This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prayers/Thoughts Please

UPDATE 10/30: I should hear back from a finance lady tomorrow to see how much I'm prequalified for. I want to thank Morrigoon (sp? Sorry) SO incredibly much!! She introduced me to some great people! Morrigoon: The realtor is great!

So yeah that's basically all. Looks like I'm on my way to buying a house! If you ever need anything with realty Morrigoon is the lady to go too.

I want to thank all of you other Micechatters for your thoughts, prayers and advice. It helped me a great deal knowing there were people who really cared even though they have never met me. Thanks.

9/27 Okay...so I've never been one to openly share what's going on in my life..at least negative things. However, you guys are the greatest and I just needed someone to talk with, so I'm posting here.

Here's the quick recap July 29,2005 my stepfather calls and says he's staying in AZ, doesn't love my mom and is stopping all paychecks. But miracously we survived on my tiny retail paychecks and made it. Mom got the house in her name in December which raised the house payment. We still survived though. I know God has a plan for us but right now it's so foggy we don't even have a hint as to what it could be.

Ever since I started working as a teacher in August it seems like everything has hit us, and hit us hard. I live with my mom and 15 year old brother. Mom's been behind on payments and had bad credit since the mean person stopped his paychecks. So she went to see a financial advisor today (he's a family friend so we knew he'd be honest). Well it turns out that basically it comes down to selling the house or letting it go into foreclosure and Mom filing bankruptcy...but that kinda leaves us without a place. We have a bunch of animals so there's no way we could rent a place either.

Mom said that if she stopped making the house payments and let it go into foreclosure then she wouldn't have to file bankruptcy. So I'm looking into finding a house I could afford to buy because I have good credit and a secure job.

I just needed to get that out because I am so stressed out and upset. But I keep thinking maybe this is good because when my ex-stepfather comes into town he always thinks he should be able to do whatever he wants at this house... so maybe it's a blessing in disguise? My main worry is I won't be approved for a loan large enough to buy a house...so I guess we'll wait and see....

Thanks for listening guys.
    Last edited by PrncssZ; 10-29-2006, 06:23 PM.

Re: Prayers/Thoughts Please

Oh man, this just stinks big time. I will be praying for you and that you will find a place foryour family and the rent is awsome, and you can have your pets Sending hugs your way and lots of Prayers to!!

Comment

Good luck with everything! Feel free to vent here anytime!
      sigpic
      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

has she called the mortgage company? there may be something they can do to help her out. Also, if someone is filing bamkraupcy they may not be able to foreclose, but I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
          has she called the mortgage company? there may be something they can do to help her out. Also, if someone is filing bamkraupcy they may not be able to foreclose, but I'm not sure.
          There's nothing the mortgage company can do because her credits so bad. She tried to refiance a few months ago. The financial advisor said to let the house foreclose then file bankruptcy.

Thanks for all the nice words guys. I knew this was the right place to come.

Comment

I believe Scubabe might be correct. I believe that if you file for bankruptcy they cannot foreclose on your primary residence.

I'm so sorry that this is happening. To have had such a good run and have it come crashing down must be very overwhelming.
            I'm sending positive thoughts your way that it all works out.

Comment

God bless you, Honey...and here's a tip that might help...start going to banks, finance co., etc...and asking if they have any houses for sale. My parents bought their house from a bank...it was one that was just left there by the people who owned it, the bank took it back...they can only sell the house for what is owed on it. Their house is worth at least $60,000...probably alot more since the hurricane, but, they only paid $34,000. You will be in my prayers.

Comment

First I just want to say how sorry I am you and your family are going through all this. You are in my thoughts.

Second, have your mom talk with a bankruptcy atty. You can get a free consultation I believe. There are exemptions in every state for your house. A bankruptcy attorney can tell you what it is for where you live.

Good luck!!!!!

Comment

Best of luck to you!!!

Comment

Good luck. Keep your chin up and tell yourself eveything will be alright. It might not look like it right now but things will get better.

Comment

PrincessZ,

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope that things turn for the better for you really soon.

Originally posted by aashee
                      We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

Man... that is terrible!!! Hugs for you and your mom! :squeeze:

In California right now the housing market is starting to flatten out a bit. I don't know exactly what part of So Cal you are in, but real estate is not moving as fast as it once was. This is to your advantage, it is turning more into a "buyer" market again. I suggest that you do as Sticky-poo suggested. With all the people getting adjustable mortgages during the recent boom, unfortunatly many other people are having to let their homes go, and you might be able to qualify for a good deal.

As far as the forclosure/bankruptcy thing... yeah, each states laws are different. I know the financial advisor is a friend and you trust them, but it might be worthwhile to look into a free consultation with someone who might be better versed in the laws of California in this area. Someone who is strictly a financial advisor might not be up on the exact laws specific to this.

And know that at any time, you can come in here and vent away and we will always be willing to listen. Plus we have a lot of people around here that are a wealth of technical info!! You can always PM me to if you ever need just an ear!!!

Hang in there... things seem to happen for a reason. We many not know why or understand them at the time, but whatever happens is because is will lead to something better down the road.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Since you are a teacher now look into the teacher loans through CTA, or your local union. They are usually lower interest, and they will help with the down payment (usually it is a defered 2nd) if you want to try to buy the house. Good Luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by socaldisneygal View Post
                            Since you are a teacher now look into the teacher loans through CTA, or your local union. They are usually lower interest, and they will help with the down payment (usually it is a defered 2nd) if you want to try to buy the house. Good Luck!!
                            Thank you so much for that advice! My mom has a friend who works at Wells Fargo and said I could get a lower interest rate, but maybe I'd be more easily approved through a CTA loan company.

Thanks to all of you for all your thoughts. It really does make me feel better knowing people care. (outside of family)

Comment

hey kiddo,

The best thing that you can do is pray. God does answer prayer. He knows all that we need. there is nothing that he cannot do.

I will pray for you.

dont give up sweetheart. God loves you and I love you.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X