X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRIP REPORT New Hampshire/New York 31st March - 7th April

Yikes.

I just got back from a week long trip to the East Coast of the USA, with five days skiing in the mountains of New Hampshire and then two days in the Big Apple - I haven't skiied before, nor had I visited New York before, so it was a trip full of new experiences. Probably one of the best holidays I have ever been on for a very long time. I visited with a school group, and had been saving up for just under a year so I had quite a large amount of spending money to blow.

We stayed at the Beacon Resort in Lincoln, NH, and visited the skiing resorts of Loon Mountain and Bretton Woods. I am not really a sporty person, but I could go skiing again and again. It is an unbelievable experience and you cannot explain it easily to anyone unless they have skiied. The food was great, everyone was really friendly, and I loved getting funny looks when people heard my accent . We also visit a mall an hour and a half away in New Hampshire where I blew $400 in two hours. Don't give me that look, I had been working my butt off and saving for months!

loved New York, and there are things that haven't been done to lure me back - I would love to visit the Lady Liberty, and of course take in a show or three - I was angry that there were billboards all over for The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Mary Poppins tempting me but I couldn't see any of them .

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the photos. These are a selection from my own camera, but I have a load taken on other peoples cameras so these will be added as I acquire them.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Re: TRIP REPORT New Hampshire/New York 31st March - 7th April

great trip report. lucky you got to go to the snow i never go. i only went twice to Big Bear.
    *Thecoolestaw*

Comment

Great trip report. Did a similar trip earlier this year except I boarded Vermont then spent some time in NYC. Looks like you guys had a blast.
      Originally posted by Grumpee
      I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Awesome trip report! Thank you.

Comment

Great TR Speedway. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

You touched on something that also really bothered me the last time I was near where the towers once stood. I was horrified and angry that people would set up tables and (this was a couple of years ago) actually be selling photos and videos of the planes flying into the buildings. It made me so mad I had to leave the area and go back to midtown. What should be a place of reverence was ruined by these cheap peddlers who will do anything to make a buck and the people that actually pay for that crap.
          One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Originally posted by Mouse princess
          Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

Comment

Looks like you had a great time visiting my neck of the woods

Great pics
            ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Nice, Speedway - thanks for sharing your photos and trip w/ us.

I've never been to NY myself but hope to get out there one day. Glad you had a great time skiing - it is really fun, isn't it? Next time, you'll have to ski somewhere on the west coast.
              She did it!

Comment

Outstanding trip report, thanks for sharing.

Also, I want to commend you on your level of class you demonstrated at ground zero. You are a very honorable person to have that level of respect for ground zero, and I want to thank you. I only hope that U.S. tourists behave as honorably in the UK, as you did here.

Cheers.

Comment

Wow, what an adventure you took! I really liked your report with the pics. Thanks for sahring

Comment

Thanks for the report and the ther great pictures.
                    I tried skiing once (I grew up in NY State) and hated it! Glad you enjoyed it
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Great TR! I am going back to NYC in May and your TR helped me get even more excited about it so thank you for that.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X