X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Doritos Flavor

Has anyone else seen this?

There's a new flavor of Doritos. It comes in a black bag and it's labeled with "X-13D".

Our "mission" is to figure out the flavor and submit a name to the corporation. If you win, you get a year's supply of Doritos and apparently become a "taste tester".

Anyway, I couldn't resist trying a new flavor so I bought it. I had to wait until I got home because I knew my husband would want to try it too. So while I was sitting around at work I read the ingredients and was able to figure out the flavor pretty quickly. I was skeptical, to say the least ("who wants *that* on a chip?")

It's actually really good! It tastes just like
    Spoiler
    a McDonald's happy meal cheeseburger, to me anyway. It's basically a triple cheeseburger with lots of ketchup. :lol:
    . Bryan likes it, too, which is *really* saying something.

Just thought I'd let you guys know about it. IF someone doesn't want to look at the spoiler boxes, let's just say it's not exactly a flavor you'd want to combine with sandwiches. It's definitely a snack chip flavor. :lol:
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Re: New Doritos Flavor

I tried it last week because the bag caught my attention. I didn't look at the ingredients, but knew what it was the instant I tasted it. I have to say that it is a flavor I just wouldn't want in a chip.

If they do start making them though I have no clue what they would name it without it sounding silly.

Comment

Sounds horrible, I think I'll pass on this one.
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I tried that flavor last weekend. I think you're on the right track because I really thought it tasted like
        Spoiler
        a cheeseburger. The only difference for me is that I thought it tasted like one I'd eat at a family picnic or bbq. Not only did I taste ketchup, but also mustard, pickles, onions, and just a hint of smokey.
        I think this is a fun marketing gimmick on their part. I even visited the website and won a free Doritos t-shirt. That one had to do with the Flavor Competition promo from earlier in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy999 View Post
          Sounds horrible, I think I'll pass on this one.
          You know, when I thought about the flavor, it didn't seem that appealing. I mean, it's
          Spoiler
          a cheeseburger.
          However, just based on taste, I actually like it.

Comment

I definitely will try it.
            Spoiler
            My favorite Hotpocket is the cheeseburger one for that same reason. You can taste the ketchup and mustard along with the meat and cheese.
            Last edited by jane2073; 05-18-2007, 05:41 PM. Reason: Premature posting.

Comment

I seen these today and i had to buy!Very catching packaging. And all I have to say about them is.......
              YUCK!!!!!!!!!
              I agree with YkiKi in regards to the flavor. Definetly something I would think of for a chip.
              sigpic

"What would you like most to do - what is your dream?"
              Proud volunteer for the Dream Factory of
              St. Louis.
              check out web site: www.stldreamfactory.org

Comment

Sounds disgusting. I think i'll pass.
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

this reminds me of those harry potter jelly beans!

Comment

How about this for the name of their new taste:

Spoiler

BLECCCCHHHHH~Burger
                    or
                    Barf Burger
                    Last edited by Aladdin; 05-18-2007, 08:57 PM.
                    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

hey, that sounds better than what they did here!! They bought out chips meant to taste like a meat pie (an Aussie staple LOL). They even have a meat pie pizza at Dominos at the moment..

Another pizza company out here made a "USA" pizza that had sliced hotdogs abd mustard ICKKK!

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
                      Originally Posted by MWalton
                      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

I am going to have to try these now. My curiosity is getting the best of me!!!!!!!!

Comment

it's a blessing! lol j/k

i only eat a burger once or wice a month so hey, if they are good, they will save me, lol but i don't know, i have a problem with eating something that my mind has attached a flavor to that doen't match the flavor.

Comment

Ain't it grand that we live in a society that is so successful, that we have the time, money and inclination to create a junk food that mimics the flavor of another junk food!
                            "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
                            -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Comment

^LOL. I dont know if this is something I would enjoy, but the kids might. May have to try and find some and taste them.
                              *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X