This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you met anyone famous?

Have you met anyone famous? (Doesn't have to be at DL or DCA) Since I live far away from CA, I usually don't see anyone famous around here at all...

However I have seen famous people when I travel... When I went to LA in 1998, I was on the same flight as Jon Stewart (the host of the Daily Show in Comedy Central) and he was really sweet and funny. Then, in 1999 when I was in Las Vegas, I saw Ray Charles in an open air lounge in the New York/New York, so I walked right in and asked for a picture with him. He was super nice and friendly and shook my hand and stuff. (Nevermind that I was 16 at the time, walking into a bar to meet him ). So come on, spill... what are your good stories about meeting celebrities?

Originally posted by MegarooFifi
    Have you met anyone famous? (Doesn't have to be at DL or DCA) Since I live far away from CA, I usually don't see anyone famous around here at all...

However I have seen famous people when I travel... When I went to LA in 1998, I was on the same flight as Jon Stewart (the host of the Daily Show in Comedy Central) and he was really sweet and funny. Then, in 1999 when I was in Las Vegas, I saw Ray Charles in an open air lounge in the New York/New York, so I walked right in and asked for a picture with him. He was super nice and friendly and shook my hand and stuff. (Nevermind that I was 16 at the time, walking into a bar to meet him ). So come on, spill... what are your good stories about meeting celebrities?
    Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha pull up a chair hun...how much time do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by ah schucks
      Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha pull up a chair hun...how much time do you have?
      Well, I'm off today, so let the stories begin!

Comment

Writers? Directors? Musicians? Actors? Comedians?

Comment

Patrick Ewing at DIA when I was pregnant with Brian. It was during the season there was a stoppage in play. He had been in Aspen in negotiations that would be the ticket to bringing the NBA back to the hardwoods.

Nathan was wearing a bright red Chicago Bulls sweatshirt. I had some intelligent conversation with him, Nathan could nto say much. When Ewing shook his hand, he said to Nathan "Wrong shirt my man." It is one of the most classic lines I have ever heard.
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

All I can remember is meeting Alan Thick at the Descanso Gardens...lol. My dad's met many many people working at the hospital. My fave that he's gotten an autographed pic is from DeForrest Kelley!
            Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
            Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
            Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
            Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
            Marge: Pink.
            Homer: D'oh!
            Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

My favorite celebrity encounter still remains my experiance meeting my hero: George Lucas. I must have had a 20 to 30 minute conversation about so many things. He is the reason I got into film school. He is my other Walt Disney.

Comment

Gene Autry at his Hotel in Palm Springs, great guy, great conversationalist, talked for quite a while about his biggest love - Baseball & The Angels!
                Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Wow Gene Autry! Alan Thick! Thats awesome...So many cool celeb sighting.

Comment

My cousin was Tom Cruise's personal assistant for a few years and his wife works with danny elfman. The next time I get down to LA for an extended period of time I might get to meet Danny. As someone interested in film scoring it would be pretty exciting!
                    Eglantine, Eglantine, oh how you shine!
                    I don't believe in giving animals ridiculous names. I call him Cosmic Creepers...
                    ...and if you've got no other choice, you know you can follow my voice...

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999
                      Gene Autry at his Hotel in Palm Springs, great guy, great conversationalist, talked for quite a while about his biggest love - Baseball & The Angels!
                      My mom met him too back when she was a flight attendent for Western Airlines. She had a nice conversation with him and to be honest didn't know who he was until he told her. He gave her box tickets to the next Angels game when she was in California though, so that was nice.

I remember there being a thread likel this one before:
                      http://www.micechat.com/showthread.php?p=10228
                      Originally posted by BigPigletFan
                      I know when the 75th statues at DCA some artists came to see their Mickey, including Wayne Brady. One of my pin trading friends saw him in Greetings before I got there and had a nice conversation with him while they were both waiting in line. He was there with his kid.

I've also heard from CMs about having Britney and Christina (who make it hard because they love to shop and then they have to close down the entire store- which is really hard on Main Street), Johnny Depp (who is a really great dad to his kids), John Stamos (who loves Big Thunder), Carmen Electra and her husband among others. [Things you learn on the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour.]

Can you tell I want to work in Guest Relations?
                      I also met the father of the director of Monster's Inc. in my store this weekend. Apparently he is from Minnesota. He was nice and everything but just about half expected me to know who he was. But that's okay, I know who he is now.

Comment

In no particular order.....

Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley - Was working at The Wherehouse corporate office (that's a record store chain here on the west coast) and they came by to sign autographs and plug their current record. Gene was the nicest guy and exuded so much confidence you couldn't help but like him. He was the type of guy who yould shake your hand first. Paul was not.

Bob Geldof - Showed up at EO one afternoon. Recognized him on the spot and commended him on his work for world hunger. He said thank you and immediately shouted at his daughter for running off into the queue: "FIFI!!!"

The entire cast of the orginal Star Trek TV series - This was for a Trek computer game that I worked on that unfortunately never got made. All of them were very nice and gracious people. George Takei (Sulu) was the most talkative, and the most friendly. Shatner was extremely funny, despite talk I've heard of him being very difficult and very much a prima donna. He was late to our recording session and apologized his *** off. He then stopped and realized that many of us were seeing him for the first time in the flesh. "What's everyone staring at?" he asks. We all busted out laughing. Was a fun day in that studio.

Kurtwood Smith - "Red" from "That 70's Show". We'd hired him to play a diplomat in said Trek game. He came in for the recording session on time, but the actor he was supposed to read with was running late. Rather than wait, they asked me to read with "Red" so that he would have someone to bounce off of and we could splice the dialogue together later. The man is really like what you see on TV - he's hilarious.

Corey Feldman - Showed up on EO one night, asked when the next showtime was......was doing this 'young brooding Hollywood brat' thing and was dressed like a tackle box. Weirdest 10 seconds of my life.

Jon Cryer - Ya know......Ducky from 'Pretty in Pink'? He was at that same recording studio where we were doing Trek. Was very much keeping to himself that morning, sitting in the lounge watching CNN or something. I sat across from him with my coffee and bagel and introduced myself. When he asked what I was working on there that day and I told him, he lit up. The man's a major Trekkie.

John Forsythe - He was working on an AMEX radio spot at the studio. Came in one morning and sat with me and my boss over bagels. It was through him I found out that Roddy McDowell had passed away that morning. John had a couple stories to tell about him, as they apparently were acquainted.

However my favorite story is this one......

Ozzy Osbourne - Was heading to a friend's barbecue in Santa Monica and me and two buds stopped at a Vons on SM Blvd. to get some wine and steaks. As we approached the front door, a silver Mercedes pulled up and Ozzy got out the back, said something to the occupant inside, and started lumbering to the front door. All of us had spotted him and immediately began muttering to each other..."Is it...?" "Ya think?" "No way...."
                        I called out his name, and he responded. I have him the two-fingered heavy-metal 'devil' sign, and he returned in kind. Oh yeah.....it was Ozzy. Black sweat pants, round dark glasses, black t-shirt, befuddled look, lotsa bling, tatts.....
                        He enters the store and we go searching for the butcher section. Ozzman comes wobbling down our aisle a second later, making eye contact with me. I smiled, and he extended a hand, also smiling.

"Ozzy."
                        "Ortizmo."
                        "Where's the f***ing bakery?"

I kid you not. Not knowing where it was and never having been to that Vons I was at a loss, so he thanked me in a rather incoherent kinda way and continued his search. My friends stood there slackjawed and we were all then wondeirng why the hell none of us had brought a camera.
                        "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

First -Danny Elfman is awesome!! Very cool.

I'm going to be flamed for this,I met Erik Estrada from "CHiPS".When I was 10.
                          Just met Danny Bonnedeuce at DL on my last trip. And Robert Wagner from The Black Sheep Squadron TV show, he frequently visits a Outback steakhouse here in Modesto. Lance Armstrong in the Early 90's before he had cancer, before he won his first Tour De France in 1999.
                          1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Ben Stein, Mark Curry, Tyra Banks, Jamie Foxx, Stacy Dash (Clueless), Brian Dennehy, Kelly's dad from 90210, Ross and Monica's Mom from friends, Ryan Seacrest, Leeza Gibbons, this guy that's on a day time soap- don't know his name, and that's all I can remember right now.

I got called to do one of those "fan experiences" on the Ryan Seacrest show and meet Cameron Diaz and get a makeover by her personal stylist, but they literally called the day we were packing our moving van and we were leaving for MN the next day!! So I couldn't do it!
                            �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

The only person I ever came in contact with was Charles Curalt. I was working a newsmag and he was one of our guests. It was a real treat to talk to him.
                              >>Alan<<
                              Member 216

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X