Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie Questions about the Forums

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newbie Questions about the Forums

    I can't figure out what the gemstones above people's avatars mean. I hope it's not somewhere in the FAQ's and I missed it. If it is, I apologize.

    Can you join a club if you aren't MiceChat gold? I can't find access to them. I know only Goldies can start one, and they need 25 other Goldies to start, but it doesn't say whether or not a regular can join once it's created.

    This is less technical. If the rep points are deleted every six months, how does someone attain over 10,000 points?! Maybe they just post a lot. I don't know. It seems massive...

    Thanks so much for your information!
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

    "If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

    "It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

  • #2
    Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

    Each diamond indicates 1,000 posts.

    I'm not sure about clubs and gold.

    People with a lot of rep seem to post a lot...at least that's been my observation. You need to post in order for people to give you any rep based on your post.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

      Hi Mary Ann, Welcome to Mice Chat !!

      To answer your questions:

      1) The gemstones your feffering to are diamonds. You get one diamond for every 1000 posts you make. You can have a total of five diamonds.
      2) I believe the clubs your reffing to..you need to be a Mice Club Gold member to join. Mice Club Gold membership is very inexpensive, you may want to consider becoming a member.
      3) To my knowledge rep points are not deleted nor do they expire. Their is a section on rep points on the FAQ tab which should answer all your questions. If you have any other questions, please send a post.

      We are all here to help each other. Have a great day !!
      Mark

      Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
      http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01


      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

        Originally posted by DsnyFvr View Post
        3) To my knowledge rep points are not deleted nor do they expire. Their is a section on rep points on the FAQ tab which should answer all your questions. If you have any other questions, please send a post.

        We are all here to help each other. Have a great day !!
        Actually they recently did change that to where the points expire after 6 months I believe it is.

        Seriously... thats the least important part of MiceChat. The most important is just to come in, hang out, make friends and have fun!!! The rest falls into place on its own.




        Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


        Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
        all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

          Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
          The most important is just to come in, hang out, make friends and have fun!!! The rest falls into place on its own.
          That's the key. Just have fun.
          sigpic

          This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

            Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
            Actually they recently did change that to where the points expire after 6 months I believe it is.

            Seriously... thats the least important part of MiceChat. The most important is just to come in, hang out, make friends and have fun!!! The rest falls into place on its own.
            Yep. Fully agreed. However, when there are all these symbols all over the place, I have more fun when I don't wonder what the heck they all mean. Like crop circles. Man. I'd have a lot more fun looking at them if I knew what they mean. )

            Love the penguin. I am a HUUUUGE fan of the muppets, and penguins. So put that together, and we get...your avatar. LOVE IT!

            Everyone else, thanks for the help!
            "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

            "If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
            "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

            "It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

              if you get 17 of them you get invited to club 33

              i think 22 or 26 is backstage tour?
              My book on a comprehensive study of the Disneyland Railroad CK Holliday is now available at http://ckhollidayplans.com!

              My DLRR CAD Download
              My CK Holliday Project

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

                Originally posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
                Yep. Fully agreed. However, when there are all these symbols all over the place, I have more fun when I don't wonder what the heck they all mean. Like crop circles. Man. I'd have a lot more fun looking at them if I knew what they mean. )

                Love the penguin. I am a HUUUUGE fan of the muppets, and penguins. So put that together, and we get...your avatar. LOVE IT!

                Everyone else, thanks for the help!
                :lol: Cool!!!!

                Well in addition to the symbols on the left hand side under your username you will see a lot of scary stuff in sig lines too!!!! (Guilty as charged! )

                Don't let it scare or intimidate you... After you're around a while it all becomes second nature! And if you ever have any questions don't be afraid to ask! With over 9000 people here someone is bound to know the answer!! And if they don't we're real good and winging it and coming up with silly answers. Most everyone here has a good sense of humor!

                Welcome and enjoy!




                Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


                Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

                  Originally posted by WillyWonka View Post
                  if you get 17 of them you get invited to club 33

                  i think 22 or 26 is backstage tour?
                  Wait. 33 posts doesn't equal Club 33. Only 17? I'm....shocked.

                  Although, if 22 or 26 is backstage, well them, I suppose it had to be a scaled point system.

                  However, if we are going to merit the value of the two experiences, having been backstage several times for various things, and NEVER being in Club 33, I would have to say that I would rank Club 33 WAY above a backstage tour.
                  "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

                  "If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                  "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

                  "It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Newbie Questions about the Forums

                    Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
                    :lol: Cool!!!!

                    Well in addition to the symbols on the left hand side under your username you will see a lot of scary stuff in sig lines too!!!! (Guilty as charged! )

                    Don't let it scare or intimidate you... After you're around a while it all becomes second nature! And if you ever have any questions don't be afraid to ask! With over 9000 people here someone is bound to know the answer!! And if they don't we're real good and winging it and coming up with silly answers. Most everyone here has a good sense of humor!

                    Welcome and enjoy!
                    Thanks! I'm really enjoying the last couple of days I've been here. Everybody has been really great with my newbieness. And Dustysage is amazing as he found me tickets for the quest tomorrow on, like, ridiculous short notice! HE'S AMAZING! Anywho, maybe I'll see ya tomorrow! (I hope we all wear nametags. That would be helpful....)

                    Now...who can I talk to about those crop circles....:razz:
                    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

                    "If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

                    "It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

                    Comment

                    Ad Widget

                    Collapse
                    Working...
                    X