Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

    I was hurt deeply last valentines day by my Husband.. I never bought him a wedding band when we were married 4 years ago (I wasnt working at the time as I couldnt as I didnt have a work visa yet)..

    anyways last valentines day.. I thought this would be the perfect time to buy him the wedding band.. I bought it.. and I was soooo proud of it.. I gave it to him and he said Oh I wont wear that.. I was sooo hurt.. So I dedcided to take off my wedding band and engagement ring.....a few months later, he noticed it was gone off my finger, I told him why I took it off....i asked him why he doesnt want to wear his wedding band, he said I dont know why.. I figured it was soo the women would think he was single LOL..

    anywyas FINALLY 3 weeks ago he started to wear it FINALLY

    have you ever been hurt by someone??????

    Friends for life

  • #2
    Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

    yes....by more people than I can count....thakfully my BF's moments are few and far between. I remember he made me mad one time, but I don't remember why....

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

      leading up to our wedding..i told him over and over and over..."please! do NOT smash the cake in my face" i always thought that was so disgusting and degrading... i don't know why..but just always hated it with everything in me. so there we are...on our wedding day....with all the assurances in the world that he 'wouldn't dare'... and he did.... took my breath away i was so shocked, totally ruined that moment for me.
      okay...fast forward 5 years later...we had lost a son and my mom and wanted to re-new our vows...even a different wedding date...just to try to make things new/fresh start... it was verrry romantic, christmas themed, small group of close friends & family...I i mentioned it again...he looks at me seriously & says.."don't you think i know better than to do that a second time? " well...apparently he didn't...because he did it again! only this time...i broke down & just bawled! to make matters worse...everyone there said i over reacted & ruined the moment!!!!!!!!!!

      we've been happily married 20 years...but those two memories still make me pout!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

        Wow, pixywingz. Just reading that story made me mad. But it sounds like you're doing okay with 20 happy years in spite of that. :clap:

        My hubby and I made the same no-smashing promise to each other but fortunately he (and I) kept that promise. I thought it was a great start for trusting each other.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

          Originally posted by pixywingz
          leading up to our wedding..i told him over and over and over..."please! do NOT smash the cake in my face" i always thought that was so disgusting and degrading... i don't know why..but just always hated it with everything in me. so there we are...on our wedding day....with all the assurances in the world that he 'wouldn't dare'... and he did.... took my breath away i was so shocked, totally ruined that moment for me.
          okay...fast forward 5 years later...we had lost a son and my mom and wanted to re-new our vows...even a different wedding date...just to try to make things new/fresh start... it was verrry romantic, christmas themed, small group of close friends & family...I i mentioned it again...he looks at me seriously & says.."don't you think i know better than to do that a second time? " well...apparently he didn't...because he did it again! only this time...i broke down & just bawled! to make matters worse...everyone there said i over reacted & ruined the moment!!!!!!!!!!

          we've been happily married 20 years...but those two memories still make me pout!
          I am sooo sorry for your pain.. I know MEN dont realize what they say.. but it hurts us women alot doens it.. I feel for your pain I do

          Friends for life

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

            not married yet but most of my hurt has come from FAMILY. Very selfish people who only come around at holiday's. Thinking that is enough to keep a relationship. I would much rather be with friends who are their for me and blood who isn't.
            aka Sara

            :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:



            One of my children
            isn't pictured,

            ABE is still hibernating :sleep:

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

              Major hurts- anything done by my dad. :!$#%: :rant: :verymad:
              Minor hurts- when a good friend forgets my birthday.
              Introducing- The Geek Tutorial! The new informational webseries on computers and the geekiness of life.


              Screw eHarmony- I met my soulmate at Star Trek: The Experience. :geek:


              Random funny exchange from Star Trek: The Experience:

              BF: "If you take any photos on the attraction, we will shoot you with a phaser."
              Guest: "On stun?"
              BF: "Maybe....."
              Me: "I wouldn't trust him."

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                some swiss skank ditched me at prom and went after all the other girls dates....bitch
                What an idiot....

                Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                  I think most everyone at one time or another has been hurt by a loved one, either a spouse, boyfriend, children. It happens, just hopefully not often.




                  Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                  Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                  all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                    Yes to hurts by friend and family.
                    My brother(who is 13 yrs my senior) told me I'd never known my father when I was 17.
                    My best friend told everyone I was pregnant before I'd even told my family.
                    Bad times all around. Made me a much more closed off person, I don't trust easily but I'm fiercely loyal!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                      I think everyone has at least once in their lives. For me, my girlfriend of 5 years recently decided she didn't love me anymore, and broke up with me; she didn't want to try to talk things out, etc. She just didn't love me anymore. I had always thought we would get married, etc., but I guess she thought otherwise. Then, two weeks later, she finds someone else, and has been dating him since. (about two months now). That's actually the reason I haven't been on Micechat recently. It still hurts...
                      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                        Originally posted by yoyoflamingo
                        I think everyone has at least once in their lives. For me, my girlfriend of 5 years recently decided she didn't love me anymore, and broke up with me; she didn't want to try to talk things out, etc. She just didn't love me anymore. I had always thought we would get married, etc., but I guess she thought otherwise. Then, two weeks later, she finds someone else, and has been dating him since. (about two months now). That's actually the reason I haven't been on Micechat recently. It still hurts...
                        what a ho, you should have slapper her in the neck....I would have, lightly though, I really dont like hitting people...
                        What an idiot....

                        Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                          Originally posted by kelly
                          I thought this would be the perfect time to buy him the wedding band.. I bought it.. and I was soooo proud of it.. I gave it to him and he said Oh I wont wear that.. I was sooo hurt.. So I dedcided to take off my wedding band and engagement ring.....a few months later, he noticed it was gone off my finger, I told him why I took it off....i asked him why he doesnt want to wear his wedding band, he said I dont know why.. I figured it was soo the women would think he was single LOL..

                          Kelly - Does he feel weird about how the ring LOOKS, or is he freaking over having to wear ANY ring? If it looks a bit fem or something, that might be an issue for him. But if he wants people to think he's available, that's a mess just waiting to happen. Even though I wanted to surprise my wife on our engagement, I still let her pick it out because she has great taste and I pretty much suck at stuff like that. Maybe he wanted to pick it out??

                          I lost my ring last year for about two weeks and HATED not having it. It's just a plain gold band, but it has scratches and scars from several years of wear and tear. If you're in ANY kind of relationship, you can expect the same. The longer you're together, the more scratches and scars you will have. But hopefully less deep and less frequent over time.

                          Pixywings....holy cow. Some guys are just missing the common sense gene. In his brain it was funny no matter what. I admire you for sticking with him....hopefully he got the clue when you burst into tears. And I can't imagine losing a child. It's amazing that both of you pulled through that together...and that you are STILL together. That says alot. Once you get the cake smashing thing figured out, I think you guys have it made.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                            Yes...I won't elaborate, but it was really bad. It will be 6 years ago in about 3 weeks. He still doesn't seem to understand how devastated I was and brings up my actions during the aftermath whenever we have an argument. Some wounds will never completly heal.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Have you ever been hurt by a Loved one??

                              Originally posted by kelly
                              have you ever been hurt by someone??????
                              If anyone says no they are lying. Everyone has.
                              You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.


                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X