Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update On My Educational Goals....

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Update On My Educational Goals....

    Once again I want to thank all of you who gave great feedback and support about my decision to wanting to return to school and get that degree. Update:

    I went to day and talked with an advisor and CSUF and she went over all of my transcripts and pulled out all of my transferable courses that would apply for admission to Fullerton. She said I looked to be in a very good position. I do have to take 2 courses at the JC level, before I can apply for admission and they are my Critical Thinking and College Algebra (30 yrs since I took that class in hs), two courses I am not completely interested in, but if I need to take them, then take them I will. If everything falls in line with my work schedule, hopefully this fall I can enroll in one of those courses and get the ball rolling. I am pretty excited about this new endeavor in my life. I will probably get basic Algebra books from the book store to refreshen what I learned in high school.

  • #2
    Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

    Cool. I'm glad you got the ball rolling on all this.

    BTW I love love love Algebra. If you can find me a job where all i have to do is solve complex Algebra problems for 8 hours a day, I'll take it.

    Good luck!
    The Armenian Genocide

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

      Congratulations PI! The longest journey begins with the proverbial first step, and you've obviously taken that!

      Good to see another proud Titan on the way! (CSUF alum here).

      Nice going!

      --Barry
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

        good job...my phobia of math is keeping me from moving forward...maybe i can talk frenchy into dressing up like a man and pretending she's me to take the class and exams?
        Three-time MVP Larry Bird, noting that Bryant has been the NBA's premier player for years, told Sports Illustrated's Dan Patrick before this week's announcement, "When someone told me the other day that Kobe hadn't won an MVP trophy, it sort of made me feel like I wanted to throw mine away."

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

          congrads this is great news

          Friends for life

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

            Congrats, that is great news!!!!

            You are going to be very pleasantly surprised at how easy college is as an adult, seriously. I can see it now, in a few years, when you're about to graduate, you'll have to tell me that I was right!

            Well done, enjoy it, it will lead to great things.



            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

              Originally posted by goofygoof View Post
              good job...my phobia of math is keeping me from moving forward...maybe i can talk frenchy into dressing up like a man and pretending she's me to take the class and exams?

              I hear you brotha. I almost had to give up college due to stats, but if I can make it, anyone can. Honestly, if they see you trying, and not doing too well, they will hook you up. In my masters program, my first stats class I got a 67 on the test. Not bad right? Maybe, if it were 67/100 but there were 200 points possible... You see my skills in action?

              The prof offered us extra credit work, if we read a US News article that sited stats in it, we could write a three page paper, that would be worth up to three points. Towards the middle of the course he said if we felt we needed extra points, he would allow us to do more than three extra credit papers.

              The last night of class came, and during the break he asked us if we had any papers. After my classmates dropped off their one or two papers, I walked up to the prof's desk and turned in 25 (yes, 25) extra credit assignments. His eyes got huge, but he said thanks. I flunked the final, but I tried my a-- off. When I got my report card I earned an C+ which was PURE charity. The lesson learned is that as long as they see you trying your best, they'll work with you.

              *Note this only holds true for degrees/professions where you don't need math to live. Engineers, Doctors, etc. better know your stuff!



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

                I was a statistics tutor in college. True story. :geek: I can calculate a z score with the best of them.

                Good luck PLAZA!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

                  Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                  I was a statistics tutor in college. True story. :geek: I can calculate a z score with the best of them.

                  Good luck PLAZA!!

                  NOW you tell me? WTF? I knew you were pure evil, but never have I known the depth of your evilness.



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

                    Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
                    Once again I want to thank all of you who gave great feedback and support about my decision to wanting to return to school and get that degree. Update:

                    I went to day and talked with an advisor and CSUF and she went over all of my transcripts and pulled out all of my transferable courses that would apply for admission to Fullerton. She said I looked to be in a very good position. I do have to take 2 courses at the JC level, before I can apply for admission and they are my Critical Thinking and College Algebra (30 yrs since I took that class in hs), two courses I am not completely interested in, but if I need to take them, then take them I will. If everything falls in line with my work schedule, hopefully this fall I can enroll in one of those courses and get the ball rolling. I am pretty excited about this new endeavor in my life. I will probably get basic Algebra books from the book store to refreshen what I learned in high school.
                    ....and maybe you can help me with my algebra, cuz that's what 's holding me back!!!
                    good luck and congrats!!!

                    Orlando doing good
                    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=9a0_1212091354&p=1

                    www.Myspace.com/butterflytat20
                    Princess of Randomness

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

                      Congratulations on getting the ball rolling PLAZAINN1, that's half the battle! Oooh, I loved Algebra :geek:, but it's tough to remember if you haven't taken it for a while. You'll definitely need a refresher before the class.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

                        I hate math, worst subject for me. I'm an A student and I got a C-! Good luck tho
                        "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

                        http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Update On My Educational Goals....

                          Glad your making the next step. Just think soon you will be able to say you are a college graduate.
                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X