This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball bulletin - Congratulations, Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers

He threw a no-hitter for the Tigers tonight at Detroit's Comerica Park, beating Milwaukee 4-0...baseball's second no-no this year, and the first for Detroit since 1984.

Congratulations to Verlander, the Tigers and their fans.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: Baseball bulletin - Congratulations, Justin Verlander of the Detroit Tigers

:yea: :yea: :yea:

And ESPN had it as BREAKING NEWS!

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
      :yea: :yea: :yea:

And ESPN had it as BREAKING NEWS!
      Well, MiceChat has it as breaking news too! (By the way, it's not breaking anymore...we fixed it...game's over...)
      God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

I remember the last Tiger no hitter when Jack Morris did it in '84.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
          I remember the last Tiger no hitter when Jack Morris did it in '84.
          And that was the year the Tigers started 35-5, and won it all...

--Barry

Comment

Verlander's stuff was absolutely filthy that game. A few good plays by the defense to preserve it. Kudos Justin!

Chad

Comment

^^ Verlander has been with the Tigs for at couple years now at least,

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X