Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The peeps are here, the peeps are here!

We wandered over to Peeps Central aka Target yesterday as I was hoping that peep season had already started but was figuring it was too early. Much to my amazement and pleasure, there were indeed peeps around! I'm going to try to be good this year and not buy any until after Easter when they're on sale because otherwise, some peep indulgence is a definite possibility. We were also hoping for some peep merchandise since we'd seen some in previous years. The husband hates marshmallows so despises peeps (unless we're playing peep wars in the microwave), but he thinks they're cute enough to indulge me. I found peep plush! This picture shows a number of the products that will be available. I found the "squeeze" (as its called) bunny plush that's pictured in the back left, and I bought one of the small sized ones in yellow. I don't want the two larger sized ones, but I'd sure like to see them in person.

I also bought the multicolored bunny plush pack on the right. I bought a second pack for our cat Orkid, figuring she'd like them. I gave her the purple one last night, and she absolutely loved it. She was chasing it all over the house, and she'd grab it with her front paws and kick with her back paws. It's the exact right size for her to be able to do that but still small enough and plushy enough that she can carry it around in her mouth. The husband commented last night that she's going to end up bringing it up onto our bed with her. "No, she won't", I said. "She hasn't brought toys onto the bed in a long time." This morning, after my husband left for work, I was still in bed. She brought her peep onto the bed to play with. She doesn't ask that you play with her. She's perfectly content to play by herself. But mad scrambling cat on the bed does not make for peaceful sleeping.

I need to find the chick plush pack as well. And we'd bought the chicks lights for a friend a couple years ago, so I'm hoping to find some for myself. And I'm rather liking the bunny peep slippers, but it looks to be in a kid's size, so I may be out of luck.

If you click on the news article link under the picture, it goes to an article that has more details about what products are being released where. Looks like I'll be haunting Target, Walmart and the linen stores.

The funniest peep-related merchandise though is the jewelry. They're apparently making Italian charm peeps. Here's the traditional logo. Here's a multi-colored logo. Here's another multi-colored logo. Here's a peeps love version. This is my favorite - Peeps Rule!

So at home and work, I'm hanging with my peeps!

Re: The peeps are here, the peeps are here!

italian charm peeps?! cool! even though I can't eat them (much too sweet) they sure are cute! too cute to eat actually... =/

Comment

No, not yet!

I'm still cleaning the microwave out from last year!!!

Peep's pieces...

Comment

I've been resisiting the urge to buy Peeps for a couple weeks now. I think they're better "stale"... after you leave the package open for at least 2 hours.

All I can say is the day after Easter they better watch out because I am going to be a MADWOMAN going for the Peeps. SUGAR HIGH!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey
          No, not yet!

Peep's pieces...
          Hehe...hell yeah! That's what I do with mine! When I'm tired of eating em'...in they go to get nice and bloated!
          http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
          www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
          http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

Comment

they also make good smores when they are nice and old, heheheee
            {:
            MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

Man thats more pastel than I ever want to see in one place. I already bought some at Big Lots a couple of weeks ago. They were probably from last year but I still popped a hole in the plastic and let it sit a while before I ate them! Umm.. crunchy peeps!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMickey
                No, not yet!

Peep's pieces...
                I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
                That explains the trouble that I'm always in...
                sigpic

Comment

I know of a few people on here who enjoy toasting peeps over an open flamer...er...candle.....
                  Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
                  Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
                  Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
                  Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
                  Marge: Pink.
                  Homer: D'oh!
                  Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

OMG I'm probably going to get reamed for this but Peeps are DISGUSTING! ugh...I can't eat them...they make me so sick.

But hey, that peep merchandise is pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jennidisneyfer
                      I don't think the peeps need to be cleaned, but the microwave in this pic does! :lmao:
                      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

:clap: Not a fan of eating peeps but they sure are cute

While in CVS yesterday my kids insisted we buy a new kit...

White egg shaped PEEPS that come with a little tube of colored gel to decorate your own PEEP Eggs :thumbup: Very cool!
                        ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Never heard of microwaving Peeps - that's too funny. My mother is a huge fan of Peeps - she always got them for us every Easter. But, none of liked them. So, she would take them back and poke a hole in them. Then store the peeps until about the 4th of July. They would harden and taste just like the marshmallows in Lucky Charms. She did this every year of my childhood.
                          sigpic
                          Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Peeps are N A S T Y! Ewwww.....I think I'm gonna....

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by claribella
                              OMG I'm probably going to get reamed for this but Peeps are DISGUSTING!
                              Totally agree! UGH!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X