No announcement yet.

More people out to control what we watch.

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More people out to control what we watch.

I hate when people think it is their job to moderate what we watch. I passed by this article on Google and I will share a sample of it with you all.

Article from U.S Newswire

TV Watch: How a Vocal Minority is Trying to Change TV for Everyone
    3/2/2006 5:48:00 PM

"To: National Desk, Entertainment Reporter
    NEW YORK, March 2 /U.S. Newswire/ -- The vast majority of individuals across the country prefer to decide for themselves what they watch on television. But a vocal minority is pushing for more government control. These special interest groups abuse the complaint process, knowing that by filing one single complaint they can force the federal government to begin investigating a moment of broadcast television. If they are successful, fewer people than it takes to field a baseball team can change what we all see on TV."......
    Click here to read more of the article.

So what do you all think?

Re: More people out to control what we watch.

Its disgusting.

Any time I hear someone advocate MORE government control over ANYTHING I start feeling homocidal.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

I'm pretty well trained in the use of the ON / OFF switch and the channel changer. I really don't need anyone else's help.
      "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
      -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

The government is involved in our television with the CBC but that's pretty much it, and some people are peeved with that. I don't want to know what they would do if the government regulated the rest of the channels...

The tv has and on/off switch. Now days you can have parental locks pretty easy to block anything you don't want your kids to be exposed to. If you don't want to watch something turn off the tv but don't you dare take away my personal right to see, or hear or read whatever I choose to see, hear or read.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Remember kids the FCC doens't control cable...

yet... and I hope they never do. But with groups like the Parents Television Council out there, it's a scary thought. I'll miss Nip/tuck if they ever do
            "Tonight I wash my hands of you
            You set the bar I could not live up to
            Tonight the light is breaking through
            So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.