This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Pox?

If you've had the Chicken Pox, how old were you when you got them?

Me? I was about 13 - Summer 1984 - and then my brother and cousin got them, then my sister and other cousin got them, then my other cousin got them......

Summer of 1984 was a 'bad' summer.

Re: Chicken Pox?

I was in second or third grade. My daughter was two or three when she had them.

Comment

I never did, but my sister did. The doctor thought that I may be resitant, but who knows. That is why I stay away from anyone who might have them. I don't want to be itchy!

Comment

I had them very young, can't remember what age I was though. My Biology teacher said children should be exposed to this early because if they get it during their later years, it would be worse for their body to deal with.

Comment

I don't think I ever had them. But when Kyle was four, he got a really mild case..just a few spots here and there then was fine the next day. But Courtney and Brittany got them right after that and their cases were terrible. I was pregnant with Tiffany and din't want to take any chances so my MIL came and got my twins and nursed them back to health for me. It was nicest thing she ever did for me!

Comment

About 5 yo. Every square inch of my skin had them.
            Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
            2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
            2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
            sigpic

Comment

I never did get them. My brother did when I was about 10. My Mom made me play in the same room as him for 2 days,so that I would get them over with at the same time, I never did. Now that I am in my 30's I got the immunization about a year ago, since I don't want Shingles as I hear it is PAINFULL! My daughter was also immunized for them when she was 4(it's part of the paid for regular immunizations here).

Comment

Originally posted by Trekkie Dad View Post
                About 5 yo. Every square inch of my skin had them.
                Originally posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
                I had them very young, can't remember what age I was though. My Biology teacher said children should be exposed to this early because if they get it during their later years, it would be worse for their body to deal with.
                I had chicken pox upon chicken pox. My Dad said I looked like I had leprosy - I wish, hindsight, that they'd taken a picture of me - my face was full of them - luckily, didn't have much scarring, other than scar on my forehead - but it's pretty unnoticeable - course I've been looking at it for almost 23 years, so I guess I'm used to it.
                HA

Comment

I was a senior in high school so... 17 or so? I remember looking in the mirror at rehearsal and asking how you know if you have chicken pox!! I then gave them from a teacher... luckily she was OK but it was scary (Yes Wrassler, you can get something bad the older you are - scarlet fever? Something. I've know two adults who got them and it was a scary time) !

I still have 2 scars on my face from them (my first one an my biggest nastiest one). wheeee
                  Good morning, son
                  In twenty years from now
                  Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                  And I can tell you 'bout today
                  And how I picked you up and everything changed
                  It was pain
                  Sunny days and rain
                  I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I'm 19 and I've never had them. Neither has my twin bro.

Comment

My teacher also recommended that if kids have not gotten them atleast by 5, parents should make an attempt to get their children exposed to it, just so they don't get the Pox during their adulthood.

Comment

i was about 8 or so....it was bad
                        I also ended up getting german measles a yaer or so after.
                        my daughter got chicken pox before she stated school, whoever my son now 7 hasnt had them yet. I am thinking of having him immunised for it.
                        GrouchyRob Fan!!
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm 15, never had had them. but my youngest brother did when he was 6.

Comment

I was 13. Missed the last 2 weeks of my 7th grade year. I got them from a kid that sat next to me in Geography. I remember him signing my yearbook saying "I am sorry i gave you the chicken pox." :lmao:
                            Katie :yea:
                            Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                            :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

I was 4. I ran around in my underwear with potholders on my hands so I wouldn't scratch. And my mom purposely exposed me so i would have it before Kindergarten. And since I am currently writing a paper on vaccinations (not immunizations because they don't make children immune) I won't vaccinate my children against it. The Chicken pox vaccine is only 70% effective anyway.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X