This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it supposed to taste like that?

So, taking a break from work, I go downstairs to our little general store, or "feed and tac" as I so like to call it. Feeling in the mood for something liquidy, I purchase a strawberry and banana smoothie drink, which I have never had before. There were three in the fridge, so I check the expiration date on each. The first I reach had a stamp of 6/5, so I push that one aside and check the next bottle. 6/10. Sounds good. So, I take it up and pay the exorbitant $3, and return to the grind.

Back to my desk, I shake the bottle as it clearly reads, “Separation is natural, shake it up!”. So, I do, untwist the cap and take a sip. Hmm…seems a little tart. In fact, smells a bit tart, too. I take another sip. Still tart. So, I close the cap and shake some more. Another sip. Nope, still fairly tart. Now, seeing as it’s strawberry and banana, I expected the concoction to be somewhat sweet. But, verily it is not. Now, I’ve never had this drink before, so how am I supposed to know what it’s supposed to taste like? I’m wondering if it’s spoiled. Nervously, I stare at the bottle for a moment, capped it tight and tossed it. Am I paranoid, or what?

BTW, the drink brand was Odwalla. Did I just waste my $3 either way?
    Last edited by Cuzco-topia; 06-07-2006, 04:54 PM.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Re: Is it supposed to taste like that?

Odwalla uses all natural ingredients so the tartmess could be due to that. However due to my body's strong dislike of banana's I am afraid I can't help you. However, I do know Odwalla is less on the sugar and more on the natural side.
    Katie :yea:
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

ooooooo, Don't tell me you just bought an Odwalla Ecoli Smoothie. People were getting sick off the Odwalla Apple Juice some years back. Something about the pastuerization. We've been calling them Ecoli smoothies ever since.
      PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee
        ooooooo, Don't tell me you just bought an Odwalla Ecoli Smoothie. People were getting sick off the Odwalla Apple Juice some years back. Something about the pastuerization. We've been calling them Ecoli smoothies ever since.
        Ahhhh...that explains the tangy ecoli goodness. :yuck: GLAD I chucked it! Thanks for the headsup!
        Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
        Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

Comment

Odwalla uses no preservatives

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Bananas in any drink can never end well. Ughhhh!!!

Comment

Max Fischer speaks a great truth of life. Listen well.
              A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
              In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by PirateMunkee
                People were getting sick off the Odwalla Apple Juice some years back. Something about the pastuerization.
                That happened a decade ago and at the time their juices weren't pasteurized. They are now flash pasteurized and are perfectly safe.

BTW, the Strawberry Banana is supposed to taste like that. I'm not a fan. It's not sweet enough.
                You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

I don't mind unsweetened...or tart........but this one was kinda 'tangy', leaving an almost acidic taste in your mouth. I don't think it was ok...but then, who knows?

Comment

I had one of those at Legoland last summer. I didn't have it, I bought it, tasted it and threw it away at once. Tasted like strawberry banana vomit. Don't ask how I know, I just do.

Lu

"Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
                    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

Ernest Thompson Seton

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyMaxx
                      I had one of those at Legoland last summer. I didn't have it, I bought it, tasted it and threw it away at once. Tasted like strawberry banana vomit. Don't ask how I know, I just do.

Lu

Exactly! Somfin just 'aint right!

Comment

Yeah, I tried an Odwalla once. How are they still in business?

Comment

Never heard of the brand, but now don't want to again!
                          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

It is much better to get Naked.

Comment

Here is there web site

http://www.odwalla.com/

Sorry you had bad drink I hate that
                              :crazylegs

Comment