This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Are You Doing Thanksgiving/What are you thankful for

I know halloween isnt here yet, but i got to thinking about thanksgiving plans. Does anyone have anything special planned?

we arent doing much, just cooking turkey..

Friends for life

Re: What Are You Doing Thanksgiving

Well hopefully this year i would like to have my mom over but she has thing
    about traveling ( i think she afraid of water) So since i live on Staten Island you have to drive over the Brigde or take a ferry..

So Im gonna try and convince her ..... Sad to say but our parents never met each other. My mom is single and his parents are still together.

So this will be interesting.

Then i was thinking of doing some cooking myself not the turkey maybe a pie or cake something different....
    Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

my step son is going to be in california with his mom.. so its just the girls and i (which i am happy about) I feel i need some time away from him. I even said to hubby maybe i shouldnt cook this year, since we are in vegas maybe some places might have a special dinner.. but i guess we would have to book ahead...

Friends for life

Comment

Family during thanksgiving.
        :crazylegs

Comment

Watch football and nuke a Lean Cuisine turkey dinner. I don't have any family down here. I went to a friend's house for turkey day once and it felt weird eating with her family so I pretty much ate and ran (thankfully I had other plans later in the evening).

Comment

just going over family's house. the next day will be a long one for me at work, big sale, from midnight til 8pm on friday

Orlando doing good
            http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
            Princess of Randomness

Comment

I go to moms, we fix the meal, we all eat, I go home its a nice dinner

Comment

Will be having dinner at my house...probably turkey with all the fixings. It depends upon how many family will be here...if it's a large crowd, we'll also have prime rib and salsa
                "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

Comment

My morning will start off like all other Thanksgiving mornings. A trip to the store to get a Gingerbread Latte and the newspaper with the Black Friday ads!!!!

Since we don't live near family, we'll probably go to DL in the morning/early afternoon and then come home and I'll make a big dinner. Turkey with all the trimmings that we'll eat for the next week! For some reason there are only 4 of us (2 of which are children) but I always end up buying a huge turkey. I just can't bring myself to buy a small one. Weird.

Comment

Well since my family is divided over some family secrets this year, I have no idea where I am going. But I do know that my Weber, a huge bottle of Cattlemans BBQ sauce, and a 20 lb Turkey are coming with me wherever I go. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm, BBQ Tuuuuuurkey.
                    sigpic
                    Elsa's and Anna's
                    Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

Most of my family is going to DL - but, I think we'll pass and go later. Too busy for me.

So, we'll probably go to my mom's and have dinner. But, she's trying to find something else and actually wants to go out for dinner. I don't know.
                      sigpic
                      Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post
                        My morning will start off like all other Thanksgiving mornings. A trip to the store to get a Gingerbread Latte and the newspaper with the Black Friday ads!!!!

Since we don't live near family, we'll probably go to DL in the morning/early afternoon and then come home and I'll make a big dinner. Turkey with all the trimmings that we'll eat for the next week! For some reason there are only 4 of us (2 of which are children) but I always end up buying a huge turkey. I just can't bring myself to buy a small one. Weird.
                        DL will be sooooooooooo busy

Friends for life

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                          DL will be sooooooooooo busy
                          I can handle busy in small amounts. I doubt we'll stay long. But it does get us out of the house for a while. I find Thanksgiving day to be soooo loooong sometimes. Last year I think we went to Kmart because it was open. We didn't buy anything. Just went to kill some time.

Comment

I am looking forward to having turkey.. havent had it since christmas (my fav).. yummy.. just not sure if i will cook it, or go out and eat somewhere yet..

Friends for life

Comment

At the moment we have reservations for the Thanksgiving buffet in the grand ballroom at DLH and a room at PPH, followed by two nights in San Deigo. That's subject to change due to my grandfather's health. We may end up going to the Bay Area to be with him and my dad and then maybe spend the weekend in The City, not sure.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X