This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grilling Time Baby!

So it is that time of year again, finally.

BBQ season!!! Teriyaki Pineapple Burgers.seemhumor. Just to make that clear.

Re: Grilling Time Baby!

One of my fave things to make is grilled veggies, and then refrigerate the leftovers for a salad the next day.

My usual fresh fare consists of yellow squash, zucchini, red bell peppers, green chilies, onions, asparagus, and corn. For the squash and zucchini, I halve those lengthwise, and then soak them in a shallow pan of balsamic vinegar and some herbs for about 20 minutes prior to grilling. The other stuff I just grill straight-up and enjoy their natural flavors.
    disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyphile View Post
      One of my fave things to make is grilled veggies, and then refrigerate the leftovers for a salad the next day.

My usual fresh fare consists of yellow squash, zucchini, red bell peppers, green chilies, onions, asparagus, and corn. For the squash and zucchini, I halve those lengthwise, and then soak them in a shallow pan of balsamic vinegar and some herbs for about 20 minutes prior to grilling. The other stuff I just grill straight-up and enjoy their natural flavors.
      Hey, your a copy cat! I do the same thing.

I bbq at least 5 times a week, love it. Back in January I broke my ankle pretty bad (and still bad) and was unable to bbq (its down on the dock) so my wife went and bought be a little weber for the lanai. I hobble with the food to the bbq, put whatever on the grill, sit down, my wife brings me out a cold beer and when the food is done she comes out and helps me and the food in. Ah, what a life!

Comment

We'll be staying at my parents' house next weekend to house/dog sit. We're already dreaming about having access to a grill (our apartment complex is super strict and the "community" grill just isn't appealing as it's at the entrance and we're in the back).

Bryan also will only BBQ with charcoal. He loves the wood briquettes that are easy to find at Publix or Kroger. Kroger is known for being very BBQ friendly as far as supplies go. They have applewood, cherrywood, oak, hickory and of course... Bryan's secret weapon... chopped up Jack Daniels barrels! :yea:

My parents also have a smoker that we utilize at least once when we do these housesitting trips. His ribs are the best and are an all day venture - which is awesome being able to sit out on the deck with a couple of cold ones like an atypical family who doesn't have a care in the world.

I'll take notes and definitely report into this thread with more details as far as technique/recipes go. I've never really paid attention because I'm always in the kitchen trying to keep everything somewhat clean so clean-up after dinner isn't so bad. :lol:

Edit: Btw, those teriyaki burgers sound delish!
        "But every night, when it gets dark
        and the stars come out,
        I'll look up on her behalf.
        I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

I swear to god when I was scanning the threads I thought this said "grilling the baby" :lol:

Anyway, I like grilling I just can't do it for diddly. Oh well, that's what other people are for, to grill me some steak, or chicken, or burgers, right?

Comment

I loooove grilled meats, but I will have nothing to do with grilled veggies. I'm a grilling snob. :lol:
            Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

The only "veggies" we grill is corn on the cob and potatoes.
              and the stars come out,

Comment

Yes it definitely is grilling season. We make just about everything on the grill. My favorite is chicken skewers with potatoes, usually with terriaki sauce. So Yummy!

My MIL makes everything on the grill including french fries, they are actually really good and crispy!

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I dont grill or any of that but jazzman Id like to come over and have some teriyaki pineapple burgers. Please and thank you.
                  "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Oh yeah baby.....Costco and Summer BBQing....like America and Apple Pie!
                    We threw down some serious ribs, lamb, salmon and chicken over the Memorial Day weekend. I have to say, of all the grillings, the ribs are still the best. The hub par broils them in beer in the oven 350degrees for about 20mins-30mns (depending on the quality of ribs)...then it's off to the grill for SLooooooooooooooow finish (at least an hour, keep turnin' those babies!)...all the while coating them with his homemade enfuego sauce realizing a dark carmelly crisp goodness on the outside red tender fall apart meat on the inside.....WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I'm so glad today's friday, I am off to COSTCO!!
                    Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

I love BBQ'ing too! I've gotten the whole family hooked on my steaks with a dry rub that I make.

Now I'm being begged to do this corn I did last summer.
                      Mix butter, the powdered cheese from macaroni and cheese, and some chilli powder in a bowl, then smear it on the cob. Fold the husk back over it, wrap in foil and throw it on the grill for a while.
                      Yummy!

For dessert on the grill, cut some peaches in half. Drizzle them with brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and some butter. Wrap in foil and heat for like 10 minutes. They're sooooo good!

Comment

We have an indoor grill, so every day is grilling season!
                        spunky likes to suck that 3rd nipple(why am I your sig line........freak)! - Posted by my good friend Samsma

Comment

Me and my dad love grilling (or BBQ'in) Steaks, Ribs, Shrimp, and sometimes Kebobs! Lets have fun in BBQ SEASON!
                          A spartan on the outside, guitarist in the inside

OKLAHOMA
                          ROCKS!!!!

Comment

Today we're having salmon!

It gets "the treatment" with all sorts of fresh herbs and Magic Salmon Seasoning, then gets smoked and grilled over applewood.

It's yummy!
                            and the stars come out,

Comment

That sounds great, Tracecub!

I guess living in So Cal, we can BBQ almost every weekend. Some of our favs are hamburgers, hotdogs, tri-tip, halibut, salmon, corn and veggies in the basket. I really like to grill up jumbo scallops, too. A little butter and chives...yum!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X