This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Rant & Rave

As if my life wasn't already complicated.

I have really maintained a great attitude about the 'issues' that have occured in my life as of late. I'm a new father - and so with that, comes 'less than I'm used too amounts of sleep'. OK.

While on paternity leave for 2 1/2 weeks in October, I go to get checked out by my Doctor....as I have a strange mass in my pelvic/groin region - diagnosed as an Inguina Hernia - and again diagnosed by the surgeon On 11/15 that it is indeed w/o a shadow of a doubt that it is an inguina hernia - surgery set for the next week - 11/22 - OK.

11/22 comes - I go in for surger - the outcome? It wasn't a hernia at all, but a malignant lump and it is Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. OK.

I have dealt with all of this really well - and my upcoming chemotherapy at City of Hope and probable 'Medical Disability Leave' are OK with me. In fact, my wife even resigned from her job in order to take care of not only the baby, but me too - depending on how rough my chemo is. OK.

So.....I have all of this on my shoulders....and I somehow manage to keep a smile on my face through all of it and what happens!? At lunch today, my CAR OVERHEATS! On top of that, it needs a catalitic (sp?) converter repair and since I got a flat tire recently from a bulge on the side of a tire, more than likely I will need to get a new set of tires.

Seems pretty minor maybe, but it's like 'WHAT NEXT????!'

Anyway, just needed to rant and rave a little bit. Frankly, I think I need to just get rid of the car - but then, with wife unemployed and me going out on disability soon, we probably wouldn't qualify for a car loan.

Ugh.

Again - just needed to RANT & RAVE

Re: Todays Rant & Rave

That is horrible. I know it seems as if it is like a "kick me while I am down" type of thing it will get better. I tell my fiance a lot that when it seems as if you have hit rock bottom you have nowhere to go but up. On a bright side you have your family which is a pilar of support and strength for you.

Comment

Sorry things are going against you right now DD. That sucks .

Comment

It can always get worse, remember that. Focus on the good that you have in your life, as opposed to the bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
          Sorry things are going against you right now DD. That sucks .
          Originally posted by migo View Post
          It can always get worse, remember that. Focus on the good that you have in your life, as opposed to the bad.
          Yes - they WILL get worse - my hairs going to fall out from Chemo.

Comment

If you think that's "the worst" I think you've got another thing coming. I prefer to keep my head up and pointing towards the sun.

First my dad got cancer. Then my mother in law got cancer. Then my dad died. Then my mother in law died. Can't get worse, right? Then my uncle was killed in an accident on the freeway, followed four days later by my grandfather's unexpected death. Can't get worse, right? Day after Xmas my brother in law's one year old Godson died.

Things can always get worse. Losing your hair is part of the journey. Why not be proactive and shave it off now? That's what we did for dad. PLUS, the bonus of losing your hair to chemo, it usually comes back in fuller! And not everyone loses their hair, BTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
              Yes - they WILL get worse - my hairs going to fall out from Chemo.
              Aw, that's just temporary, and is a sign that the medicine is working in your body! Besides, many guys look good without hair!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
              Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
              Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by migo View Post
                If you think that's "the worst" I think you've got another thing coming. I prefer to keep my head up and pointing towards the sun.

First my dad got cancer. Then my mother in law got cancer. Then my dad died. Then my mother in law died. Can't get worse, right? Then my uncle was killed in an accident on the freeway, followed four days later by my grandfather's unexpected death. Can't get worse, right? Day after Xmas my brother in law's one year old Godson died.

Things can always get worse. Losing your hair is part of the journey. Why not be proactive and shave it off now? That's what we did for dad. PLUS, the bonus of losing your hair to chemo, it usually comes back in fuller! And not everyone loses their hair, BTW.

I know it can get worse - I totally know that - just seems like work has been on my back since I got back from paternity leave, our money is tight, now this diagnosis, problematic vehicles.

Yeah - your stuff you mention is pretty bad - I'll agree - but my stuff is just 'grating' on my nerves.

I'll get though it - but it's like I have had a smile on my face since my diagnosis - and people wonder what's wrong with me - and I want to have a good attitude - and I do, but it's like, "Ok, David has a good attitude - now let's have his car fall apart."

Anyway, I know it will get better - and losing my hair REALLY isn't a huge issue - will be strange, but won't break me.

I'm just stressed right now.

Comment

Just remember DD, "Through the bad comes the good."

Comment

Stress sucks. And it always seems as if things snowball during these times. I find it really helps to take a step back, breath, and just think "I'll get through this, I have before". We have no money right now, and you're right, first the tires went, then we had to drive to Colorado. Well, what am I going to do...bitch and moan about no money? Sure, for a few minutes, then realize that I'll get by. And so will you.

For your tires, I suggest contacting Goodyear, I know that we just did a no interest for 6 months credit card deal through them for our tires. We did it through Evans Tires. If you're able to do that, you can put your tires and all your car problem stuff on the card, and pay as you go. Just make sure you pay before the 6 months period ends, or they tack all that interest on. Just a thought.

Comment

I'm feeling better already - just because I got to 'rant and rave' - so thanks all for 'reading'.

I'm thinking of getting a victory tattoo after my cancer is beat. Cool? I think so!

Probably should be talking about this in Walt Warriors, but whatever.

Comment

You should take a trip down to San Diego once you're done. There is a very nice park across from the airport for Cancer survivors.

Comment

Oooh, I just remembered. Something you may wish to take into account...during your chemo, you could become a bit queasy...take a little something to nibble on, it usually squashes that sensation.

Comment

DD, I'm sorry things are so rough for you right now. I will be sending positive vibes your way!!

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                              As if my life wasn't already complicated.

I have really maintained a great attitude about the 'issues' that have occured in my life as of late. I'm a new father - and so with that, comes 'less than I'm used too amounts of sleep'. OK.

While on paternity leave for 2 1/2 weeks in October, I go to get checked out by my Doctor....as I have a strange mass in my pelvic/groin region - diagnosed as an Inguina Hernia - and again diagnosed by the surgeon On 11/15 that it is indeed w/o a shadow of a doubt that it is an inguina hernia - surgery set for the next week - 11/22 - OK.

11/22 comes - I go in for surger - the outcome? It wasn't a hernia at all, but a malignant lump and it is Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. OK.

I have dealt with all of this really well - and my upcoming chemotherapy at City of Hope and probable 'Medical Disability Leave' are OK with me. In fact, my wife even resigned from her job in order to take care of not only the baby, but me too - depending on how rough my chemo is. OK.

So.....I have all of this on my shoulders....and I somehow manage to keep a smile on my face through all of it and what happens!? At lunch today, my CAR OVERHEATS! On top of that, it needs a catalitic (sp?) converter repair and since I got a flat tire recently from a bulge on the side of a tire, more than likely I will need to get a new set of tires.

Seems pretty minor maybe, but it's like 'WHAT NEXT????!'

Anyway, just needed to rant and rave a little bit. Frankly, I think I need to just get rid of the car - but then, with wife unemployed and me going out on disability soon, we probably wouldn't qualify for a car loan.

Ugh.

Again - just needed to RANT & RAVE
                              I am so sorry about whats going on in your life. I will pray for you and the situation, I wish I could help you, and or buy you the tires I had to go buy over 400.00 worth the snow tires last month, wow that really took all my extra money, but again I am not sick, and do not have a new baby. My heart goes out to you and I will be praying thigs get better!! Chin up

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X