This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lose 50 for the 50th (A Challenge)

Thought about this being another "goal for DL's 50th", but figured it deserved its own thread, since this one's a bit unique, and calls for people to join in.

Some of us want to lose some pounds, so what better time than during the 50th??

"Lose 50 for the 50th!"

This goal will kick off on May 5th, and run the full 18-month duration of Disneyland's 50th. There are two ways to do this:
    1. If you have 50 pounds or more to lose, your goal would be 50 pounds during those 18 months, which is a very realistic, healthy, and obtainable goal at under 1 pound per week.
    2. If you have less than 50 to lose, then combine forces with other folks to total 50 pounds of loss, and work together as a team.
    So, who's with me????
    Last edited by Disneyphile; 04-28-2005, 11:13 AM.
    disneyphile@gmail.com

Phew...tuff challenge, but...I'm gain if anyone else is gain. It would be nice to have a support team.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Comment

<raises hand>

Me! I have 50 pounds to lose. Yikes- I have more than 50. Gasp- did I say that out loud????
      �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by TinkPink
        I have 50 pounds to lose. Yikes- I have more than 50. Gasp- did I say that out loud????
        Me too. But, go for at least the 50, and that won't be so tough. That's just cutting out a little bit each week, or increasing your activity level just even a small amount. It's all about the 50.
        Last edited by Disneyphile; 04-28-2005, 11:30 AM.
        disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Sounds good to me! I know I would love to lose 50 pounds or so.

We could even start a "Sunday Walk in the Park" group for those of us who want to get some excerise in but hate to actually exercise. I know I would be able to do at least a couple of Sundays each month. When I go to the park a lot, I start to drop weight like there is no tomorrowland.
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I think it only fair that if the overweight people lose 50, the skinny people have to gain 50.
            >>Alan<<
            Member 216

Comment

I think my mother and I are up for the challenge...my metabolism has slowed down way too much in the past year. :botox:

Comment

I only need to lose about 10-15.

Are we going to do weekly weigh-ins where we have to post our progress?

If so, I'm down 4 pounds in the last month... to reward myself, I ate a Krispy Kreme.... Damn guy that sits the row over that brings Krispy Kremes to work every Thrusday!!!! Damn him to Six Flags!!

Oh, wait... We start May 5. Darn, I'll alreadt be 30% of the way to my goal by then...

Comment

Originally posted by KoH
                  I think it only fair that if the overweight people lose 50, the skinny people have to gain 50.
                  :lol:
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Yes, we're beginning on May 5th.

Ok, for those who have less than 50, post here and try to form a team. Heck, even name your team for spirit. And then, let's have a "progress report" from all individuals and teams each Sunday, beginning May 15th. (i.e. "Team Big Losers has lost 1.5 pounds combined.").

As for some tips to reach our goals, keep the "50" in mind, and try one or more of the following:
                    • Drink 50% less soda
                    • Eat 50% more vegetables
                    • Exercise 50 minutes per week
                    • Eat 50% less sweets
                    • Drink 50% more water
                    • Eat only 50% of a churro instead of a whole one (share the love!)
                    • Eat 50% less fat
                    Anyone else have some tips that would include the 50?
                    disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

That's a great idea DP! This is why you're our Queen

As for me, I'll join with my husband, between the two of us, we have 50 to lose. Start May 5th huh? Guess I should get my Frappuccino fix now

Comment

I have exactly 50 pounds to lose. Actually, I'd be fine with 40. My Doctor is still playing with my thyroid meds (levels were low last blood test - hence the snail-like matabolism and weight gain. If I have the magic amount of replacement hormones now, I should be able to actually lose with all of you! I need it too! A closet full of clothes and nothing to wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Not Afraid
                          IA closet full of clothes and nothing to wear.
                          I so hear ya on that one!! This will be a fun challenge, and not like it will be hard to remember the "50" influence, either. Whenever we see the 50th anything, it'll be imbedded in our minds.
                          disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile
                            I so hear ya on that one!! This will be a fun challenge, and not like it will be hard to remember the "50" influence, either. Whenever we see the 50th anything, it'll be imbedded in our minds.
                            Yes, and as we see $50 disappear from our wallets over and over.

Comment

If I lose 50 lbs, you'll never see me again! LOL. But I wouldn't mind dropping 10 or 15...so I'm in! Starting May 5th!
                              Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X