Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Have Always Wonders About This.........

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I Have Always Wonders About This.........

    Why is it that some people talk with a raspiness at the tail end of their sentences (they start talking with a regular sounding voice and then fade to that raspy sound). I hear this all the time, while I am on the phone on a daily bassis and I have to say it is completely annoying. I also notice this more prevalent with women than men. Does anyone else notice this at all. I have also seen this during tv interviews with certain celebs or news talk shows.

  • #2
    Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

    I know what you mean!! I'm lauging as I read this because I didn't think it bothered people like it does me!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

      I think I do this! :blush: For me, though, it's because I'm not used to finishing my sentences. I have a big family, and we all talk over each other, so I'm generally interrupted before I can finish a thought. Then, when someone LETS me finish a sentence, I kind of get lost, so I 'trail off', and my voice gets 'raspy.' I'll have to remember not to do that anymore...

      Disney has ruined my love life

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

        I have to admit it is sort of an interesting phenom why people do this. lol

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

          Originally posted by cal4iri View Post
          I know what you mean!! I'm lauging as I read this because I didn't think it bothered people like it does me!

          I work in a call center and average around 150- 200 calls a day and let me tell you, I hear it all day long and am yelling out, PLEASE talk like a normal human being. I am wiped out by the end of the day.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

            Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
            I work in a call center and average around 150- 200 calls a day and let me tell you, I hear it all day long and am yelling out, PLEASE talk like a normal human being. I am wiped out by the end of the day.
            Ouch.......I couldn't do it. No way.
            I lose my patience to easy so I'd be fired the first day.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

              I'm trying to picture what you guys are talking about but I can't. :botox:
              http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
              www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
              http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

                Originally posted by Experiment626 View Post
                I'm trying to picture what you guys are talking about but I can't. :botox:
                I'm in the same boat here ... then again if a person trails off I usually stop listening ... )

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

                  Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                  I'm in the same boat here ... then again if a person trails off I usually stop listening ... )
                  LOL, I sometimes do that because I will talk too much without stopping to breathe. I just run out of air. :shy:
                  http://twitter.com/DisneyBrat
                  www.foursquare.com/user/disneybrat
                  http://www.facebook.com/Melissa.M.Solorzano

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

                    It happens to me when my voice starts to go. But then I clear my throat and I'm fine until the next time.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

                      Originally posted by PLAZAINN1 View Post
                      Why is it that some people talk with a raspiness at the tail end of their sentences (they start talking with a regular sounding voice and then fade to that raspy sound). I hear this all the time, while I am on the phone on a daily bassis and I have to say it is completely annoying. I also notice this more prevalent with women than men. Does anyone else notice this at all. I have also seen this during tv interviews with certain celebs or news talk shows.
                      While not an unknown phenomena, this is a somewhat rare condition, and it is distantly related to Foreign Accent Syndrome, where people inexplicably begin speaking in a poor imitation of an accent known to a region they've never visited in their lives. FAS is a much more common ailment, striking one in every twenty thousand people every day.

                      Nobody is sure what causes these, but it is thought to be linked to the left side of the brain, where the speech centers lie. In several cases, it does not begin until after a somewhat traumatic head injury. Further research will undoubtedly shed some light on the causes, and any potential cures, to these mysterious and annoying speech disorders.
                      Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

                        Originally posted by sunnygirl View Post
                        While not an unknown phenomena, this is a somewhat rare condition, and it is distantly related to Foreign Accent Syndrome, where people inexplicably begin speaking in a poor imitation of an accent known to a region they've never visited in their lives. FAS is a much more common ailment, striking one in every twenty thousand people every day.

                        Nobody is sure what causes these, but it is thought to be linked to the left side of the brain, where the speech centers lie. In several cases, it does not begin until after a somewhat traumatic head injury. Further research will undoubtedly shed some light on the causes, and any potential cures, to these mysterious and annoying speech disorders.

                        Thanks for sharing that!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: I Have Always Wonders About This.........

                          i feel the same

                          Comment

                          Ad Widget

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X