X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had my first monte cristo today!

And it was not from Disneyland.

There is a wonderful bistro right down the street from where I live and let me tell you....IT WAS AMAZING.

never thought it would all go so well together. (jam, turkey, powder sugar)

However, I still cant wait to try Disney's verison, somehow I feel it might be more, hmmm...magical? (lol!) (i know that was terrible)

Re: I had my first monte cristo today!

I'm glad you have experienced the amazing-ness of Monte Cristos!!!

And the ones at Disneyland do automatically taste better because of the wonderful theming around them!

--KAN

Comment

Yeah Monte Cristo's are great. I have to find one close to where I live.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
        Yeah Monte Cristo's are great. I have to find one close to where I live.

well the place I went to only served sandwhiches and soup, so maybe someplace that caters esp. to that maybe?

Comment

i had my first monte cristo sandwich last month!

i was up in the Mammoth mountains and we ate at a cafe up there. very tasty indeed! i totally forgot about the jam part so i didn't get to taste it with the fruit (it wasn't served with jam, the jam selection was already on our table.. i simply forgot).

perhaps it's because i didn't try it with jam, but i think i preferred less or no powdered sugar on top..
          -plagued

Comment

Originally posted by winder*wonder View Post
            well the place I went to only served sandwhiches and soup, so maybe someplace that caters esp. to that maybe?

MC sammiches and soup...YUM! Boccoli and cheese soup is my favorite.
            To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Not all Monte Cristos are the same. Some use French Toast for bread, others (the REAL ones) batter dip, and deep fry the entire sandwich (like at Disneyland). Most just include Turky, Ham and cheese, But i had one at another restaurant that also included BACON!!!!!
              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                Not all Monte Cristos are the same. Some use French Toast for bread, others (the REAL ones) batter dip, and deep fry the entire sandwich (like at Disneyland). Most just include Turky, Ham and cheese, But i had one at another restaurant that also included BACON!!!!!
                zomg, bacon makes ANYTHING 10x better!
                -plagued

Comment

for my sandwhich i believe they dipped it in egg (like french toast) and served it that way. i really want to try it completely fried. DISNEYLAND HERE I COME!

Comment

I had one with bacon as well! Yummy!!! :thumbup:

Next time I go to the Blue Bayou, I'll ask if they could add bacon to mine.

I can always hope!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X