This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cinco de Mayo Plans, Anyone?

Not that I actually celebrate it, but it's a 'big day' in the way of parties and such....so do any of you have any plans for the day?

Re: Cinco de Mayo Plans, Anyone?

No, it's not my holiday to celebrate!!!!! I don't mean that to be rude, but really, I think it's a slap in the face to my pastor (who is from Mexico) if i celebrate a holiday that has nothing to do with my culture.

Now if I were invited to a party by the Hispanic community at my church i would go. However, for me to throw a party or specifically go out and celebrate doesn't feel right to me.
    Last edited by Disneykat; 05-04-2007, 06:34 AM.
    Katie :yea:
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Well, being half Mexican, I feel it is my duty to get raging drunk on tequila and Dos Equis. :lol:

Kidding! I'm going to a very special 4 year old girl's birthday party, then spending some quality time with friends.
      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
        No, it's not my holiday to celebrate!!!!!
        That's exactly how I see it. It makes no sense to me - I'm not degrading it, but it's not OUR Holiday. It would be like English people in London celebrating our 4th of July.

Comment

I'll be celebrating it with Kebab & Hamous...
          Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
            That's exactly how I see it. It makes no sense to me - I'm not degrading it, but it's not OUR Holiday. It would be like English people in London celebrating our 4th of July.

yeah, don't we celebrate Jean Baptiste Day in California?
            Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

Comment

We are having a HUGE Cinco de Mayo themed party tomorrow for my son's 13th b'day :yea:
              ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Graduation.
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

We will be watching game seven of the Dallas / Golden State....oh wait...

Actually we are filling up the Keg, mixing margaritas and having some our friends over to pay way too much for the Mayweather / De La Hoya fight. I can't wait, with the sport in the shape it is right now, this may be one of the last big fights we ever have.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Originally posted by goofygoof View Post
                    yeah, don't we celebrate Jean Baptiste Day in California?
                    Yes - and I'll be having a huge Bastille Day party in July. :lol: Please join us and wear your best French clothing.

Comment

Or like celebrating St Patrick's day when you aren't Irish???
                      Katie :yea:
                      Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
                      :sc: FIGHT ON!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMof2 View Post
                        We are having a HUGE Cinco de Mayo themed party tomorrow for my son's 13th b'day :yea:
                        This is a cool idea, actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Disneykat View Post
                          Or like celebrating St Patrick's day when you aren't Irish???
                          Exactly.

Comment

This is a cool idea, actually.
                            I'm a believer in celebrating life so even if you are not a certain race or religion go and explore what they have to offer
                            ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

we are goinng to a company picnic .. (hubbys) not really sure if it is themed cinco de mayo though.. but still will be fun.. THEN IN THE EVENING.. GOING TO SEE CELINE DION:yea:

Friends for life

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X