This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ugh, Worst Mom Ever!

This Vancouver, Washington woman, Rosie Costello, coached her kids to act like they were retarded in order to receive federal money:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2907201

A woman admitted Monday that she coached her two children to fake retardation starting when they were 4 and 8 years old so she could collect Social Security benefits on their behalf.

Rosie Costello, 46, admitted in U.S. District Court that she collected more than $280,000 in benefits, beginning in the mid-1980s. Most was from Social Security, but the state social services agency paid $53,000.
    There are a ton of news stories out there.

Her kids are grown now and they were still stealing Social Security money until the son went to traffic court where there is a videotape of him being "normal."

Re: Ugh, Worst Mom Ever!

Pretty bad mom, but the title of worst mom ever probably goes to one of the ladies who killed their kids. Yeah.

I wondered how they "acted retarded"?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

Twenty years of practice and coaching.

Seriously depraved woman.

Most women who kill their kids don't plan and act on it for twenty years, so while yes, technically they're the worst, I think 20+ years of wanting your kids to act retarded in order to collect money on their behalf is pretty much the worst thing ever.

Comment

That's awful.

I can't imagine anyone stooping to that level!
        One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
        Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

It seems to me that the really "retarded" person in this story is the mother.

My father used to say that everyone has a scheme for getting rich that will not work.

Comment

Look, Stinkerbell, I made a mistake. Couldn't we have discussed this before you brought it all public? I'm sorry I made you act that way all these years.

No, for real, that's horrible. I can't even imagine the mental anguish those kids went through throughout the years.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
            Mark Twain

Comment

Just like the parents who coached there kids to steal from department stores and garage sales.

Disgusting.:thumbdown
              1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Sounds like a case of Munchausen By Proxy to me.

Comment

reminds me of a 'South Park' episode.

yes....just terrible.
                  Originally posted by Grumpee
                  I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

That's pretty bad
                    "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

Originally posted by Wotan View Post
                      It seems to me that the really "retarded" person in this story is the mother.
                      No doubt. I think she should have to pay all the money back. That just sickens me.

Originally posted by Olympicnut View Post
                      Sounds like a case of Munchausen By Proxy to me.
                      Yea - no kidding. Well stated. What a freak!

Comment

Originally posted by TicTocDragon View Post
                        Just like the parents who coached there kids to steal from department stores and garage sales.

Disgusting.:thumbdown
                        Stealing from garage sales? Really?

And this is just horrible.
                        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
                          I wondered how they "acted retarded"?
                          http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17360272/
                          The Armenian Genocide

Comment

People are sick.
                            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by French25Fan View Post
                              Isn't there something that the Soc.Sec. Dept should need from a Doctor? I mean, if someone is going out on medical leave or maternity leave, in order to collect disability, one needs medical authorization.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X