This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kona Coffee

Anyone tried it? The coffee shop next door to our business has a Kona Mocha. I think the Kona is the Kona Blend the description talks about, but even if it is just the 10% Kona and the rest Brazilian or Colombian, it is SOOOOOO much better than any other coffee drink I've ever tasted! It's rich, complex, and just so flavorful!

Anyone?
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Re: Kona Coffee

Kona coffee is my favorite type of coffee(sumatra right behind) I LOVE it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

My BIL is a HUGE Kona coffee fan -- it is the only kind he will drink.

Comment

I don't prefer Kona. It tastes too much like a flavored coffee to me. I don't know why.

Comment

I LOVE Kona coffee. I get it for free since all I sell is Hawaii. So it's never a problem to get my hands on some

Comment

Kona coffee is my favorite! A coffee shop around here just started selling Kona, too, and I'm thrilled about it.

Originally posted by crystaltink View Post
            I LOVE Kona coffee. I get it for free since all I sell is Hawaii. So it's never a problem to get my hands on some
            Where do you work? Do you get 100%. 100% is awesome, but I can't always afford it. Blend is much better than regular ground coffee, though.
            "All our dreams can come true.....if we have the courage to pursue them."
            - Walt Disney

Comment

Only 100% Kona here when we do Kona coffee (which is about 70% of the time). Although we do collect the 10% Blend packets that are standard issue in the hotels and condos in Hawaii...and they come in handy on occasion back home. Nowhere near as good as 100% Kona though.

Comment

Coffee, in general, is my passion. I've taken classes on it and been drinking the stuff since I was 14ish.

And Kona? Beautiful, when you can find some that isn't just a 'cut.'

One of the very few complaints I have of the Disney Resorts is their lack of coffee. Oh sure, there's that Nestle stuff....

Peace,
                Roo
                husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Kona coffee is the reason we are coffee snobs today. We first had it three years ago at the Kona Cafe at Disney.

Folgers and Maxwell house just won't do any more. We also like French roast. Right now we enjoy Don Francisco. It is not too expensive and very yummy.

Comment

100% Kona is heavenly. If you like that, try Jamacian Blue Mountain. It is a bit expensive, but so worth it.

Comment

Ms Witt,

I've had Haitian Blue VooDoo blends...would that be similar, if not the same flavor?

Peace,
                      Roo
                      husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

Roo, I've never had that kind, so I would not know how to compare it to Jamacian Blue Mountain. All I know is that there is not much land to grow this coffee and therefore the price is high. It does have a smooth taste to it. The only places I can find this coffee is on the internet. If you ever try some, let me know what you think.

Comment

I love Kona coffee....especially when I'm buying it right in Hawai!

Comment

Kona coffee is fine , but be aware that like al ot of other coffee there are quality grades of coffee and saying %100 kona on the bag does not mean that its %100 high quality coffee

high quality meaning , high elevation , shade grown , sturdy dense beans

My Maleficent tattoo

Comment

It'll typically mention on the bag and say 10% kona coffee. You'll know it's real because it'll mention 100% and the price is quite a bit more (but well worth it)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X