This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Day in Disney History

To start off the new year of 2007. I'll be updating this thread DAILY with "This Day in Disney History" factoids. Enjoy!

Source: http://www.mickeynews.com

December 31st 2006:

1936: Walt and Lillian Disney adopted a daughter - Sharon Mae

1957 : Leigh Woolfenden became Disneyland's 10,000th visitor

1992: 8TRAX nightclub opened at Pleasure Island

1995 : EPCOT's World of Motion closed

1999: Fantasia / 2000 released

2003: The Disney Club ceased operations. It was replaced by a Disney Visa card.
    Last edited by barfownz; 01-04-2007, 04:49 PM.

Re: This Day in Disney History

That's a great idea, and a great way for people to learn about Disney history, a subject I personally would love to learn more about. Thanks for doing this!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Originally posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
      That's a great idea, and a great way for people to learn about Disney history, a subject I personally would love to learn more about. Thanks for doing this!!
      My pleasure! I'm glad you like it! I'll be posting Disney's history factoids daily! So tune in or subscribe to this thread!

Comment

cool

Comment

January 2nd:

1937 The Worm Turns (starring Mickey Mouse) released

1979 Dumbo's Circus Parade began daily runs along Main Street, WDW

2001 The Grand Californian Hotel opened

Comment

where do you get all this info?
            OLM!!!
            There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

the front/left of page of HERE. You can find this info in google also. But i find it at that site for yours guys enjoyment!

Comment

Does anyone know if there are any good books about Disney history? I've read books about Walt, but not much about the studio, the parks, etc.
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Does anyone know if there are any good books about Disney history? I've read books about Walt, but not much about the studio, the parks, etc.
                  I personally like the first 100 years by Dave Smith, Haunted Mansion from Magic Kingdom to the Movies, by Jason Surrell, Pirates of the Caribbean by Jason Surrell, & Mouse Tales nby Dave Koenig vol 1 is better than 2 but they're both good.

Great idea for a thread!

Comment

MiceChat's own Kevin Yee has some fantastic books about the park: http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002...ords=kevin+yee

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
                      I personally like the first 100 years by Dave Smith, Haunted Mansion from Magic Kingdom to the Movies, by Jason Surrell, Pirates of the Caribbean by Jason Surrell, & Mouse Tales nby Dave Koenig vol 1 is better than 2 but they're both good.

Great idea for a thread!
                      Originally posted by Hyperbole View Post
                      MiceChat's own Kevin Yee has some fantastic books about the park: http://amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002...ords=kevin+yee
                      Thanks so much for the info!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post

Great idea for a thread!
                        I agree Mouse Tales 1 is better than the second volume even though they are both insightfull. I really enjoy Disney A to Z by Dave Smith (the Disney Archivist) there are a lot of cool disney facts in this book.

Comment

Since you're pulling this info off of someone elses site, shouldn't you cite the source? Otherwise, aren't you just plagiarizing the info?
                          Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Originally posted by justjohn View Post
                            Since you're pulling this info off of someone elses site, shouldn't you cite the source? Otherwise, aren't you just plagiarizing the info?
                            Well...Should i cite MickeyNews? If you type in Disney History or anything related to the thread topic in Google. you get about 60,000 sites of all this same information that i am posting.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
                              Well...Should i cite MickeyNews? If you type in Disney History or anything related to the thread topic in Google. you get about 60,000 sites of all this same information that i am posting.
                              Well, yes you should cite MickeyNews if you're going to cut and paste the information directly from their sight into this thread. Its common courtesy to do this when your distributing someone elses information. Kind of like when you write a paper at school and your supposed to cite where you get your info from.

I would have to get the opinion of someone like Kevin Yee, but I think this is how its supposed to work.
                              Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X