This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA Judge Bans Teaching Intelligent Design

Jones said the students and teachers of Dover High School "deserved better than to be dragged into this legal maelstrom with its resulting utter waste of monetary and personal resources."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...-EVOLUTION.xml

And there's this one from The Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122000532.html
    Last edited by desertdweller; 12-21-2005, 08:42 AM.
    "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Re: PA Judge Bans Teaching Intelligent Design

Thank god.

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

Comment

If they are banning that, they should also ban the theory of evolution since that is not even accurate. That still has many un-answered flaws. I say teach both or none at all.

Comment

Here we go again.............

Evolution is a theory that has been proven in many aspects. But it is also a fact in many aspects. To try and deny it flies in the face of science. No one has yet proven how life started, so everything iin that area is a theory.

However evolution has been shown over and over again in established lifeforms, including humans. Evolution and intelligent design are not mutially exclusive and the sooner people realize that, the better off we will be. Being a christian does not mean that you cannot believe in evolution.
        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
        Help support the site you love:
        -Visit the MiceChat store
        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Well said, DQ. What is frightening about the Pennsylvania case is that these board members allowed this "Intelligent Design" idea to be put on the curriculum. Then they lied under oath.

As the federal judge pointed out, this episode was clearly in violation of a ruling the U.S. Supreme Court made in 1987 to keep religion out of the public school system. Thankfully, most of those board members have been removed.

What's interesting is the statement that other states and a few right wing, fundamentalist Christian groups have been watching this particular case.

Apparently,The New American Taliban is alive and well.
          "America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between." Oscar Wilde

Comment

Originally posted by desertdweller
            Jones said the students and teachers of Dover High School "deserved better than to be dragged into this legal maelstrom with its resulting utter waste of monetary and personal resources."

http://today.reuters.com/news/newsAr...-EVOLUTION.xml

And there's this one from The Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...122000532.html
            And the world was right again.......
            ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
              If they are banning that, they should also ban the theory of evolution since that is not even accurate. That still has many un-answered flaws. I say teach both or none at all.
              Would you care to share your sources for this claim?
              "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

Comment

How long until Robertson condemns this judge??

Comment

Originally posted by dramaqueen
                  Being a christian does not mean that you cannot believe in evolution.
                  I agree. I am open minded to the theory to and do question where human life first began.

But I think that everyone should be taught more views as to how life started rather than justr the theory of Evolution so people can try to figure it out for themselves and question what belief is right or not. But to just teach people the theory of Evolution without letting them know others beliefs as to how life was started is very biased in my opinion and does not allow many to be open minded.

Comment

Originally posted by jwbear
                    Would you care to share your sources for this claim?
                    There have been multiple studies done, my source is the news .

Comment

I don't see any harm in teaching Intelligent Design. Scientifically, it's more sound than the evolutionary theory since it has a very practical theory of how like started. The Evolutionary theory just kind of skips that whole extremely significant point. I don't understand why we are so opposed to different opinions in America... That goes for both the right and the left.

Comment

Plus this thing about humans coming from apes is very confusing. Theories out there say we humans evolved from apes. If that is true, why are all the apes that we see in Zoo's and out in the wild still apes? I would have thought that if that theory was true, Apes would no longer be existant. But yet, Apes are still just.....apes and they are still roaming our world in the wilderness!

Comment

There have been multiple studies done, my source is the news.

What studies, and by whom? And the news??? Please! When have they ever been a reliable source of scientific information?

I agree. I am open minded to the theory to and do question where human life first began.

But I think that everyone should be taught more views as to how life started rather than justr the theory of Evolution so people can try to figure it out for themselves and question what belief is right or not. But to just teach people the theory of Evolution without letting them know others beliefs as to how life was started is very biased in my opinion and does not allow many to be open minded.

Last edited by jwbear; 12-21-2005, 01:09 PM.
                          "The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion. " -George Washington

Comment

Plus this thing about humans coming from apes is very confusing. Theories out there say we humans evolved from apes. If that is true, why are all the apes that we see in Zoo's and out in the wild still apes? I would have thought that if that theory was true, Apes would no longer be existant. But yet, Apes are still just.....apes and they are still roaming our world in the wilderness!
                            Humans did not evolve from apes. Humans and apes evolved from a common ancestor - 2 branches on the same line. This is a common misunderstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by twinmom
                              How long until Robertson condemns this judge??
                              :ap: As soon as he turns up his hearing aids! :ap:
                              ~ MickeysGirl šoš
                              ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X