Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showing My Mickey: But How?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Showing My Mickey: But How?

    I've always been the type who kept my Disneyland love in my heart, and not on my t-shirt, totebag, or hat. I've noticed, though, that anytime I see anyone going around in the regular world who's "signalling" Disneyland through their garb or accoutrements, something inside of me notices and says "hello, my friend."

    It's got me thinking that maybe the time has come for me to "show my Mickey" in some appropriate way, in order to give others of like mind this same enjoyable, day-brightening experience.

    What would be a subtle choice for this? I'm not a t-shirt wearer, and the only other thing I can think of (wearing the Ears to the grocery store) is just too dramatic for my taste.

    Any good suggestions out there?

  • #2
    Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

    Tattoo is the only way to go!
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

      LOL, ears in the grocery store would be hilarious!

      Polo’s with small embroidered Mickey's are the most common, and have been around for a while but Disney has recently been producing clothing that is subtle, almost "hidden". I can't think of anything specific right now, I'll have to go thru my wardrobe, but I know I have a few. Their so subtle I've even forgotten.

      Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
      Tattoo is the only way to go!
      Agree'd! Working on mine now
      DJ JARVICIOUS
      Salt Lake City, UT
      Electro | Hip-Hop | Top 40 | Funky
      www.Facebook.com/DJJarvicious
      www.SoundCloud.com/DJJarvicious
      Instagram / Twitter: @DJJARVICIOUS

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

        There's always jewelry, you can find Mickey earrings, bracelets, watches, rings. There are plenty of tote bags and purses, including a new Dooney & Bourke line for the parks. Hair ornaments, socks, shoes...if you wear it in some manner, there's one out there somewhere with a Mickey or Disney theme.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

          Like the above poster said, there are lots of things these days that are classy with a more subtle Disney design. Not just t-shirts, there are some nice blouses and dresses out there. Disney jewelry and purses can be subtle too.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

            Originally posted by SnorkletsMom View Post
            There's always jewelry, you can find Mickey earrings, bracelets, watches, rings. There are plenty of tote bags and purses, including a new Dooney & Bourke line for the parks. Hair ornaments, socks, shoes...if you wear it in some manner, there's one out there somewhere with a Mickey or Disney theme.
            Jewelry is simple, low key and nice too! I have a watch, but if you don't look to close, you would never even know its Disney. I also have a mouse sticker on the back of the car.
            Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



            Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
            Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

              Originally posted by 10/6 View Post
              LOL, ears in the grocery store would be hilarious!





              Agree'd! Working on mine now

              Yes, those hidden Mickey polos, and also thicker t-shirts with the Mickey head on them. I have a light pink one, you wouldn't know its a Disney shirt except for the Mickey on the left side.

              I have been considering getting a Disney themed tattoo too......I just don't know what I want it to say/look or symbolize.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                I think a purse or a work out bag, if you go to the gym, with Disney all over them would be fun. You could always get a pair of jeans with rhinestone mickey head smack dab on your behind, but that may be a bit much, he he
                T T F N . . .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                  Jewelry, Watches or Key chains

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                    You could always put a pin on a hat, bag, or jacket. Then you could change up what Disney you "sport" (that's how I put it) every day!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                      I am the same...subtle all the way! Jewellry is a good one...I have a little silver Mickey-ear anklette. The only other Disney "accoutrement" I have are a Pirates gold key chain, and a Mickey soccer ball antenae ball, that I have dangling from my rearview mirror in my car (so nobody can steal it). My girls also wear Mickey earrings all the time, and they are also cute but subtle.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                        Funny that 10/6 should mention the almost-hidden Disney motifs. One day I saw a sundress in the window of Disney Clothiers on Main Street and I admired it, but when I took a closer look, I saw that the pattern consisted of "Hidden Tinkerbells," one might say, and - not yet thinking along these lines - decided to pass. A few weeks later I saw a woman out and about in my neighbhorhood, wearing that very dress, and I said "Main Street, USA?" We chatted about Disneyland for awhile, and I recognized that the subtlety of the Disney pattern made it into a hidden-in-plain-sight secret code that only the deeply-into-Disneyland would recognize, and that this might possibly lead to the development of a secret Disneyland handshake.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                          Originally posted by Waking Beauty View Post
                          I've always been the type who kept my Disneyland love in my heart, and not on my t-shirt, totebag, or hat. I've noticed, though, that anytime I see anyone going around in the regular world who's "signalling" Disneyland through their garb or accoutrements, something inside of me notices and says "hello, my friend."

                          It's got me thinking that maybe the time has come for me to "show my Mickey" in some appropriate way, in order to give others of like mind this same enjoyable, day-brightening experience.

                          What would be a subtle choice for this? I'm not a t-shirt wearer, and the only other thing I can think of (wearing the Ears to the grocery store) is just too dramatic for my taste.

                          Any good suggestions out there?
                          A subtle tattoo on your neck should do the trick!

                          I'm pulling your leg, of course.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                            i'm more of a subtle Disney loving person, so all i really have to show to the world is a Pooh Bear keychain my friend got for me, and a wallet with white polkadots with some hidden mickeys on it. cutest wallet i've ever seen! cause the mickeys are disguised as polkadots. got it at World of Disney in DTD
                            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                            Originally posted by penguinsoda

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Showing My Mickey: But How?

                              Originally posted by Evil Step-Mom View Post
                              Tattoo is the only way to go!
                              Agreed!

                              Although I do wear a Minnie Nurse watch to work and around. Granted it's a white banded watch with Minnie dressed as a nurse, so it screams "HEALTHCARE!" But it also shows my dorky Disney side.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X