This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

A loaded Cobra .380 caliber semiautomatic pistol was found on a ride at DAK. My question is why do people feel the need to bring a loaded weapon to a park like Disney? Maybe these people do need to leave their house if they're that insecure about their safety especially in a controlled environment like a theme park.

Here's the link to the Orlando Sentinel story. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-disney-gun-animal-kingdom-20130529,0,927853.story
    Last edited by Coasterjunkie; 05-29-2013, 09:39 AM.
    Current coaster count: 179
    100th coaster: Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood
    150th coaster: Intimidator at Carowinds
    last new park addition: Six Flags Great America

Re: Loaded Gun on DAK Ride

Link not working for me. Was the gun found just lying on a ride seat or was it found on a patron? Both are horrible, but the first is worse. Imagine a child picking it up and assuming it must be a toy since they are at Disney...
    sigpic
    “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
    but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
    ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Try this link. Gun found on Walt Disney World ride in Animal Kingdom. - OrlandoSentinel.com

Comment

Wow. I'm a believer in allowing CC but, c'mon... at Disney?

First instinct is that it would be obvious that Disney would be a no CC zone. On the other hand, it is Disney's responsibility to make sure everyone is aware it is a no CC zone. How much would signs at the entry gate cost? Florida CC law states...

Places you cannot carry your gun:

any place of nuisance as defined in s. 823.05
        any police, sheriff, or highway patrol station
        any detention facility, prison, or jail; any courthouse
        any courtroom*
        any polling place
        any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
        any meeting of the Legislature or a committee thereof
        any school, college, or professional athletic event not related to firearms
        any school administration building
        any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
        any elementary or secondary school facility
        any area technical center
        any college or university facility*
        inside the passenger terminal and sterile area of any airport*
        any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law ****ANY FEDERAL BUILDING**** THIS INCLUDES POST OFFICES, THE BUILDINGS AT NATIONAL PARKS. YOU MAY CARRY AT THE PARK, BUT NOT IN THE BUILDINGS. restrictions apply.

Disney does not fall into any of these categories. Talk website notices all you want, Disney, you need to post at the gate.
        sigpic
        “That's the way a lot of things happen... You think one person did something
        but he was just the one to put the color on it." – Ken Anderson
        ​I'm blogging here again!

Comment

Originally posted by Attic Haunt View Post

First instinct is that it would be obvious that Disney would be a no CC zone. On the other hand, it is Disney's responsibility to make sure everyone is aware it is a no CC zone. How much would signs at the entry gate cost? Florida CC law states...

any courtroom*
          any polling place
          any meeting of the governing body of a county, public school district, municipality, or special district
          any portion of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption*
          any place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law ****ANY FEDERAL BUILDING**** THIS INCLUDES POST OFFICES, THE BUILDINGS AT NATIONAL PARKS. YOU MAY CARRY AT THE PARK, BUT NOT IN THE BUILDINGS. restrictions apply.

Disney does not fall into any of these categories. Talk website notices all you want, Disney, you need to post at the gate.
          I agree with this.

I believe in the right to conceal carry, but there's some people who don't abide by property owners wishes and this threatens this right for others. Carrying a firearm takes responsibility, and whoever was carrying this was certainly not being responsible and it disgusts me.

Not defending this person, but sometimes carrying a gun becomes almost like carrying a wallet, especially with a gun that uses .380 (which is a small gun). Sometimes you forget about it being there, but it is certainly the responsibility of the owner to make sure that they aren't carrying in zones that forbid it.
          Last edited by Disneytwins; 05-29-2013, 10:18 AM.
          DisneyTwins
          Since May 2003

Comment

The only acceptable excuse for this would be if this guest wanted to shoot at the hippos like they do at Magic Kingdom.

Comment

I'm sure Disney loves this the day after a dry ice bomb in California.

Comment

"He said he was not aware guests were not allowed to bring guns inside the parks."

WTF? Is he really so stupid he needs that spelled out for him? What possible reason could he have for needing a gun in an amusement park?

Comment

Comment

Disney really needs to add signs of what is and what isn't allowed in the parks. Law states that a person with a permit can carry a gun anywhere they wish unless it's a government building (such as the post office, City hall, etc.), School, or any business that specifically states that there are no guns allowed.

Keep in mind that not all people who carry guns are out to kill people. I know many people who conceal carry and the last thing they want to do is shoot someone.
                    DisneyTwins
                    Since May 2003

Comment

I just heard about the dry ice bomb from the AP news. The FORMER CM is being held on a $1,000,000 bond.

Comment

Unless Disney installs detectors at the gates I have a sneaking suspicion it is only a matter of time before an 'incident' happens. I dearly hope it doesn't cost someone life or limb. It really is a sad state of affairs when places we love and should be so innocent have to worry about things of this nature.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. There are many busy places that have no security at all that never have any gun violence.

We don't even know if it was intentional or not. The guy who had it could've been just an ordinary law-abiding person and was just too careless to check to see if he left his gun at home or in his or her car.
                          DisneyTwins
                          Since May 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Disneytwins View Post
                            I'm not sure about that. There are many busy places that have no security at all that never have any gun violence.

We don't even know if it was intentional or not. The guy who had it could've been just an ordinary law-abiding person and was just too careless to check to see if he left his gun at home or in his or her car.
                            I hope you're right. I guess I'm just skeptical of human nature. Seems like Disney is a perfect target in a lot of ways.

Comment

Originally posted by Attic Haunt View Post

any courtroom*
                              any polling place

Doesn't AK serve alcohol?
                              “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X