This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought a bear- now what?

I have always wanted a bear skin rug- and now I have one. A neighbor is moving and they had one- a polar bear no less, and I got him for a great deal.

He's not in perfect shape-he has some tears in his pelt. His head is in excellent condition all things considered but needs some TLC. I am going to need to take off the lining and make a new one.

Does anyone know anything about cleaning these type of thing? Or anything pertaining to caring for a animal pelt?

Thanks for any advice.

Rent one of those movies where a couple nuzzles in front of a stone hearth and see what they do with the rug.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Comment

My dad's house looks like Gaston's place with all of the fur and antlers. What I've seen him do when something gets a little worn is take it into the local taxidermist. Usually they can patch up spots that were damaged.
      "Do it for me then. Your gaming buddies are going to be there too. It will be good for you kids to go out and blow the stink off yourselves for one night."

"Fine. For you. And for the eradication of stink."

Comment

Originally posted by Nephythys
        I have always wanted a bear skin rug- and now I have one. A neighbor is moving and they had one- a polar bear no less, and I got him for a great deal.

He's not in perfect shape-he has some tears in his pelt. His head is in excellent condition all things considered but needs some TLC. I am going to need to take off the lining and make a new one.

Does anyone know anything about cleaning these type of thing? Or anything pertaining to caring for a animal pelt?

Thanks for any advice.

Too bad you can't ask the polar bear that was killed to get it.
        >>Alan<<
        Member 216

Comment

yeah- a guilt trip about a bear that has probably been dead longer than I have been alive. Just what I needed...

Comment

A Dead bear ? Oh Nephy... the live ones are much more fun to lie on top of...:devil:

OH!.... you mean like an animal bear..... my bad.
            DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
            DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
            DLR Tokyo - 2005
            DLR Paris - 2011
            DLR Hong Kong -2011
            DLR Beijing -TBA

Comment

LOL- very funny Rob- very funny!

Comment

Going with my first thought of the thread title:

Try dressing up those patchy fur areas with a new outfit. Might I suggest a cute ballerina or princess dress? Or, if it's a boy bear, then either the doctor or biker outfits are cute.

Just drag it into your nearest Build-a-Bear for proper sizing.

disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

bah!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X