No announcement yet.

Need help with Country Bear Names

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with Country Bear Names

I have searched high and low over the internet for this but have had no luck anywhere. My kids have a late 80's/early 90's "Disneyland Fun" Sing Along Video. There is a song with the Country Bears singing "The Great Outdoors." There are 3 bears, 2 tall, one short, which I can remember from my childhood. They were also present in the park when the attraction was due to close a few years ago ,hanging out near the Jamboree. Anyhow, does anyone know the names of these bears? I will never be able to thank you enough if you can help me!

Re: Need help with Country Bear Names

I remember:
    Big Al
    Liver Lips
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Here are all the names:

Heads on the Wall - Melvin (moose), Buff (buffalo), Max (stag)
      Henry - emcee
      Gomer - pianist
      The Five Bear Rugs (the band) - Zeke (banjo), Zeb (fiddle), Ted (jug), Fred (mouth harp/harmonica), Tennessee (one string "thang"), Oscar (small bear that squeaks his teddy bear at the end of each song; according to the back story, he is Zeb's son)
      Wendell - bear with overbite. He does duets with Henry.
      Liver Lips McGrowl - singer with big lips. Voiced by country singer Buck Owens.
      The Sunbonnet Trio - girl group, Bunny, Bubbles and Beulah.
      Trixie - the "lonesome loser" bear, always with a glass in her hand.
      Teddi Bara - swings from the ceiling.
      Big Al - off key big bear, with a horseshoe on his guitar.

Hope this answers your question.
      Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.

I take it you're referring to the walk-around Country Bear characters? I thinK I saw the video you mention and I believe 2 of the bears in question are Liver Lips McGraw and Wendel. Not sure who the 3rd bear is.

Thanks everyone, appreciate your help alot!!! From your descriptions, I think they are Liver Lips, Shaker and Wendell. Yes, they were the walk around characters, sorry I didn't state that better. Amanda, my girls really like your present opening Stitch! Again, thanks everyone!

"Shaker's" real name is Terrence.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.