then tries to make up for it by faxing a letter to the agent that's interviewing him.

His reaction on his return home ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYc-NHYFXX0]YouTube - Robert Barone's Lucky Suit[/ame]

Classic.

And knittingknerd as you may know I'm not a small boy myself. We made a pretty good wall along that dessert line for a second there...

Comment

He told a funny story once too:

Garrett was asked when he knew he was taller than most. He said when he was 12 and his family was at Disneyland they were discussing where to meet if they got lost. The Dad said if anyone gets lost just meet at Brad.

Comment

I'm so happy for you, looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with a bonus!
                    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Awww! That's great.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X