Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Major Tsunami warning issued for the ENTIRE West Coast from 8:20 to 10:20 PM PDT

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Tsunami warning issued for the ENTIRE West Coast from 8:20 to 10:20 PM PDT

I am going to do some research, but they just broke into the NBA finals with this news!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

wow, thats kinda scary especially if they have it pinned down specifically to two hours...
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Damn. My house is no longer in a flood zone but it IS in a Tsuname Innundation Zone.

Comment

WTF? Are you serious? How far does that go? My Dad and sisters live in HB.
        �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

Holy Crap ... Half of my family lives within half a mile of the pacific ... oh ... oh my gosh ... I better call them.
          Originally posted by drunkmom
          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

I am on the East Coast but that SUCKS!

Comment

For those that don't know why...

8.0 earthquake hit 300 miles off the coast of Northern California. If you click on the link..you will notice the BIG red square on the top left hand corner.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

Comment

I can't find any info on it. Maybe its just for So cal. There's nothing on my local channels here.
                I find it hard
                It's hard to find
                Oh well, whatever, nevermind

Comment

So what happens? Are people supposed to evacuate? Can they pinpoint where is mos tdangerous?
                  �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I just got the message on MSN- praying for everyone in Norcal.

They have been watching the faultlines in the pacific for months now- this was only a matter of time
                    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                    Help support the site you love:
                    -Visit the MiceChat store
                    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

If it hits, looks like the San Pedro areas around 10 PM per KNX 1070 AM radio.

Comment

This is information directly from the USGS....

A major earthquake occurred at 7:50:54 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, June 14, 2005.
                        The magnitude 7.0 event occurred 146 km (91 miles) WSW of Crescent City, CA.
                        The hypocentral depth is 10 km ( 6 miles).

Comment

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/ptwc/wmsg

TSUNAMI BULLETIN NUMBER 001
                          PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS
                          ISSUED AT 0259Z 15 JUN 2005

THIS BULLETIN IS FOR ALL AREAS OF THE PACIFIC BASIN EXCEPT
                          ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.

... TSUNAMI INFORMATION BULLETIN ...

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. THERE IS NO TSUNAMI WARNING
                          OR WATCH IN EFFECT.

AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS

ORIGIN TIME - 0251Z 15 JUN 2005
                          COORDINATES - 41.3 NORTH 125.7 WEST
                          LOCATION - OFF COAST OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
                          MAGNITUDE - 7.4

EVALUATION

NO DESTRUCTIVE PACIFIC-WIDE TSUNAMI THREAT EXISTS BASED ON
                          HISTORICAL EARTHQUAKE AND TSUNAMI DATA.

HOWEVER - EARTHQUAKES OF THIS SIZE SOMETIMES GENERATE LOCAL
                          TSUNAMIS THAT CAN BE DESTRUCTIVE ALONG COASTS LOCATED WITHIN
                          A HUNDRED KILOMETERS OF THE EARTHQUAKE EPICENTER. AUTHORITIES
                          IN THE REGION OF THE EPICENTER SHOULD BE AWARE OF THIS
                          POSSIBILITY AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.

THIS WILL BE THE ONLY BULLETIN ISSUED FOR THIS EVENT UNLESS
                          ADDITIONAL INFORMATION BECOMES AVAILABLE.

THE WEST COAST/ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER WILL ISSUE BULLETINS
                          FOR ALASKA - BRITISH COLUMBIA - WASHINGTON - OREGON - CALIFORNIA.
                          Originally posted by drunkmom
                          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Well, we'll keep watch. I'm in Long Beach just South of Pedro and about 3 miles from the ocean. I'm not worried at this point about a Tsuname, more concerned for those in the quake zone.

Comment

Here is the updated message....

WEPA41 PAAQ 150256
                              TSUWCA

TO - TSUNAMI WARNING SYSTEM PARTICIPANTS IN
                              ALASKA/BRITISH COLUMBIA/WASHINGTON/OREGON/CALIFORNIA
                              FROM - WEST COAST AND ALASKA TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER/NOAA/NWS
                              SUBJECT - TSUNAMI WARNING BULLETIN - INITIAL
                              BULLETIN NUMBER 1
                              ISSUED 06/15/2005 AT 0256 UTC

...A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS
                              FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF
                              VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE...

...A TSUNAMI WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS FROM
                              THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. TO SITKA-AK...

...AT THIS TIME THIS BULLETIN IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY FOR
                              OTHER AREAS OF ALASKA...

