This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable or Satellite ?

After reading Disneyland Daddy's thread regarding the popular preference between Dish Netword or Dish TV..it got me wondering:

What is the popular choice between cable or satellite TV ?
    What is your preference ?
    Mark

Contribute to my Johari or start your own!!
    http://kevan.org/johari?view=MarkS01

Re: Cable or Satellite ?

Right now we have cable, only because we don't watch very much TV (MAYBE a couple of hours a week), and thus don't want to spend very much on it..

I have in the past had satellite TV. That was back in the past when there was decent programming on.

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnt make anything anymore, but thats not exactly true. Were the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Which ever offer the best HD lol One thing that sucks about both are the blackout restrictions on sports events!

I have cable, i'm cool for now!
      Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Originally posted by DsnyFvr View Post
        After reading Disneyland Daddy's thread regarding the popular preference between Dish Netword or Dish TV..it got me wondering:

What is the popular choice between cable or satellite TV ?
        What is your preference ?
        I have had more 'outages' with Cable TV versus Satellite. My wife and I lived in a VERY old house for a year or so and the only issue we really had with our satellite dish was that it was on an eave that was warping and loosening - and it wasn't the satellite's issue - it was the house falling apart (we've moved by the way).

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
          I have had more 'outages' with Cable TV versus Satellite. My wife and I lived in a VERY old house for a year or so and the only issue we really had with our satellite dish was that it was on an eave that was warping and loosening - and it wasn't the satellite's issue - it was the house falling apart (we've moved by the way).
          yeah, i've had annoying cable outages too, took them 3 months to figure out that it was a problem from the start of the line drop 5 houses down (and im the last drop off that line). My internet kept cutting in and out, reception sucked! But I love it when they come and change the ends of the lines with new fittings, noticable difference!
          Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

We had more problems with out satellite dish (Dish Network, btw), so we dumped them when we moved and got cable. No problems at all, so we're keeping it.

Comment

We went to Direct TV after Time Warner pulled ABC off the air for two days. I would never go back to cable. You get more HD channels with Direct TV and all the channels are digital. You could not pay me enough to go back to cable.

Comment

Add in the fact that Direct TV is cheaper and they don't have the price fluctuations of cable. My Aunt has to call and negotiate her bill every 3-6 months. Direct TV gets me all of my stations for $54 for 2 rooms.
                Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

My parents have been using DirecTV since 1998 and I definitely agree with their choice. Every time I've called customer service they've been wonderful. We currently have 3 DirecTV+DVR and 1 DirecTV HD receivers, and I believe my parents only paid for one of the DirecTV+DVR. The common cable talking point of loosing reception has never really bothered me. Usually when we loose reception I'm more concerned about tornado watches and warnings.

Comment

I've had cable all my life. I have no problems with cable and will continue to use it.
                    -Jack :geek:
                    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

we've had DishNetwork for about 5 or 6 years now and have never had a problem with it. We've got the 2 room DVR system and a box in our computer room as well.

DVR is f'ing awesome
                      Will there be screams when the sun sets,
                      -=Is It October Yet?=-

Originally posted by Tinkermonkey
                      elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
                      Originally posted by pratt55
                      Elly is adorkable.

Comment

Satellite has more channels, but unreliable signal strength in inclement weather. Cable has great internet service.

Go with digital cable, you get the best of both worlds.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Originally posted by Morrigoon View Post
                          Satellite has more channels, but unreliable signal strength in inclement weather. Cable has great internet service.

Go with digital cable, you get the best of both worlds.
                          This is something I'd not thought of - the internet service as well.

Comment

We've had sattellite for almost 3 years now and we have had it glitch maybe twice in that entire time. My freind who lives across the street has digital cable and it pixilates and glitches on a daily basis. The ONLY time you would have weather related issues is during INTENSE storms. We live a block from the beach and can get terrible rain, but its never been as bad as digital cable.
                            Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Comment

I really like Direct TV. However, our local digital cable service has much better packages as far as International programming goes. Therefore, if I could, I'd do a mix with Direct TV being the primary, cable being the secondary.

As of right now, I have neither cable or satellite.
                              -Tim

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X