This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Benoit and family found dead

Not sure how many other wrestling fans we have out there, but just thought I'd share this news with you all.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

This is just another tragic loss of an actual wrestling icon. RIP Chris and family.

Re: Chris Benoit and family found dead

You've got a wrestling fan in me. This news is tragic and shocking. He was supposed to wrestle at Vengeance last night against CM Punk (man, what a match that would have been), but was absent at the last minute due to a "family emergency." Then, the next day, he, his wife, and his seven-year-old son turn up dead in their home, leaving behind Benoit's two other sons.

It's SO sad...I mean, seriously. The man LOVED his family and adored the industry. He is TRULY a class act, even among wrestlers, and I think both wrestling fans and those who say it is fake and overlook the emotion, dedication, and physical risk that these performers put into the matches can still appreciate someone with so much passion and dedication for what they did.

Chris, Nancy, and Daniel Benoit, RIP...

EDIT: This was written prior to knowing what we know now. I must retract what I have said here because it was based on what we knew at the time, not what we know now.
    Last edited by Twist_of_Fate; 06-26-2007, 12:20 PM. Reason: New information and details regarding the incident

Comment

We have a post about this in the wrestling club if anyone would like to drop in a talk about it. The wrestling world has lost a truely fantastic superstar. The rest of the Benoit family have lost a Son, Father (Chris has other children) more importantly. My prayers go out to all his and Nancy's families.

R.I.P Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit
      Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
      sigpic

Comment

I watached alot of chris in wcw days. He was of the great's
        . My prayers go out to his family.

Comment

It's so sad what happened. My prayers go out to his family.

I'm very happy to hear, though, that WWE is changing RAW tonight to a memorial. They've always had some class when they lose one of their own.

Comment

Wrestler Chris Benoit and Family Murdered

WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a homicide.Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriff's Department said the three were found at their home about 2:30 p.m., but refused to release details.
            Source

Comment

Re: Wrestler Chris Benoit and Family Murdered

I just read that...sad
              "Pain is temporary, Film is Forever..."

http://www.youtube.com/user/DisneyDude

Comment

I just heard about this one on my radio station that I love to listen too. I found his Find a Grave page during that time too. http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=20095908

It is such, sad news.
                Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

This just breaks my heart. My prayes go out to his and Nancy's families.
                  Micechatter #5053 Looking for our new home in the WDW area! We need to get closer to our "Laughing Place"!
                  sigpic

Comment

This is really awful.
                    This is what the WWE website is saying:
                    It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.

Comment

I haven't been into wrestling much lately but I was a few years back and this really shocked me when I read it! So sad!!

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19424899/

Comment

As details are being released it sounds like Chris killed Nancy and Daniel then himself or atleast that is what Yahoo news has. I hope it's not true but I doesn't look good right now. So tragic.
                          sigpic

Comment

This is very sad .

Comment

Originally posted by draybook View Post
                              Not sure how many other wrestling fans we have out there, but just thought I'd share this news with you all.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

This is just another tragic loss of an actual wrestling icon. RIP Chris and family.
                              Thank you for posting this thread, draybook. Some people call wrestling oriented sports entertainment fake. While the brutality is all an act, the athleticism and gymnastic maneuvers are very real. Wrestlers are performers that are both stuntmen/stuntwomen and actors all rolled into one, simulteniously.

Wrestling is not any less fake than any other television series. The performers are talented and crafty entertainers that have brought to America an act like no other that has ever existed. The antagonists or bad guys stir up all kinds of trouble every week. But, ultimately the good guys most always give them their comeupance.

Chris Benoit was a consumate actor/athlete. I could tell that he had heart and gave it his all each and every time that he appeared in the ring. This is a great and tragic loss for his fellow performers (the McMahan's included), as well as us fans. I am absolutely stunned, and am putting in a prayer for Chris and his family.

Originally posted by Gemini Cricket View Post
                              This is really awful.
                              This is what the WWE website is saying:
                              Their has never been a murder take place of a major wretling performer/entertainer in the history of sports entertinment - including when it wasn;t labeled as such, If it turns out that Benoit took the lives of himself and his family, this will seriously shake the industry.
                              To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X