EARTHQUAKE DATA
                              PRELIMINARY MAGNITUDE - 7.4
                              LOCATION - 41.3N 125.7W - 90 MILES NW OF EUREKA-CA.
                              300 MILES NW OF SAN FRANCISCO-CA.
                              TIME - 1851 ADT 06/14/2005
                              1951 PDT 06/14/2005
                              0251 UTC 06/15/2005

EVALUATION
                              IT IS NOT KNOWN - REPEAT NOT KNOWN - IF A TSUNAMI EXISTS BUT A
                              TSUNAMI MAY HAVE BEEN GENERATED. THEREFORE PERSONS IN LOW
                              LYING COASTAL AREAS SHOULD BE ALERT TO INSTRUCTIONS FROM THEIR
                              LOCAL EMERGENCY OFFICIALS. PERSONS ON THE BEACH SHOULD MOVE TO
                              HIGHER GROUND IF IN A WARNED AREA. TSUNAMIS MAY BE A SERIES OF
                              WAVES WHICH COULD BE DANGEROUS FOR SEVERAL HOURS AFTER THE
                              INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL.

$$
                              PZZ130-131-133-134-132-135-150-153-156-110-250-210-255-350-
                              353-356-450-455-550-530-535-555-670-673-650-655-750-WAZ001-
                              002-005-006-007-008-009-010-011-013-014-015-016-021-ORZ001-
                              002-021-022-CAZ001-002-005-007-006-075-074-009-034-035-039-
                              040-046-041-042-043-150456-
                              COASTAL AREAS FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE
                              NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE.

...A TSUNAMI WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS
                              FROM THE CALIFORNIA-MEXICO BORDER TO THE NORTH TIP OF
                              VANCOUVER I.-BC. INCLUSIVE...

ESTIMATED TIMES OF INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL
                              CRESCENT CITY-CA 2029 PDT JUN 14 ASTORIA-OR 2154 PDT JUN 14
                              CHARLESTON-OR 2044 PDT JUN 14 TOFINO-BC 2157 PDT JUN 14
                              SAN FRANCISCO-CA 2123 PDT JUN 14 SAN PEDRO-CA 2200 PDT JUN 14
                              SEASIDE-OR 2126 PDT JUN 14 LA JOLLA-CA 2214 PDT JUN 14
                              NEAH BAY-WA 2148 PDT JUN 14
                              $$
                              PKZ032-031-042-034-033-035-041-036-AKZ023-024-025-026-028-
                              029-027-150456-
                              COASTAL AREAS FROM THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. TO
                              SITKA-AK.

...A TSUNAMI WATCH IS IN EFFECT FOR THE COASTAL AREAS FROM
                              THE NORTH TIP OF VANCOUVER I.-BC. TO SITKA-AK...

ESTIMATED TIMES OF INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL
                              LANGARA-BC 2244 PDT JUN 14 KETCHIKAN-AK 2257 ADT JUN 14
                              SITKA-AK 2227 ADT JUN 14
                              $$
                              PKZ176-175-172-170-171-155-150-132-136-138-137-130-141-140-
                              120-121-129-127-125-126-128-052-051-053-022-012-043-013-
                              011-021-AKZ191-185-181-171-145-111-101-121-125-131-135-017-
                              020-018-019-021-022-150456-
                              COASTAL AREAS FROM SITKA-AK. TO ATTU-AK.

...TSUNAMI INFORMATION STATEMENT...

NO - REPEAT NO - TSUNAMI WATCH OR WARNING IS IN EFFECT FOR
                              THE COASTAL AREAS FROM SITKA-AK. TO ATTU-AK.

FOR INFORMATION ONLY - ESTIMATED TIMES OF INITIAL WAVE ARRIVAL
                              YAKUTAT-AK 2317 ADT JUN 14 CORDOVA-AK 0007 ADT JUN 15
                              KODIAK-AK 2332 ADT JUN 14 DUTCH HARBOR-AK 0013 ADT JUN 15
                              JUNEAU-AK 2334 ADT JUN 14 COLD BAY-AK 0034 ADT JUN 15
                              SEWARD-AK 2339 ADT JUN 14 ADAK-AK 0038 ADT JUN 15
                              VALDEZ-AK 2357 ADT JUN 14 HOMER-AK 0044 ADT JUN 15
                              SAND PT.-AK 2358 ADT JUN 14 SHEMYA-AK 0119 ADT JUN 15
                              $$

THE PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER AT EWA BEACH HAWAII WILL
                              ISSUE BULLETINS FOR OTHER AREAS OF THE PACIFIC.

BULLETINS WILL BE ISSUED HOURLY OR SOONER IF CONDITIONS
                              WARRANT. THE TSUNAMI WATCH/WARNING WILL REMAIN IN EFFECT
                              UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. REFER TO THE INTERNET SITE
                              WCATWC.ARH.NOAA.GOV FOR MORE INFORMATION AND ETA SITES.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X