This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age differences in dating

What do you guys thing about age difference in dating? Does it really matter?
    STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
    And, I kiss that frog
    Each time finding
    The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
    He's the Earth and heaven to you

Re: Age differences in dating

Age like Anna Nicole Smith and the Crypt Keeper? lol.

Depends on the Ages, i suppose. 5 years is no difference at all if you are talking 35 and 30. But i sure as hell wouldn't want my 15 year old dating a 20 year old.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

It shouldn't matter, but sometimes it does. I know, vague. Every situation is different. It all depends on how mature both parties are and how much they have in common, I guess.

Comment

My sister is 28 and her husband is 40. They've been together 6 years, I think? They're about the same, maturity-wise. :lol:

My husband and I (10 months apart), were just talking about it last night....we worry for them ten years from now. I'm not sure they'll be in the same place then. That's a hell of an age difference at that point....

Comment

Age is always a factor. It doesn't necessarily make or break a relationship, but it will always play a role.
          �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

we used to say that you divide your age in half, then add seven. That was how young you should date.

For example:

a 16 year old can date a 15 year old (16/2=8+7=15)
            A 20 year old can date a 17 year old
            a 28 year old can date a 21 year old
            a 40 year old can date a 27 year old.

I don't really believe it, but it's fun to do.
            St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

Comment

I think it really depends on the people. Of course, someone whos in their 20's or older really shouldnt be going after someone in their teens. Know what Im sayin???
              "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by stinkerbell View Post
                My sister is 28 and her husband is 40. They've been together 6 years, I think? They're about the same, maturity-wise. :lol:

My husband and I (10 months apart), were just talking about it last night....we worry for them ten years from now. I'm not sure they'll be in the same place then. That's a hell of an age difference at that point....
                I dated someone who was a little over 20 years older then myself, at first things were fine - but after two years I started noticing the BIG differences that we had just based on growing up in such different times. After a while he would nit pick about many things I did, or my views on certain subjects and I just got tired of it.

We are good friends now, but I wouldn't go back into a relationship with that much of an age difference again.

Comment

Age does matter, but as was mentioned, it depends on WHEN the ages hit. My GF is six years younger than me.

I strongly feel that a minor should not be dating an adult who is more than two years older. 17 dating 19 is not out of control, but it must be on a case by case basis, and depending on how mature my kid may be. I also think that it can be tricky to date someone who is too young (AKA early 20s) since most people have one foot in their teens, and one in early adulthood.

Really though, whatever works for you, go for it.

Comment

When I was seventeen, my boyfriend was 22. We probably shouldn't have been dating. When I graduated from high school, he graduated from college. Then we stayed together a year after that....so he could relive his college years? I don't know. I dumped him. And he married a girl a year younger than me. :lol:

At the time, that seemed like such a huge age difference. Now? Notsomuch.

Comment

Well the reason I ask is that I just recently ran into a girl i went to high school with. She was with her boyfriend who seems to be 40+.she's 20, big age gap? I think so, but just wondering everyones thoughts on age difference
                      STACIE and YODA-Dland partners for life

And, I , I close my eyes
                      And, I kiss that frog
                      Each time finding
                      The more boys I meet the more I love my dog

Who'd'ya think you're kiddin'
                      He's the Earth and heaven to you

Comment

I met my hubby when I was 22 and he was 31. Now almost 20 years later we are still together. It does freak him out a little bit to think that when he started driving I was in 2nd grade.
                        sigpic

Comment

I say... at least 21 but not old enough to be your parent?
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Depends on the people most definitely.

My sister started dating someone when she was about 20 to someone who was 13 years older than her. They got married in 1993 and have been together ever since and to my bittersweet feelings, they don't seem to be quitting anytime soon.
                            :love: Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.:love:
                            --------------------------------------------------------
                            :ghug:Part of the Disney Ohana:ghug:

--------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by thejoshualee View Post
                              we used to say that you divide your age in half, then add seven. That was how young you should date.
                              I don't really believe it, but it's fun to do.
                              37/2= 18.5 add 7 = 25.5. Huh.

I think certain age ranges are fine. Under 21 vs over 21 might be a problem. Under/over 18 could be a problem. Other than that? As long as you get along, who cares? I had a boss who was 50, dating a guy who was 27 or so. They got along great.
                              I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X