Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worker Found Dead at desk..for 5 days.

I had to share this, I work in the "cubicle" environment. LOL Makes you wonder!!

Re: Worker Found Dead at desk..for 5 days.

Creepy I'm surprised that no one had to walk up to him to discuss at least something work-related. Wow!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Good lord! that is too sad . . . what a way to die, sitting at your desk totally unnoticed!

Comment

Actually there was a Show on TLC called "Mostly True Urban Legends" that debunked this. You see if someone was dead in an office for 5 days it would not go un-noticed because of that horrible stench dead bodies have. Most likely the people would have smelt it a day or two after the death....Including if the building the guy died in was cold. Cold air seems to intesify horrible smells.

It's an interesting story though.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler
          Actually there was a Show on TLC called "Mostly True Urban Legends" that debunked this. You see if someone was dead in an office for 5 days it would not go un-noticed because of that horrible stench dead bodies have. Most likely the people would have smelt it a day or two after the death....Including if the building the guy died in was cold. Cold air seems to intesify horrible smells.

It's an interesting story though.
          I did wonder about the stench, fun email though!

Comment

ok! guess I can laugh then! LOL!

Comment

That's pretty much life here where I'm at today. I could not show up at all and nobody would notice.

In fact, I've been here a few times to find people saying that I didn't come in or just have an absense form in my box.
              -Tim

Comment

However the TLC "Mostly True Urban Legends" did say that the story of a dead body found underneath a hotel bed was fact. it was underneath the bed for days and no one could figure out where the stench was coming from until they did a very thorough room cleaning.

Another "Some what true" story that they did was about a man who bought a used car for very cheap. The car had a foul odor to it so the buyer tried to return it to the seller until the seller fessed up by saying that his father died in the car and his body sat in the drivers seat cooking under the sun for several days tillit was discovered.

The story about the the dead man being left un-noticed in the car for days is impossible given the fact that many drivers would have seen the body. But the fact that horrible stenches are extremely hard to get rid of in cars after people died or got killed in them are very much true.

Comment

:ap: A body does evacuate shortly after death, so there would definately have been a foul oder soon after death. The time of death would most likely have been determined by what was found on the body:
                  0-3 days 0-3 days Proteins and carbohydrates in the deceased body begin to break down. Blowflies e.g. Bluebottle flies, Syrphidae flies
                  4-7 days Body is starting to decay and causes the abdomen to inflate because of the gases inside. Fly larvae and beetle e.g. Rove Beetles.
                  It get's worse. :ap:
                  ~ MickeysGirl šoš
                  ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

According to this page at Snopes, it's false.
                    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickeysGirl
                      :ap: A body does evacuate shortly after death, so there would definately have been a foul oder soon after death. The time of death would most likely have been determined by what was found on the body:
                      0-3 days 0-3 days Proteins and carbohydrates in the deceased body begin to break down. Blowflies e.g. Bluebottle flies, Syrphidae flies
                      4-7 days Body is starting to decay and causes the abdomen to inflate because of the gases inside. Fly larvae and beetle e.g. Rove Beetles.
                      It get's worse. :ap:
                      Thanks for sharing. :blink:

Comment

Too bad his name wasn't Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan
                          Thanks for sharing. :blink:
                          :ap: Yeah, well, sorry but, besides the fact that rigermortus sets in after four hours, and he would have turned blue then gone grey from lack of O2. Don't you think the coworkers would have at least noticed that George was blowing up like a balloon?
                          That really was a far fetched tale. :ap:
                          ~ MickeysGirl šoš
                          ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! šoš

Comment

Originally posted by Barbossa
                            Too bad his name wasn't Bernie.
                            Ha! That movie was on today...
                            What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Yea I saw that Bernie's was on too. Made me think of this thread...:lmao:
                              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X