X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife is Pregnant and HORMONAL - HELP!

Hello-
    As many of you have read, my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our bundle of joy to arrive in 7 days, via cesarean section.

My wife has been pretty emotional as of late - and she tells me it's hormones - with which I agree.

Just the other morning she woke up and I sat up in bed and asked her how she was and she said, "I don't know." And then she just burst into tears. She says to this day that she still doesn't know why.

I'm cool with all of this and I don't try to give her solutions to anything......I just let her cry on my shoulder (literally) and just do whatever it is that I can do without trying to agitate her to any degree.

Well, this sort of scenario happened again this morning........she woke up at 4am and told me she was going to go take a lukewarm bath to relax. While in the bath, she was going over finances and figuring out money and basically freaking her out.

Just as I was getting out of bed to get ready to go to the gym, she came out of the bathtub and plopped herself in bed and started crying. So, I sat with her and held her and talked to her and we prayed and such.....suffice to say, I didn't go to the gym. And then she started getting all weepy over the fact that I didn't go to the gym and that it was her fault.

Anyway.....I know this is a long story here, but does anyone out there have any advice of what do to "OTHER" than what I have done already? I don't think I have done a bad job thus far, but if you have any tidbits to assist me, that would be so totally helpful!

Thanks!

DisDad

Re: Wife is Pregnant and HORMONAL - HELP!

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Hello-
    As many of you have read, my wife is pregnant and we are expecting our bundle of joy to arrive in 7 days, via cesarean section.

My wife has been pretty emotional as of late - and she tells me it's hormones - with which I agree.

Just the other morning she woke up and I sat up in bed and asked her how she was and she said, "I don't know." And then she just burst into tears. She says to this day that she still doesn't know why.

I'm cool with all of this and I don't try to give her solutions to anything......I just let her cry on my shoulder (literally) and just do whatever it is that I can do without trying to agitate her to any degree.

Well, this sort of scenario happened again this morning........she woke up at 4am and told me she was going to go take a lukewarm bath to relax. While in the bath, she was going over finances and figuring out money and basically freaking her out.

Just as I was getting out of bed to get ready to go to the gym, she came out of the bathtub and plopped herself in bed and started crying. So, I sat with her and held her and talked to her and we prayed and such.....suffice to say, I didn't go to the gym. And then she started getting all weepy over the fact that I didn't go to the gym and that it was her fault.

Anyway.....I know this is a long story here, but does anyone out there have any advice of what do to "OTHER" than what I have done already? I don't think I have done a bad job thus far, but if you have any tidbits to assist me, that would be so totally helpful!

Thanks!

DisDad
    You're wife's pregnant? I didn't know. Congradulations.
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

Comment

+-choclate, just give her a chacloate bar and small little treasures like juice in bed, and choclates!! good luck

Comment

I truly think you continue to do just what you did this morning and try and keep her life as stress free as you can.
        Hormones are not something that you can control and their lovely results can not be predicted.

Good luck! You'll need it.

Comment

I think you are doing the best thing by just being there for her. You can't change the chemical balance in her system, so you just have to let it run the course and do all you can to help her through it. It is a wild time of your lives but it will all be worth it in the end.

Comment

Give the woman chocolate!

JK

Keep doing what you do- listen to her even if she doens't know why she feels the way she does... give her a massage, make her smile

DlandDaddy you are very understanding and your wife is just on an emotional roller coaster right now. The anxiety and hormones are just enough to put her over the edge.

I'm sure she will look back at this time and be so thankful for having such a caring, loving and understanding husband!

Lots of luck to you both
            Hang in there- one more week to go
            ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
              +-choclate, just give her a chacloate bar and small little treasures like juice in bed, and choclates!! good luck

:lmao::lmao::lmao: OMG Karla we are TOO much!!!!

Comment

Congrats first of all.
                My wife is pregnant also, and so far haven't had this experience yet that is shared here. Oh the things I get to look forward to. It's great that you are being there when she needs you. Good man.
                Last edited by Alchimedes; 10-12-2006, 12:48 AM.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Our son was born on 9-30-06, so I just went through what you are going through now.
                  You are doing exactly what you need to be doing. You can't change the hormones, so be flexible and just get through it with her.
                  My wife was the same way and you don't know when the moments will happen. They can end as soon as they begin. So, as long as you both are undestanding of what is happening you can get through it.

We would get the ultra sound pictures out or play the dvd we had made and look at them, talk about how excited we were to see and hold our new baby. That seemed to calm things down.

Comment

Originally posted by hakuna makarla View Post
                    If I could, I would. She has been diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes - has to inject insulin twice daily into her upper abdomen region. Not fun...but not much longer either.

I'm sure the chocolate will come 'after' the birth! She's assured me of that!

Comment

Honestly, there is absolutely nothing you can do, sorry to say :lol:
                      You can't understand the massive roller coaster of emotions she's dealing with right now. Just continue to do what you're doing and keep counting down the days(hours, minutes) in your head Just thank God she's not going PAST the due date....trust me

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

These are what we gave out after our son was born :lol:

Sorry to hear she developed GD- that really stinks!

Comment

AHHAHA...I have been saying that I can't wait to get on a roller coaster again with my wife. I just didn't know it was going to be a HORMONAL ROLLER COASTER - thought it might be Matterhorn or Space Mountain or Big Thunder Moutain.

HAHAH.

We'll get through it - thank you all for your 'tips'.

Comment

First off, you are being a great husband and father. Keep doing what you are doing.

My wife had GD as well. The dietary restrictions and finger pricks were icing on the cake of stress.

Part of the emotions may be blood sugar fluctuations. Thinks about what she ate and how long ago to see if there is a connection.

Seeing as she is due to deliver soon make sure you have the car and the bags ready. Ours decided to come three weeks early due to the GD wearing out the placenta.

And congratulations daddy to be!
                            -AmandasDad

Comment

Just comforting her is the best thing.
                              So enjoy this part now. Cause delivery time you might get call everyname in the book...(J/K)
                              Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
                              Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X