This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Monica Pier Visit

Last edited by clara; 04-17-2007, 06:32 PM.

Re: Santa Monica Pier Visit

Ya done good! Thanks for taking us along!
    sigpic
    Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

How is it there?

I'm planning on going next weekend.

Comment

How was the area. I haven't been in years. the last time I was there I didn't feel very safe walking around. Is it better? We used to really enjoy going there.

Comment

Great pictures Clara!! Your new camera works great!

I love the picture of the bird in front of the cross. Thats an amazing shot!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
          all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by barfownz View Post
            How is it there?

I'm planning on going next weekend.
            Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
            How was the area. I haven't been in years. the last time I was there I didn't feel very safe walking around. Is it better? We used to really enjoy going there.

Well I was there in the middle of the day and I didn't feel UN-safe. We walked on the boardwalk and through the carnival area. There was security walking around. It was rather hot there today to. My son enjoyed the arcade games and they had little boats that you can play with.

There were lots of families with kids. I liked it.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
              Great pictures Clara!! Your new camera works great!

I love the picture of the bird in front of the cross. Thats an amazing shot!

You know...I must have looked like a goofball to people as I was kneeling down pretty much to the birds level to get that shot. Those crosses were only about 1 1/2 feet from the ground.

Thanks Pengy!

Comment

Originally posted by claribella View Post

Well I was there in the middle of the day and I didn't feel UN-safe. We walked on the boardwalk and through the carnival area. There was security walking around. It was rather hot there today to. My son enjoyed the arcade games and they had little boats that you can play with.

There were lots of families with kids. I liked it.
                Is there a rollercoaster and farris wheel?

Comment

Is there a rollercoaster and farris wheel?
                  Yes, I got some shots of both.

Rollercoaster

Ferris Wheel

Comment

I've been at night before - just the guys on a Saturday Night during the Summer time. We usually felt pretty safe.

The street performers can be really really great - or ridiculous.

We enjoy 3rd Street Promenade and all the shopping - which is just a block or so away or so by the Santa Monica Place.

One time, my old friend James and I were there at night and we saw this, what appeared to be, homeless fellow making out with a tree. You can imagine our shock - and giggling - but really, that's so sad.

If you go, have fun - but always be on guard and that goes for anywhere you go really.

Comment

Is that the same Farris wheel that Miley Cyrus was on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4EC-RoUA0

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post

If you go, have fun - but always be on guard and that goes for anywhere you go really.
                        we used to go all the time. At least twice a month. It was fun, but then it started going downhill and our last visit we left almost as soon as we got there. I really didn't feel safe at all. This was also about the same time the german tourist was shot and killed. Hopefully, it's better now. I will have to go again. It has been years since I've been....probably 8 to 10 years.

Comment

Wife and I went, oh gosh - summer 2005. Walked around...mostly on 3rd Street and then went to Barnes & Noble. We'd actually been to the PF Chang's there on Wilshire a couple of times. And then she noticed that there was a Sur Le Tab (I'm sure I'm botching that one up) which is some 'high end' cooking store that Rachael Ray and other "Food Network Stars" talk about - so she's told me that she WILL buy something from there soon - even if it's jus a spatula.

Comment

Is that the same Farris wheel that Miley Cyrus was on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL4EC-RoUA0

Uh maybe? I really couldn't tell.

I've been to 3rd Street Promenade and liked it. There was a Sports Bar there that I liked. This was about 5 years ago so I don't remember it.

Comment

Clara awesome photos as usual.. I love the santa monica pier.. used to go every saturday with hubby when we lived in fullerton as he would run with his running group by the beach.. I miss it so much

thanks so much for sharing my friend

Friends for life

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X