This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panini makers

Does anyone own one of these? Any recommendations?

DH and I were looking at one in Williams-Sonoma today ($90) and it seemed very well made. We've already tried the George Foreman route, and another brand (I forget the name), and they were basically grilling machines. We are looking for one with adjustable heights. And we want to do sandwiches along with grilling meats and veggies.

Re: Panini makers

I have a Cuisinart panini maker. I love it. I don't know as I'd use it for anything else though.
    Mike

Comment

As a former Crate and Barrel salesperson, I also recommend the Cuisinart. I want one, but didn't buy it because I don't have anywhere to put it. It's kinda big. We had one in the break room and we'd use it all the time at work. I think I'm just going to get a grill pan with a press instead, and that way I can use it for other things.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/family...1&SearchPage=1
      A signature should go here.

Comment

Cuisinart here too. We use it daily and love it!

added: We also have the griddler. Great for breakfast as a griddle, great for fish, great for paninis...
        Last edited by Osky; 01-20-2007, 11:58 PM.
        -Osky

Originally posted by sleepyjeff
        Before we totally disregard extremism; lets remember the lesson of the 3 little pigs.

The moderate pig lost his house to the wolf too
        .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .- -. -.-- --- -. . / -... --- - .... . .-. / - --- / - .-. .- -. ... .-.. .- - . / - .... .. ... ..--..

Comment

DH and I have a Cuisinart Griddler. Comes with interchangeable plates. The ribbed plates are great for paninis, as well as grilling meat/veggies. The flat "griddle" plates are great for pancakes, etc.

I love it because the plates come out so it's easy to clean.
          She did it!

Comment

What you may also want to try is use any stovetop griddle to make these panini. Just super heat the griddle, place whatever you are making on it and add an alluminum foil wrapped brick on top of the panini. I know that the panini maker grills both sides but the said method is more rustic and old fashioned. I like old fashioned ways.
            sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
            Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

I just use my grill pan as well. The sandwich can be flipped to grill the other side. I don't wrap bricks though. I just put a skillet with some cans in it on top to help weigh it down.

Comment

For those of you looking for a great grill pan, might I suggest the Simply Calphalon Nonstick Grill Pan? I got one for Christmas in 2005 and I love it. It is one of the pans I use the most in my kitchen. It was the top rated grill pan in the November/December 2005 issue of Cook's Illustrated.
                Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

I have a non-stick grill pan and a cast iron grill pan. I rally love the cast iron one the most...

Comment

Thanks all. I've been doing some research on your recommendations.

Cuisinart Griddler: Looks fantastic - but also very large. Are the hinges just floating or are they adjustable. One of the problems we've come across with the other grillers we have is that the lid is so heavy that the sandwiches become way too flat when cooking.

Cuisinart Panini maker looks a lot like the Breville we are looking at in W-S. Except it doesn't have the drip tray if you want to do meats. It is a much better price, tho'!

Love the grill pan with press you suggested, SusieP! Very low-tech. Love Crate and Barrel too!

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                      Thanks all. I've been doing some research on your recommendations.

Cuisinart Griddler: Looks fantastic - but also very large. Are the hinges just floating or are they adjustable. One of the problems we've come across with the other grillers we have is that the lid is so heavy that the sandwiches become way too flat when cooking.

Cuisinart Panini maker looks a lot like the Breville we are looking at in W-S. Except it doesn't have the drip tray if you want to do meats. It is a much better price, tho'!

Love the grill pan with press you suggested, SusieP! Very low-tech. Love Crate and Barrel too!
                      The Griddler IS kind of bulky. The hinges are floating, not adjustable and yes, the lid is heavy. It works really well with firm breads like ciabatta, but not so much if you just want say, a plain old grilled cheese on white.
                      She did it!

Comment

go to www.kitchencollection.com

Orlando doing good
                        http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                        Princess of Randomness

Comment

I saw the cuisinart one at costco...it had interchangable plates. I think it was $89.99.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X